Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Articles on Draft Party at Winter Park (Meet Jared Allen)

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Jim Souhan: Meeting a whirlwind wearing a cowboy hat[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Everywhere that Jared Allen went at the Vikings draft party, the spotlight followed.

By JIM SOUHAN, Star Tribune

Last update: April 27, 2008 - 12:09 AM

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/18305489.html
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: Articles on Draft Party at Winter Park (Meet Jared Allen)

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Vikings' draft is all celebration[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Signing free agents, such as Bernard Berrian, and trading for Jared Allen gives the team a new look, even without a No. 1 pick.

By KEVIN SEIFERT, Star Tribune

Last update: April 27, 2008 - 7:50 AM

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/18303654.html
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Jared Allen meets fans at Minnesota Vikings' draft party, serves up his share of trash talk
    Allen meets fans, dishes on everybody[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
    By Sean Jensen
    [email protected]
    Article Last Updated: 04/26/2008 11:00:11 PM CDT

The absence of a first-round pick didn't dampen the spirits for the Vikings' Draft Party on Saturday at Winter Park.

The Vikings built the event around their newest starter, all-pro defensive end Jared Allen, and they weren't disappointed. Here's a glimpse of his afternoon:

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci...nclick_check=1

3:55 p.m.: Allen's new Vikings jersey is Jennifer Fox's first purchase. Fox, who lives in St. Paul, doesn't know much about him, but she knows he's new and he's making a lot of money. "I admit it," Fox said. "I'm a fair-weather fan."
    Come on out you fair weather fans.
    Show your support.
    We've been missing you lately.
    ;D

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Minnesota Vikings owner Zygi Wilf still savoring blockbuster Jared Allen deal, despite no first-round draft pick
    Owner excited despite no first-round pick
    [/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]By Don Seeholzer and Sean Jensen
    Pioneer Press
    Article Last Updated: 04/26/2008 11:35:32 PM CDT

The Vikings entered Saturday's NFL draft without a first-round choice, but owner Zygi Wilf still called it "a very special day."

The team paid a heavy price in picks and money in Tuesday's trade for former Kansas City Chiefs defensive end Jared Allen, but his arrival has raised expectations among more than the Vikings' fan base.

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_9068894

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

When defensive tackle Pat Williams threatened to start dressing like Allen, Allen threatened to give him a pair of tight jeans. Pat Williams in tight jeans -- isn't that the eighth sign of the apocalypse?

<< shudders >>
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Allen didn't want to project how good the Vikings' defensive line would be.

"We're not worried about the past. Lot of respect for the guys who have played my position in the past, and I know there is a lot of history with some great D-lines here. But we're here to make our own mark," he said. "We're looking forward to the future. This has potential for greatness. I mean, anybody would be silly not to notice that."
    You go big boy.
    Man I love this shit.
    ;D

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Jim Souhan: Meeting a whirlwind wearing a cowboy hat[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Everywhere that Jared Allen went at the Vikings draft party, the spotlight followed.

What the press fails to tell you is how piss poor the people handling the autograph sessions were & how they fucked it up for many people.

I for one made sure that we were there by 11:30, thanx to Shock, so I could go to the Vikings booth & be one of the firsts to get an Allen jersey to be signed by him at his 3:00 autograph session before they sold out.

Shortly after 1:00, 2 hours before the signing, I went over to get in line for the Allen signing. Little Miss Prissy who was standing there for security for the current 1:00 session, told me that they were NOT allowing anyone to stand in line early for the Allen signing & that I had to leave & come back at 3:00 & then they would allow the line to form.

About an hour later, around 2:00, I returned to the line once again & was told by security there that I could not stand in line to wait for Allen & once again was instructed to leave & come back closer to 3:00.

So once again I left & then again at 2:35 I went back. I stood in front of where you line up & was told by little Miss Priss that the current autograph session (the one with Lurtzema in it) was closed. I told her that was OK because I was waiting in line for the Allen signing.

That's when she told me to forget about it, that session was closed as well. That's wen I went ballistic. I told her "WTF, how the hell could that be? I was there twice already, the last time just a half hour earlier & both times I was sent away & told to come back at 3:00.

She then told me that people had already been waiting in line for over an hour. I told her, what the hell are you talking about? I was here twice before & you told me you were not allowing anyone to form a line, so how could there be a line? She didn't answer, just stood their with a dumb look on her face & told me, "I'm sorry, but that session is closed already."

I then asked her where I could file a complaint because I was pissed as hell. She sent me to Fan Services to make my complaint. I promptly went over there & explained the story to them. He said I was not the only one to complain. Several people got fucked over & out of perhaps their one & only chance to get Allen's autograph. There was a lack of communication he told me, but there was nothing he could do. He then told me to file my complaint with Winter Park Monday morning, which I very well intend to do. But nevertheless that doesn't help me get my jersey signed.

They fucked it up big time. The worst handling of autograph sessions I ever saw since I've been going there. Even those who were lucky enough to get into the "mystery line", that only some knew about, like Vikeswin2005, said that the line was very chaotic.

I'm still pissed today about the whole event.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

What the press fails to tell you is how piss poor the people handling the autograph sessions were & how they ~messed up~ it up for many people.

I for one made sure that we were there by 11:30, thanx to Shock, so I could go to the Vikings booth & be one of the firsts to get an Allen jersey to be signed by him at his 3:00 autograph session before they sold out.

Shortly after 1:00, 2 hours before the signing, I went over to get in line for the Allen signing. Little Miss Prissy who was standing there for security for the current 1:00 session, told me that they were NOT allowing anyone to stand in line early for the Allen signing & that I had to leave & come back at 3:00 & then they would allow the line to form.

About an hour later, around 2:00, I returned to the line once again & was told by security there that I could not stand in line to wait for Allen & once again was instructed to leave & come back closer to 3:00.

So once again I left & then again at 2:35 I went back. I stood in front of where you line up & was told by little Miss Priss that the current autograph session (the one with Lurtzema in it) was closed. I told her that was OK because I was waiting in line for the Allen signing.

That's when she told me to forget about it, that session was closed as well. That's wen I went ballistic. I told her "WTF, how the hell could that be? I was there twice already, the last time just a half hour earlier & both times I was sent away & told to come back at 3:00.

She then told me that people had already been waiting in line for over an hour. I told her, what the hell are you talking about? I was here twice before & you told me you were not allowing anyone to form a line, so how could there be a line? She didn't answer, just stood their with a dumb look on her face & told me, "I'm sorry, but that session is closed already."

I then asked her where I could file a complaint because I was pissed as hell. She sent me to Fan Services to make my complaint. I promptly went over there & explained the story to them. He said I was not the only one to complain. Several people got ~messed up~ over & out of perhaps their one & only chance to get Allen's autograph. There was a lack of communication he told me, but there was nothing he could do. He then told me to file my complaint with Winter Park Monday morning, which I very well intend to do. But nevertheless that doesn't help me get my jersey signed.

They ~messed up~ it up big time. The worst handling of autograph sessions I ever saw since I've been going there. Even those who were luck to get into the mystery line, that only some knew about, like Vikeswin2005, said that the line was very chaotic.

I'm still pissed today about the whole event.
    Sad to hear my friend.
    Maybe at spring training.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Singer, i feel for you man...

It is my believe that if Wilf would hear about this he would arrange something... I don't know i think he's an class act and a true peoples person. also he doesn't like bad press. Best of luck
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast