Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Arrington a Viking?

The only thing is Arrington really isnt fitted for the Cover 2. Hes a younger more talented Keith Newman. So I dont see him coming here.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

my guess is that tampering happens all the time. i would expect teams talk to free agents alot before free agency opens up.

thats how we get to hearing about the vikes agreeing with the linebacker from the chargers, or about bently close to being a eagle.

how old is arrington?
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

He is 27

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Yes please!!!

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

NO WAY in a cover 2 the last person we need is a freelancer like Arrington that is why the Redskins benched him in the first place I sure don't want him here.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"aceclown" wrote:
    "DCPologirl" wrote:
    Arrington is real;ly talented but he has a lot of attitude problems. I doubt that Zygi would want that?!?
    His attitude problems are sparked by the fact the Redskins continually disrespect him on the field. Arrington was the most athletically gifted player on the Redskins defense, yet they benched him because they felt that Warrick Holdman fit better into their scheme. If you sign Arrington, give him opportunites to rush the passer and wreak havoc like the monster he is.
    Agree... kind of. Arrington excels when he is allowed to freelance on the field and be creative in his rush and coverage. Washington employs a very disiplined defensive scheme, and when one player begins to freelance, it breaks down on other parts of the field. Arrington never really understood how his freelancing affected other parts of the defense, and Washington never really understood how to best use him.

I wonder how much creative freedom we would be able to give him in the Cover 2 scheme. It seems to me that a MLB would have more freedom than the OLB, but I guess it depends on how the defensive coordinator moves the other two around. Can anybody remember if he played Sam or Willie?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"FuadFan" wrote:
    NO WAY in a cover 2 the last person we need is a freelancer like Arrington that is why the Redskins benched him in the first place I sure don't want him here.
    Yeah, that is what I was kind of thinking too. I don't know how well he would work with our defense. He has the skill, no doubt, but I don't know if he has the discipline to play OLB in a Cover 2.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"PackSux!" wrote:
    You guys honestly think a team is tampering with Lavar? My opinion is that he wants out of washington and that was a easy way out. Would you want to play for a team who is cap trouble and might have to start a ton of rookies? I wouldnt, i would give em 4 mill to leave also.
    He had 4 million in the bank! Not a $4.95 McDonald's Extra Value meal.

He took it out, gave it back to the Skins.

Now, he has to go out and get another contract and he probably won't get 4 million this year. He could have took his contract out to the Roster bonus time(July) and then just got cut. Then signed on somewhere for a couple of Million.

So 4(cut in July) + 4(guess on this years paycheck) = $8 Million

So -4(freedom to leave now) + 4(guestimate) = $0.0000000 Million

That is just speculation, but I like the 6 million ahead. All I am saying, he may play next year just to play, an in essence he might not be ahead. There might be some reasoning behind this. He might want to get on anywhere for a one year deal and hit the uncapped market hot next year.

But, unless the Skins were going to pay the 6.5 Million roster bonus and just tuck him away in a closet next year, he would have got an opportunity to get cut and play for a team next season without giving back the 4 million. It was a gutsy move anyway no matter how you look at it. I can also say that I can respect the fact that he did pay back the money, no hard feelings.

SheyD11285 is offline Rookie

It's not like he completely disregards the plays. He has instincts and this is how he uses them! he was an all-pro when he used his instincts! When they locked him down he wasn't able to do as well. He knows how to play better than coaches do. I want a playmaker! If we miss out on one or even two (We can dream) of the three big name linebackers, I will be livid. I would far rather have the final piece to this defense than Edgerrin James. Arrington is my choice followed by Witherspoon then Peterson although I would be ecstatic about any of them. DEFENSE! SKOL VIKES!

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

Arrington is a freelancer. He is talented, but a cocky freelancer. This a great when he makes plays, but what happens when he misses.

I thought I remember the same type of issue with E.J. Henderson. Talented but would freelance and guess wrong.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast