Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 105
  1. #21
    Vrehna is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    104

    Re: Arbitrator rules Vikings' offer sheet to Hutchinson valid!

    #1) Who in their right mind would give one player $49 Million in guarrenteed money. He could be injured in training camp next season. I don't think that they are going to do it. The only reason that they would, would be to screw us over, and a rebounding Superbowl team is smarter than that.

    #2) The Seahawks have until 11pm to give us an answer, but that doesn't mean that they are going to wait that long. They might already know what they are going to do, and they just might make the anouncement in five minutes from now...

    ...the suspense is killing me.

  2. #22
    MensaTice's Avatar
    MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,799

    Re: Arbitrator rules Vikings' offer sheet to Hutchinson valid!

    This must be important! Vikefanman2000 made his third post in eight months

    [color=red]

  3. #23
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Arbitrator rules Vikings' offer sheet to Hutchinson valid!

    OK, after the initial excitment wears off.. what does this mean in terms of Jones's contract? If they match Hutch will the clause kick in? The article was not very clear as to how the Special Master ruled on that. Or perhaps he did not make any ruling on it because it was not part of the inital complaint?

    I wonder if Seattle is willing to take the chance and match the offer and then claim the clause is not triggered because Jones's average salary is less than Hutch's. If they do, they stand a good chance that the NFLPA will file a grievance and they could be stuck guarenteeing the money.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #24
    DarrinNelsonguy's Avatar
    DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,118

    Re: Arbitrator rules Vikings' offer sheet to Hutchinson valid!

    "MensaTice" wrote:
    This must be important! Vikefanman2000 made his third post in eight months
    lol
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

  5. #25
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055

    Re: Arbitrator rules Vikings' original offer sheet to Hutchinson

    So from what I am getting from this article is that even though the Seahawks reworked Jones' contract that they still have to match the original offer by the Vikings. So now basically what the Seahawks did was filed a motion with the NFL to get more time to restrcture Jones' contract which will not work.. So unless I am not getting something, the Seahawks will have to guarantee Hutch's full contract.. Is this right?

  6. #26
    DarrinNelsonguy's Avatar
    DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,118

    Re: Arbitrator rules Vikings' offer sheet to Hutchinson valid!

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    OK, after the initial excitment wears off.. what does this mean in terms of Jones's contract? If they match Hutch will the clause kick in? The article was not very clear as to how the Special Master ruled on that. Or perhaps he did not make any ruling on it because it was not part of the inital complaint?

    I wonder if Seattle is willing to take the chance and match the offer and then claim the clause is not triggered because Jones's average salary is less than Hutch's. If they do, they stand a good chance that the NFLPA will file a grievance and they could be stuck guarenteeing the money.
    Yes, this means if they match that the clause will kick in.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

  7. #27
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Arbitrator rules Vikings' offer sheet to Hutchinson vali

    "revprodeji" wrote:
    k, so they said seattle CAN NOT restructure Jones in order to get rid of the pill?


    awesome!!!
    Actually, I don't know for sure if they said that or not...

    "But Burbank decided that the changes the Seahawks were attempting to make would have changed a principal term of the offer sheet."

    I think that just refers to the changes in the contract, i.e. not including the poison pill. It really doesn't say whether or not the restructuring of Jones's contract will allow them to match the offer without activating the clause...

    It was too vague for me. I need to know!!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #28
    Vikadelic is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    150

    Re: Arbitrator rules Vikings' offer sheet to Hutchinson valid!

    This article says something different. It says that Seattle has maneuvered to keep Hutch.

    http://www.theredzone.org/news/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=3855

  9. #29
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Arbitrator rules Vikings' offer sheet to Hutchinson vali

    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    Yes, this means if they match that the clause will kick in.
    Man, I hope you're right!!!!!!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #30
    PackSux!'s Avatar
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,570

    Re: Arbitrator rules Vikings' original offer sheet to Hutchinson

    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    So from what I am getting from this article is that even though the Seahawks reworked Jones' contract that they still have to match the original offer by the Vikings. So now basically what the Seahawks did was filed a motion with the NFL to get more time to restrcture Jones' contract which will not work.. So unless I am not getting something, the Seahawks will have to guarantee Hutch's full contract.. Is this right?

    From reading this part of the article i believe that is exactly what it means.


    Instead, the Seahawks revealed they had renegotiated the contract of left tackle Walter Jones, according to NFLPA General Counsel Richard Berthelsen, who represented Hutchinson at the hearing. Jones' contract now averages less than $7 million annually -- a move the Seahawks argued would allow them to match the offer sheet without triggering the clause. Jones' contract previously averaged $7.5 million a year.

    But Burbank decided that the changes the Seahawks were attempting to make would have changed a principal term of the offer sheet.

    Sounds to me like the the seahawks tried to pull a quick one and the special master said, nah not today.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FB Tahi signs offer sheet with Cincy
    By mewario in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 03-28-2009, 06:21 PM
  2. HAWKS WILL MATCH MOST OF OFFER SHEET
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 03-18-2006, 04:58 PM
  3. Hutchinson signs offer sheet
    By eclipse_2303 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-13-2006, 05:41 AM
  4. Hutchingson signed to offer sheet
    By Bozman in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-12-2006, 11:03 PM
  5. Bates signed to offer sheet
    By AngloVike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-28-2002, 04:54 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •