Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Vrehna is offline Rookie

Re: Arbitrator rules Vikings' offer sheet to Hutchinson valid!

#1) Who in their right mind would give one player $49 Million in guarrenteed money. He could be injured in training camp next season. I don't think that they are going to do it. The only reason that they would, would be to screw us over, and a rebounding Superbowl team is smarter than that.

#2) The Seahawks have until 11pm to give us an answer, but that doesn't mean that they are going to wait that long. They might already know what they are going to do, and they just might make the anouncement in five minutes from now...

...the suspense is killing me.

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

This must be important! Vikefanman2000 made his third post in eight months

[color=red]

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

OK, after the initial excitment wears off.. what does this mean in terms of Jones's contract? If they match Hutch will the clause kick in? The article was not very clear as to how the Special Master ruled on that. Or perhaps he did not make any ruling on it because it was not part of the inital complaint?

I wonder if Seattle is willing to take the chance and match the offer and then claim the clause is not triggered because Jones's average salary is less than Hutch's. If they do, they stand a good chance that the NFLPA will file a grievance and they could be stuck guarenteeing the money.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"MensaTice" wrote:
    This must be important! Vikefanman2000 made his third post in eight months
    lol
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Arbitrator rules Vikings' original offer sheet to Hutchinson

So from what I am getting from this article is that even though the Seahawks reworked Jones' contract that they still have to match the original offer by the Vikings. So now basically what the Seahawks did was filed a motion with the NFL to get more time to restrcture Jones' contract which will not work.. So unless I am not getting something, the Seahawks will have to guarantee Hutch's full contract.. Is this right?

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    OK, after the initial excitment wears off.. what does this mean in terms of Jones's contract? If they match Hutch will the clause kick in? The article was not very clear as to how the Special Master ruled on that. Or perhaps he did not make any ruling on it because it was not part of the inital complaint?

I wonder if Seattle is willing to take the chance and match the offer and then claim the clause is not triggered because Jones's average salary is less than Hutch's. If they do, they stand a good chance that the NFLPA will file a grievance and they could be stuck guarenteeing the money.
    Yes, this means if they match that the clause will kick in.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Blog Entries

Re: Arbitrator rules Vikings' offer sheet to Hutchinson vali

"revprodeji" wrote:
    k, so they said seattle CAN NOT restructure Jones in order to get rid of the pill?

awesome!!!
    Actually, I don't know for sure if they said that or not...

"But Burbank decided that the changes the Seahawks were attempting to make would have changed a principal term of the offer sheet."

I think that just refers to the changes in the contract, i.e. not including the poison pill. It really doesn't say whether or not the restructuring of Jones's contract will allow them to match the offer without activating the clause...

It was too vague for me. I need to know!!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Vikadelic is offline Starter

This article says something different. It says that Seattle has maneuvered to keep Hutch.

http://www.theredzone.org/news/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=3855

Blog Entries

Re: Arbitrator rules Vikings' offer sheet to Hutchinson vali

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    Yes, this means if they match that the clause will kick in.
    Man, I hope you're right!!!!!!
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Arbitrator rules Vikings' original offer sheet to Hutchinson

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    So from what I am getting from this article is that even though the Seahawks reworked Jones' contract that they still have to match the original offer by the Vikings. So now basically what the Seahawks did was filed a motion with the NFL to get more time to restrcture Jones' contract which will not work.. So unless I am not getting something, the Seahawks will have to guarantee Hutch's full contract.. Is this right?

From reading this part of the article i believe that is exactly what it means.

Instead, the Seahawks revealed they had renegotiated the contract of left tackle Walter Jones, according to NFLPA General Counsel Richard Berthelsen, who represented Hutchinson at the hearing. Jones' contract now averages less than $7 million annually -- a move the Seahawks argued would allow them to match the offer sheet without triggering the clause. Jones' contract previously averaged $7.5 million a year.

But Burbank decided that the changes the Seahawks were attempting to make would have changed a principal term of the offer sheet.

Sounds to me like the the seahawks tried to pull a quick one and the special master said, nah not today.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast