Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Prophet Guest

Re: Arbitrator rules Vikings' offer sheet to Hutchinson vali

Rob 'Poison Pill' Brzezinski is a hero. Put a statue of him in front of the new stadium.

Vikings | Team does not have to guarantee Hutchinson’s contract; Seahawks do - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 20 Mar 2006 17:43:29 -0800

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports today's ruling on the Steve Hutchinson offer sheet means the [size=18px]Seattle Seahawks have to guarantee the $49 million[/size] in Hutchinson's contract if the team matches the offer sheet from the Minnesota Vikings. The Seahawks have until 9 p.m. PST Monday, March 20, to match or lose Hutchinson to the Vikings. If and when Hutchinson becomes a Viking, [size=18px]his deal with Minnesota will not be guaranteed[/size].

CynicalVike is offline Starter

Re: Arbitrator rules Vikings' offer sheet to Hutchinson valid!

There are several reasons I feel comfortable that the Hawks won't match this offer. First off is the gauranteed salary on top of the cap hit of $13M they would have to eat. Second reason, if Hutch was signed by the Hawks and had an injury that prevented him from playing next year, he would count as a $42M cap hit next year, and still get his gauranteed salary!! Talk about tying your future up in one player!! Lastly, signing him isn't going to make for a lot of warm fuzzy feelings in the locker room with other star players like Alexander, Jackson, Jones, and Hasselbeck. Most likely they would all start asking to have their deals restructured as well.

The down side to this whole deal though is that it is going to hurt free agency in the future. I doubt you will see many teams putting that tag on players of that quality again for fear of that player getting a "poison pill" offer from some other team that can not be over come. We won today, but this is going to change a lot of things in the future.
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

jhirchak1 is offline Rookie

"nareg" wrote:
    11pm est or western
    Time is up at 11pm central time, that's 12:00am eastern, 9:00pm Pacific. Time is ticking away! Chester Taylor is getting more excited by the minute!

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Maybe this is the second piece of the puzzle.

The first was getting rid of Pep!

I am excited!
    me too! and jones took a pay cut! meaning he will be angry all year long! 1 top team in the NFC self destructing is good news for us
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Re: Arbitrator rules Vikings' offer sheet to Hutchinson valid!

Just a smart move by OUR Vikings that will send ripples through the league and they are gonna set a trend that will, hopefully, end at a Super Bowl.
    Man I like what's going on; very exciting. No one deny that the new regime means frekin' business. We need to get that Fullback and all 3 are good.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011