Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: apparently rice got his payday

He's scared of his hip.

That's why he waited so long on the surgery last offseason, that's why he sat out the remainder of the season with his concussion.

He's been eyeing this payday since the Baltimore game in 2009.

I'd also like to point out he only caught 8TDs that season. But many of them were in spectacular fashion, driving his value up.

Have fun rotting in Seattle, Rice. I'm sure Bevell and Jackson(or Whitehurst, HUGE improvement) can make it work without Peterson or Harvin, and an offensive line worse than ours. But you just sit on that $21 million guaranteed and ride out your contract on the bench and the injury report, just like you did for your years in purple. You got your pay day, and something tells me that's all that matters. If you care about winning at all, you'll probably make the playoffs once or twice... it's the NFC West after all.

I hope he kicks himself every day when he realizes his only legacy in the NFL is going to be people asking: "You mean the guy that Favre made for a year?"

Am I bitter? You bet. Did I flip-flop on my opinion of Rice because he abandoned us? Hell yeah.

Fuck that guy.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Maybe the Seahawks are planning to tank this season to get andrew luck next season? Best explanation so far as to why they went with Tjack.
    jk.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1101567
    Maybe the Seahawks are planning to tank this season to get andrew luck next season? Best explanation so far as to why they went with Tjack.
    jk.
    That would explain the Bevell hiring too, lol.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

jk.
    They tried to get Kolb but but by all appearances, it would have cost more than they were willing to give up. Mix that with the signing Gallery and Rice are indicators they are trying to get better on offense.

I also think they are clear indicators they aren't trying to have a losing season this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1101617
    jk.
    They tried to get Kolb but but by all appearances, it would have cost more than they were willing to give up. Mix that with the signing Gallery and Rice are indicators they are trying to get better on offense.

I also think they are clear indicators they aren't trying to have a losing season this year.
    They may not be trying to have a losing season, but hiring Bevell and signing Jackson are two indicators that it'll probably work out that way....

Not that it matters in a Division where 7-9 buys you a Play-off spot....

Caine

Rice was injury prone and had one good season thanks to Brett Favre. He screwed us last season with his last minute decision to go under the knife for that hip injury. I would have liked him to stay and prove he wasn't a one hit wonder, but I am not terribly sad to see him go. The Sea Chickens overpaid.
    Even babies know the difference.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1101639
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1101617
    jk.

They may not be trying to have a losing season, but hiring Bevell and signing Jackson are two indicators that it'll probably work out that way....

Not that it matters in a Division where 7-9 buys you a Play-off spot....

Caine
    It depends on who you won those 7 against & who you lost the 9 to. Especially if a majority of your games are against great teams plus a strong division. The NFC South had 3 teams with 10+ wins

Wins - losses doesn't always tell the whole story. Lets say you're an average team in a division where everyone else sux. You could easily rack up 6 wins. Now if your division is slated to play a weak division like the NFC West was last year, it would be easy to rack up 4 more wins for a total of 10 wins.

That doesn't automatically make you an elite team or a damn good team. You're still the same average team you were at the beginning of the season.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1101442
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1101315
    Quote Originally Posted by "delviking" #1101311
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/27/sidney-rice-picks-the-seahawks/

i quess he likes Tjack more than ponder.
    No, he likes 18.5mil guaranteed, $40 mil over 4 years better than whatever crap off the Vikes made.
    No no no....They play for the love of the game.

Of course its the cash. As I've said repeatedly on here, it isn't about the QB, its about how much they are going to get paid. Just so happens, he got paid and is going to a team that has his old O-coord, A QB he is familiar with and a team that has the CASH TO WORK THE FA market.

Unlike the Vikes.

Whoot whoot. Bryzcheapksi has cut a backup NT so that he can clear some space. Gimme a break.
    He cleared space for a new starting DT. Cheap my ass. Smart man. Too bad you are blinded by more hate.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345