Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: apparently rice got his payday

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1101328
    I don't hate him for taking his payday. If I'm mad at anyone, I'm mad at the Vikings for not locking him up before he ever hit free agency.

The Vikings are the ones that fucked up. When they signed the ex-Bears WR Aromashodu, that pretty much sealed the deal that Rice wasn't coming back.
    I agree. I will still say fuck him and I am glad I NEVER bought his jersey. I am picky on my jersey buying now. I will get a McNabb though.

Quote Originally Posted by "monsoon" #1101394
    I'm a Hawks fan and came over to see what the consensus was regarding losing Rice.

I'm not here to troll, but couldn't resist chiming in with all the trash talk regarding my team. I guess you guys haven't seen what our plan is in Seattle. We're going to be pretty good in 3 years I would guess.

I'm not going to talk about the defense yet, but let's take a look at the offense.

LT - Okung (2nd year beast)
    LG - Gallery (acquired today from the Raiders)
    C - Max Unger (3rd year from Oregon)
    RG - John Moffitt (Rookie, 3rd Round)
    RT - James Carpenter (Rookie, 1st round)
    TE - John Carlson (young and was good his first two years, unfortunately with our turn-style offensive line has had to block the last two years instead of running routes)
    WR - Mike Williams (will be even better this year and still young)
    WR - Sidney Rice (young)
    WR - Ben Obumanu (young)
    WR - Golden Tate (young)
    WR - Deon Butler (young)
    RB - Lynch (young)
    RB - Forsett (young)
    FB - Vonta Leach (All Pro has been rumored the last couple of days)

Everyone is talking trash about TJ and Whitehurst, but do you think they're in our long term plans? We will address the position with our number 1 pick next year in the draft. We're looking too good to be in the running for Luck, but maybe Barkley etc...

Pete Carroll and John Schneider are doing a nice job in the NW building from the inside out.

Oh, thanks for Rice. Mike Williams (6'5") and Rice (6'4") will make nice bookends B). Money we have, a ton of talent, not so much yet but moving in the right direction.
    The most important piece is missing from your list. QB! Have fun trying to find one. Just look at our history. Drafting a QB is no gimme.

Quote Originally Posted by "monsoon" #1101404
    Thanks. Yeah, it was great making the playoffs last year and beating the Superbowl champs from the prior year. Fun game to watch.

What are your thoughts on Edwards? There's been some talk that we might grab him as well.

On a side note. Holy crap. I live in Arizona but visited Minneapolis last week. I almost turned around after getting off the plane to go back to AZ to get out of the heat.

Oh, regarding 8 million to TJ over two years. Who cares? Paul Allen owns the team. No big thing. It's the same contract Whitehurst got. I'm hopeful that Whitehurst beats him out though. Who knows how good Whitehurst is. He has 2 starts in his career, but looked good last year when he had a full week to prepare with the #1's as the starter for the Rams game (which he won).
    I live in Arizona too.

LMAO. That is what they said about TJ too when you talk about only this many starts. Face it. TJ blows. The Rams? seriously?

monsoon is offline Waterboy

No argument there. You think your history is bad? How does Rick Mirer, Kelly Stouffer, Dan McGwire, Mike Teel, Seneca Wallace and David Greene sound? We have never drafted a good quarterback. Our best QB's have been Hasselbeck (trade) and Dave Krieg (undrafted). Zorn was fun to watch, but our history is pathetic.
    None

monsoon is offline Waterboy

I never said TJ was good. He's a stop-gap. He cost us nothing but money. I can live with that. I'm just glad we didn't give up a 1st and 3rd for Kolb. Then I would be pizzed.

The only thing I don't understand is, if TJ is so bad, why did Bevell want him in Seattle?

The Rams? Yes Seriously. It was a win or go home game. He looked pretty good for his 2nd game as a starter. He was more of a game manager, but made good decisions and threw the ball away when needed instead of throwing a pick or getting sacked. No? He got the win. What else can you ask out of a guy starting in his 2nd game?

Even Holmgren said you don't know what you have in a quarterback until he starts for two years.
    None

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1101315
    Quote Originally Posted by "delviking" #1101311
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/27/sidney-rice-picks-the-seahawks/

i quess he likes Tjack more than ponder.
    No, he likes 18.5mil guaranteed, $40 mil over 4 years better than whatever crap off the Vikes made.
    No no no....They play for the love of the game.

Of course its the cash. As I've said repeatedly on here, it isn't about the QB, its about how much they are going to get paid. Just so happens, he got paid and is going to a team that has his old O-coord, A QB he is familiar with and a team that has the CASH TO WORK THE FA market.

Unlike the Vikes.

Whoot whoot. Bryzcheapksi has cut a backup NT so that he can clear some space. Gimme a break.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1101320
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1101315
    Quote Originally Posted by "delviking" #1101311
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/27/sidney-rice-picks-the-seahawks/

i quess he likes Tjack more than ponder.
    No, he likes 18.5mil guaranteed, $40 mil over 4 years better than whatever crap off the Vikes made.
    He never had a good year with TJ. He better not spend his one and only big contract.
    He will whither on the vine out there. In retrospect I'm glad to get rid of him.

Now what plan do the Vikings have to replace him? Moss?

I have Rice's rookie jersey. I was going to burn it but I think I will give it to a homeless person.
    Can we quit with the Moss comments as a solution. Two completely different positions/requirements in this scheme.

Hell, Randy was asked to fill the void last year and failed. Why do you think he will be able to run a 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 route now? Why do you think he will go over the middle now? Why do you think he will block downfield now?

If you want to talk apples and apples, lets talk about letting Berrian go and adding Moss and looking at someone like Floyd or Naanee who actually are the type of reciever we need, albeit, the next level of class.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "monsoon" #1101432
    I never said TJ was good. He's a stop-gap. He cost us nothing but money. I can live with that. I'm just glad we didn't give up a 1st and 3rd for Kolb. Then I would be pizzed.

The only thing I don't understand is, if TJ is so bad, why did Bevell want him in Seattle?

The Rams? Yes Seriously. It was a win or go home game. He looked pretty good for his 2nd game as a starter. He was more of a game manager, but made good decisions and threw the ball away when needed instead of throwing a pick or getting sacked. No? He got the win. What else can you ask out of a guy starting in his 2nd game?

Even Holmgren said you don't know what you have in a quarterback until he starts for two years.
    It boggles my mind. Either he is on something or on to something...

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1101487
    I just read that. LMAO and SLAM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast