Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Re: apparently rice got his payday

I wonder after week 8 if Jackson and Rice with both be on IR base on there health records

Rice going to Seattle reminds me of Nate Burleson heading there for his payday, things didn't take off for him there.

Seattle has bigger line problems than the Vikes, there starting QB is whats his name and Lynch is still looking to regain his former status.

It would have been nice to resign him last year but for what? he just came off major hip surgery and well the Vikes have some cap problems already, yes if Rice is health he great but he has yet to put back to back complete season's in his resume and the Vikes have to fill a complete roster.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1101346
    I wonder after week 8 if Jackson and Rice with both be on IR base on there health records

Rice going to Seattle reminds me of Nate Burleson heading there for his payday, things didn't take off for him there.

Seattle has bigger line problems than the Vikes, there starting QB is whats his name and Lynch is still looking to regain his former status.

It would have been nice to resign him last year but for what? he just came off major hip surgery and well the Vikes have some cap problems already, yes if Rice is health he great but he has yet to put back to back complete season's in his resume and the Vikes have to fill a complete roster.
    They now signed Rice and Burleson to a combined amount exceeding 100 million dollars and took TJ off our hands too. We should send them flowers.

OTOH they went out and got Gallery who is someone I thought the Vikings could have used.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1101357

They now signed Rice and Burleson to a combined amount exceeding 100 million dollars and took TJ off our hands too. We should send them flowers.

OTOH they went out and got Gallery who is someone I thought the Vikings could have used.
    Yeah Gallery went with Cable, they should improve from the 31st best rushing team in the league.

Might zip down to Seattle to see them play....if I get there early in the season Tjack and Rice shouldn't be on IR yet :side:

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1101360
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1101357

Yeah Gallery went with Cable, they should improve from the 31st best rushing team in the league.

Might zip down to Seattle to see them play....if I get there early in the season Tjack and Rice shouldn't be on IR yet :side:
    Better make it the pre season

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Doesn't Rice have Rosenhaus as his agent? If so, I'm not surprised.

Yeah, the Vikes should have paid him after his big year. Then they could have re-worked his contract this year instead of losing the talent without anything in return.

But at that paycheck? Seattle, once again trying to screw us over for the Poison Pill, just took the screws to themselves. Just watch Rice underperform and/or continue being plagued by injuries.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Face it: Sidney Rice wanted out

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/42218/face-it-sidney-rice-wanted-out

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

monsoon is offline Waterboy

I'm a Hawks fan and came over to see what the consensus was regarding losing Rice.

I'm not here to troll, but couldn't resist chiming in with all the trash talk regarding my team. I guess you guys haven't seen what our plan is in Seattle. We're going to be pretty good in 3 years I would guess.

I'm not going to talk about the defense yet, but let's take a look at the offense.

LT - Okung (2nd year beast)
    LG - Gallery (acquired today from the Raiders)
    C - Max Unger (3rd year from Oregon)
    RG - John Moffitt (Rookie, 3rd Round)
    RT - James Carpenter (Rookie, 1st round)
    TE - John Carlson (young and was good his first two years, unfortunately with our turn-style offensive line has had to block the last two years instead of running routes)
    WR - Mike Williams (will be even better this year and still young)
    WR - Sidney Rice (young)
    WR - Ben Obumanu (young)
    WR - Golden Tate (young)
    WR - Deon Butler (young)
    RB - Lynch (young)
    RB - Forsett (young)
    FB - Vonta Leach (All Pro has been rumored the last couple of days)

Everyone is talking trash about TJ and Whitehurst, but do you think they're in our long term plans? We will address the position with our number 1 pick next year in the draft. We're looking too good to be in the running for Luck, but maybe Barkley etc...

Pete Carroll and John Schneider are doing a nice job in the NW building from the inside out.

Oh, thanks for Rice. Mike Williams (6'5") and Rice (6'4") will make nice bookends B). Money we have, a ton of talent, not so much yet but moving in the right direction.
    None

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

You don't give $8 million to a guy you don't plan on starting.

We will address the position with our number 1 pick next year in the draft.
    Enjoy drafting Andrew Luck.

You're forgetting the fact that you snuck into the playoffs with a 7-9 record in a god-awful NFC West.

Rice will be a good addition for you... if he's healthy... if somebody can get him the ball. Don't expect a 1300 yard season again, it took a 4000 yard passer to get him that. Rice won't make catches magically appear on the stat sheet, you need someone to throw him the ball, and TJ definitely is not that gy.

monsoon is offline Waterboy

Thanks. Yeah, it was great making the playoffs last year and beating the Superbowl champs from the prior year. Fun game to watch.

What are your thoughts on Edwards? There's been some talk that we might grab him as well.

On a side note. Holy crap. I live in Arizona but visited Minneapolis last week. I almost turned around after getting off the plane to go back to AZ to get out of the heat.

Oh, regarding 8 million to TJ over two years. Who cares? Paul Allen owns the team. No big thing. It's the same contract Whitehurst got. I'm hopeful that Whitehurst beats him out though. Who knows how good Whitehurst is. He has 2 starts in his career, but looked good last year when he had a full week to prepare with the #1's as the starter for the Rams game (which he won).
    None

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "monsoon" #1101404
    Thanks. Yeah, it was great making the playoffs last year and beating the Superbowl champs from the prior year. Fun game to watch.

What are your thoughts on Edwards? There's been some talk that we might take him off your hands as well.
    decent player, but needs to shut his mouth. Isn't nearly as good as he thinks he is.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast