Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Anyone interested ???

"mnjamie" wrote:
    Nope. He wasn't.

Can't find a link and have been looking hard. Jackson was the #1 with Koren #2. My point was that this is the first year in Koren's career he will be the true #1 on a team and the double teams covering him to come, we don't know if he can handle and/or excell in this postion till the season starts.

Anyone who cant see that Stallworth would be a great addition to this WR corp's ... i pitty you. IMO Try Koren at #1, put Stallworth at #2 where he thrives ... T.Will in the slot. T.Taylor off the bench and do what you want with M.Rob ... I feel he's washed up and the only answer I get from anyone for keeping him is "He's jumps well in the Endzone" ... Didn't see enough of that out of him last year to support keeping him on the roster ... IMO.
    Jackson wasn't the #1 UNTIL KRob screwed up in Seattle...so KRob has proven that he can be the #1 WR.

Anyway, regarding Donte' Stallworth...yes, I wouldn't mind having him on board...BUT we have much greater needs...needs that we should address first and foremost...namely, LB and backup CB...as well as backup OL and a QB to groom for the future. We might even grab a top-level RB in the draft if one falls to our first-round pick and is irresistable to the coaching staff (DeAngelo Williams).

So, yes, Donte' would be great...BUT I doubt that the coaching staff is looking at him very seriously.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    Nope. He wasn't.

Can't find a link and have been looking hard. Jackson was the #1 with Koren #2. My point was that this is the first year in Koren's career he will be the true #1 on a team and the double teams covering him to come, we don't know if he can handle and/or excell in this postion till the season starts.

Anyone who cant see that Stallworth would be a great addition to this WR corp's ... i pitty you. IMO Try Koren at #1, put Stallworth at #2 where he thrives ... T.Will in the slot. T.Taylor off the bench and do what you want with M.Rob ... I feel he's washed up and the only answer I get from anyone for keeping him is "He's jumps well in the Endzone" ... Didn't see enough of that out of him last year to support keeping him on the roster ... IMO.
    Jackson wasn't the #1 UNTIL KRob screwed up in Seattle...so KRob has proven that he can be the #1 WR.

Anyway, regarding Donte' Stallworth...yes, I wouldn't mind having him on board...BUT we have much greater needs...needs that we should address first and foremost...namely, LB and backup CB...as well as backup OL and a QB to groom for the future. We might even grab a top-level RB in the draft if one falls to our first-round pick and is irresistable to the coaching staff (DeAngelo Williams).

So, yes, Donte' would be great...BUT I doubt that the coaching staff is looking at him very seriously.

Not even at this price:

"He is under contract through 2007, with base salaries of $1.92 million and $545,000 in the final seasons of his rookie deal."

Needs are one thing, but when he led the majority of statistical categories for ALL Vikings and Saints receivers last year .... How could you pass on a deal like that for say a 3rd rounder ??? Which IMO is the most N.O. can be asking for him, cause if they are asking more, then they are wasting their time in the first place.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    Nope. He wasn't.

Not even at this price:

"He is under contract through 2007, with base salaries of $1.92 million and $545,000 in the final seasons of his rookie deal."

Needs are one thing, but when he led the majority of statistical categories for ALL Vikings and Saints receivers last year .... How could you pass on a deal like that for say a 3rd rounder ??? Which IMO is the most N.O. can be asking for him, cause if they are asking more, then they are wasting their time in the first place.
    Tell that to the Vikings...I would have no problem with them picking him up at the right price...but I also wouldn't have had any problem with the Vikings picking up one of the FA LBs either...and they didn't.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    Nope. He wasn't.

Not even at this price:

Tell that to the Vikings...I would have no problem with them picking him up at the right price...but I also wouldn't have had any problem with the Vikings picking up one of the FA LBs either...and they didn't.

But did you see the SIZE of the contracts Witherspoon and Peterson signed, not to mention Lavar still isn't signed cause the Postons priced him out of a job soo far ...... All three were asking too much.

Stallworth is a STEAL at his current price and when his rookie contract expires, if he didn't preform, then cut him or pay him what he's worth. I see win-win here myself.

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

Bottom Line ~ I would love to get Stallworth, but it aint gonna happen. We would have snagged him by now. The front office is focusing solely on the draft right now. If Stallworth is still unsigned after the draft, then maybe....but I doubt it

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

I doubt this is even true I think ProFootballTalk is going down a dead end with this rumor with Joe Horn declining rapidly they need Stallworth and will not trade him when they are not in a good position to replace him.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"mnjamie" wrote:
    Stallworth is a STEAL at his current price and when his rookie contract expires, if he didn't preform, then cut him or pay him what he's worth. I see win-win here myself.
    I have the feeling that the reason the Saints are trying to move him is because of the cheapness of that Rookie contract. Perhaps (behind the scenes) he's pulling a Javon Walker on them??

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

norseforce is offline Rookie

NO WAY no donte stallworth, I live in sac. cali, not even 15 minutes from from the place GRANT HIGH SCHOOL, where he and ONTERRIO SMITH played on the same team , they are best friends to this very day. and during high school they would alway call themselfs the next JERRY RICE AND BARRY SANDERS.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345