Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Anudder poisen's woithless opinion on us....

singersp prolly beat me down on dis one too, so just delete it again if it's already here, y'know?
    ================================================
    A few newcomers have QB issues to address

By John Clayton

Seven first-time head coaches were hired in one of the strangest postseason scrambles for jobs in recent memory. This was the biggest changeover to first-time head coaches since 1999 when Andy Reid, Mike Riley, Brian Billick, Dick Jauron, Ray Rhodes and Gunther Cunningham.

Here's a look at the 10 coaching moves this offseason (in order of the hires), and the pros and cons of each situation.

Brad Childress, Minnesota Vikings

What he has going for him: As the first coach hired, he was able to put together the coaching staff he wanted. The organization is set up very much the same way it was for Andy Reid in Philadelphia. Childress will have input in personnel. The team, like the Eagles, has plenty of cap room ($23 million). The roster is loaded with talented players on offense and defense after years of good drafting and solid free agent acquisitions.

The biggest issue: Offense. He has to sort out what works and what doesn't on his offense. Quarterback Daunte Culpepper is coming off triple ligament knee surgery so Brad Johnson will have to handle the offseason as the starting quarterback. The offensive line has holes and needs improvement. Childress has to decide whether the wide receivers fit the West Coast offense. And there are questions in the backfield. Michael Bennett is a free agent. Onterrio Smith hasn't been cleared from his one-year drug suspension. Plus, coming out of the Eagles' system, where there was heavy reliance on passing the ball, does Childress really want to emphasize the running attack?
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Anudder poisen's woithless opinion on us....

Sounds like trivial problems to me...he will get it right by the start of the season...NO PROBLEM!!! Playoffs here we come!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

Good article, I like how they say we are loaded with talent! That never gets old! :grin:
    ;-)

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

we are pretty loaded. just like after the love boat. OH SNAP.
    We're bringing purple back.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

yeah our team sure is loaded with talent, just imagine our potential for this year!
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

"OldManVike" wrote:
    singersp prolly beat me down on dis one too, so just delete it again if it's already here, y'know?
    ================================================
    A few newcomers have QB issues to address

By John Clayton

Seven first-time head coaches were hired in one of the strangest postseason scrambles for jobs in recent memory. This was the biggest changeover to first-time head coaches since 1999 when Andy Reid, Mike Riley, Brian Billick, slick willy Jauron, Ray Rhodes and Gunther Cunningham.
    HAHAHA

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

I hope he puts some ephasis on the running game. I don't want to see our QB throw 50 passes a game like McNabb did. It would just be more crap like we used to have.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

yeah didnt the eagles struggle with the run? im a firm beliver in ground control offense.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    I hope he puts some ephasis on the running game. I don't want to see our QB throw 50 passes a game like McNabb did. It would just be more crap like we used to have.
    Childress wasn't completely at fault for that. he didn't call hte plays in philly, that was all andy reid

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

The fact that Tice actually leaves Childress a talented roster is intriguing. In addition, the cap is in great shape. Making the playoffs is the minimal acceptable deliverable for the upcoming year. West coast, east coast, south beach.....it does not matter.....there is too much talent on the cureent roster for Childress to underchieve.

How Childress handles the Culpepper affair is interesting. If he dumps Culpepper, he has his excuse (no franchise Qb) while he becomes accustomed to handling the duties of a head coach. Retaining Culpepper and failure leads to Childress sitting in the hotseat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast