Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Anquan Boldin

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Anquan Boldin

I would take atleast a first and a 3rd.
    I still say do it. I would love for us to address WR in the first round but we will probably do it in the third.
    Either way you can argue that we are only giving up 1 draft pick for him since we would have adressed it anyway..

Boldin is worth a 1st and 3rd in my eyes.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    Boldin would be nice if he could control his emotions on the sidelines. He's a big guy, physical, can break tackles, good speed, good hands, good YAC. He's exactly what our offense would need to complement Sidney Rice and Bernard Berrian.

I'm not convinced he's going anywhere anytime soon, but if he was up for grabs in a trade I would certainly look into it. He's also a great RunBlocker also, he would fit in nicley.

I'm not convinced we're willing to put big money into the WR position let alone trading away draft picks, I could be wrong but I wouldn't doubt it if we continue to the see the evolution of our current guys, especailly the young ones in Rice and Allison.
    I think we should trade Berrian and a fourth rounder for Anquan or Rice and a 2nd rounder... it's a win win.. in the first trade, I think what we're giving BB would net out anyway annually... the 2nd trade would be a bit trickier...
    We'd take a huge cap hit to trade Berrian 1 year into his deal.
    It's not happening.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    Yeah I wouldn't trade Berrian, no way. I only want to add not subtract. Berrian is one of the best deep threats in the league, and a dangerous player with the ball in his hands.
    and still has yet to top 1,000 yards in a season... he didn't even catch a pass in every game!!

"kevoncox" wrote:
    I would take atleast a first and a 3rd.
    I still say do it. I would love for us to address WR in the first round but we will probably do it in the third.
    Either way you can argue that we are only giving up 1 draft pick for him since we would have adressed it anyway..

Boldin is worth a 1st and 3rd in my eyes.
    but then you have to PAY HIM!!!... no way!!... I'd rather do that to get a QB...

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    Boldin would be nice if he could control his emotions on the sidelines. He's a big guy, physical, can break tackles, good speed, good hands, good YAC. He's exactly what our offense would need to complement Sidney Rice and Bernard Berrian.

I'm not convinced he's going anywhere anytime soon, but if he was up for grabs in a trade I would certainly look into it. He's also a great RunBlocker also, he would fit in nicley.

I'm not convinced we're willing to put big money into the WR position let alone trading away draft picks, I could be wrong but I wouldn't doubt it if we continue to the see the evolution of our current guys, especailly the young ones in Rice and Allison.
    I think we should trade Berrian and a fourth rounder for Anquan or Rice and a 2nd rounder... it's a win win.. in the first trade, I think what we're giving BB would net out anyway annually... the 2nd trade would be a bit trickier...
    We'd take a huge cap hit to trade Berrian 1 year into his deal.
    It's not happening.
    I don't think we would (as if it's gonna happen anyway), bc we paid BB in the form of roster bonuses, so it all goes to the cap in that year... any bonus money if any, would then accelerate in the year we trade him which would be very marginal and with his $7 mill salary, say he's owed $4 mill more bc he has $16 mill guaranteed and was paid a big chunk of that, we'd come out with a $3 mill net gain in cap space...

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    Yeah I wouldn't trade Berrian, no way. I only want to add not subtract. Berrian is one of the best deep threats in the league, and a dangerous player with the ball in his hands.
    and still has yet to top 1,000 yards in a season... he didn't even catch a pass in every game!!
    Yeah I'm also upset that he dropped that pass in the playoff game vs the Eagles to put us in scoring position. However I wouldn't trade him, he's vital to our offense and verstatle in doing Punt Returns. I think he is valuable
    piece that I want to keep in place. Hopefully we can get one of the guys we drafted to step up to be consistent or keep looking in FA or the draft for one that will.

IMO Berrian doesn't need to break the 1000 mark but if does thats cool, as long he continues to be a legit deep threat, and explosive player on the YAC he fills the role.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    Yeah I'm also upset that he dropped that pass in the playoff game vs the Eagles to put us in scoring position. However I wouldn't trade him, he's vital to our offense and verstatle in doing Punt Returns. I think he is valuable
    piece that I want to keep in place. Hopefully we can get one of the guys we drafted to step up to be consistent or keep looking in FA or the draft for one that will.

IMO Berrian doesn't need to break the 1000 mark but if does thats cool, as long he continues to be a legit deep threat, and explosive player on the YAC he fills the role.
    I'd say Berrian not topping 1000 yards has less to do with his ability, and more to do with both our qbs not topping 3000 yards

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

I'd say Berrian not topping 1000 yards has less to do with his ability, and more to do with both our qbs not topping 3000 yards
    I agree but i was dong it for the sake of argument... I'm more concerned with how he catches the ball... it seems if it's not a deep pass where he's open then he's not gonna get the ball.... it's almost like that's the only route he runs... he needs to be all over the field!!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I don't know, Berrian had some really good catches that were shorter routes turned into large chunks and often TD's. I think he can do it all in terms of routes and catching, I just think he lacks size and bulk to be really physical and break tackles.

I agree with the QB situation, if we can get the passing game ironed out I wouldn't doubt his ability to exceed 1,000 yards no problem.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

I agree but i was dong it for the sake of argument... I'm more concerned with how he catches the ball... it seems if it's not a deep pass where he's open then he's not gonna get the ball.... it's almost like that's the only route he runs... he needs to be all over the field!!
    perhaps thats not the kind of reciever he is.
    He's a burner, like moss, obviously his best route will be the fly.
    He's also good in space, so we need to work with him and get into those kind of situations.
    You expect him to be like TO, big, strong, and able to make all the catches (insert drop joke here)
    He's just not that kind of player, and we all knew that when we signed him.
    I'm hoping that Rice will turn into that guy, but it remains to be seen.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast