Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Another Vikings Draft day trade rumor

I don't know if I would call him a Westbrook style RB.
    Lynch is pretty thick and is a good inside runner.
    He seems to be a pretty good receiver as well, maybe thats why the comparison.
    But I think you can utilize Marshawn as an every down back and have him stay into pass protect, run inside/outside or come out of the backfield on a pass route.
    I don't think you'll see him utilized much as a slot receiver ala Westbrook or Bush which is where they create the mismatch nightmares.

dr feelgood is offline Training Camp

defense ia a player away from being great ( two starters were out last year )
    Offense is further away. They pick defense or trade down.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"dr" wrote:
    defense ia a player away from being great ( two starters were out last year )
    Offense is further away. They pick defense or trade down.
    I think our "D" is a bit further away than that.
    We need DE help (Erasmus has been a non-factor for 2 years already, and Udeze has been less than impressive in pass rush), we need LB help (Greenway is still a question mark, and the rest have shown an inability to cover crossing routes), and our secondary hasn't performed to expectations (Smoot is gone, but he wasn't the worst of the lot...just the most expensive).
    Now, with a new DC, who knows what will happen.

Our Offense is in shambles.
    No QB, no WR's, and the right side of the O-Line is a turnstile.
    Plus we're shallow at RB and "iffy" at TE.
    Add in a lack of a real OC and Childress' poor play calling and schemes and we're not looking to be a dynamo anytime soon.
    In fact, our Defense might look so good simply because our Offense is that bad.

Honestly, I think this is going to be a trash-free year from Viking fans.
    Look for the resurgence of Packer trolls this season since they only show up when they have an overwhelming advantage.

IMO, it's going to take 2-3 years to dig ourselves out of the hole the new regime has put us in.

Caine

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

good post caine...you sue can post

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    This morning on KFAN Mike Morris had a interesting take on the Vikings pick, keep in mind he has been right the last 7 years.

He said if Landry is there at #7 he is our guy and if he is gone we will trade down and select Marshawn Lynch from Cal.
    Thats the first time I've heard that take, just shows how unpredictable this thing is going to be tomorrow.
    Hope the boys making the draft day decisions have their pooh together tomorrow.
    Morris stated there is ZERO chance of us taking Peterson even if he is there at #7 and Landry is gone, so there will be a lot of unhappy rubes.
    IF that happens, we will know the answer as to whether the Vikings FO knows what they are doing...and the answer will be a resounding NO!
    >
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    This morning on KFAN Mike Morris had a interesting take on the Vikings pick, keep in mind he has been right the last 7 years.

He said if Landry is there at #7 he is our guy and if he is gone we will trade down and select Marshawn Lynch from Cal.
    Thats the first time I've heard that take, just shows how unpredictable this thing is going to be tomorrow.
    Morris stated there is ZERO chance of us taking Peterson even if he is there at #7 and Landry is gone, so there will be a lot of unhappy rubes.

IF that happens, we will know the answer as to whether the Vikings FO knows what they are doing...and the answer will be a resounding NO!
    >
    why? when we drafted according to need, we ended up with troy williamson..everybody wanted the best player available (a fellow by the name of merriman), but instead we went with a 2nd round talent in williamson
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"olson_10" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

>
    why? when we drafted according to need, we ended up with troy williamson..everybody wanted the best player available (a fellow by the name of merriman), but instead we went with a 2nd round talent in williamson
    BPA would be Peterson, then Landry.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    [quote author=DarrinNelsonguy link=topic=33636.msg570485#msg570485 date=1177682694]

>
    [/quote]
    i dont agree with that..peterson is the "BPA" on most ppl's boards because hes an offensive player..landry's impact on defense is equal to petersons offensively, especially if you are going to be implementing a 2 back system..actually the fact that peterson would be playing in a 2 back system would make landry the bigger impact player
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Property0f is offline Pro-Bowler

"olson_10" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    [quote author=tastywaves link=topic=33636.msg570487#msg570487 date=1177682879]
    [quote author=DarrinNelsonguy link=topic=33636.msg570485#msg570485 date=1177682694]

>
    [/quote]
    i dont agree with that..peterson is the "BPA" on most ppl's boards because hes an offensive player..landry's impact on defense is equal to petersons offensively, especially if you are going to be implementing a 2 back system..actually the fact that peterson would be playing in a 2 back system would make landry the bigger impact player
    [/quote]

Everyone knows RB's are despensible. Look at the Chiefs trying to dumb LJ before he hits FA next year. Look at the Bills who already dumped Mcgahee before he became a FA.

But safeties, they are a different story, especially in the context of the Tampa 2 D.
    Safeties have a much bigger role in the Tampa 2, followed by the Linebackers, and last the cornerbacks.

If we can acquire the next Ed Reed to be the face of our D for a good 7+ years, I'd gladly take that over a RB who can be replaced any given year.

"Property0f" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    [quote author=DarrinNelsonguy link=topic=33636.msg570488#msg570488 date=1177682952]
    [quote author=tastywaves link=topic=33636.msg570487#msg570487 date=1177682879]

>
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Everyone knows RB's are despensible. Look at the Chiefs trying to dumb LJ before he hits FA next year. Look at the Bills who already dumped Mcgahee before he became a FA.

But safeties, they are a different story, especially in the context of the Tampa 2 D.
    Safeties have a much bigger role in the Tampa 2, followed by the Linebackers, and last the cornerbacks.

If we can acquire the next Ed Reed to be the face of our D for a good 7+ years, I'd gladly take that over a RB who can be replaced any given year.
    [/quote]
    I guess that we COULD run a 4-0-7 defense...our front four...NO LBs...the two CBs...and the FIVE safeties that we will have once we draft Landry.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast