Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MVIKING7 is offline Pro-Bowler

Another boring Vikes offseason

Well here we are, firmly into another offseason, and just about every time I check ESPN.com or NFL.com,
    I can read about almost every team making their deals, trades, and signing FA's. Except for...of course...my Vikings. Same sh*t different year.I guess it really doesn't matter who the owner or the head coach is, this franchise just refuses to make any big moves. Let me get this straight now, I'm supposed to get excited about the upcoming season with a second year QB who barely has any experience, absolutly no quality receivers, and a "conservative" play calling head coach. Regardless of who we might get in the draft, I just don't see how this team is as good or better then the Bears or the Packers for that matter. This will be my 40th season as a Vikes fan, and I'm really getting impatient. I wonder if the whole Herschal Walker debacle has done this team in, even though no one remains in the organizatiuon from then. C'mon Ziggy, let go of some cash and let's build a winner...PLEASE? ;D

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Another boring Vikes offseason

Spending money just because you have it is rediculous.
    This group made some pretty good moves last offseason, such as getting a "back up" named Ben Leber who turned out to do pretty darn good.
    The offseason is still young and the draft is getting near.
    Who knows what will happen between no and next season.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"MVIKING7" wrote:
    Well here we are, firmly into another offseason, and just about every time I check ESPN.com or NFL.com,
    I can read about almost every team making their deals, trades, and signing FA's. Except for...of course...my Vikings. Same sh*t different year.I guess it really doesn't matter who the owner or the head coach is, this franchise just refuses to make any big moves. Let me get this straight now, I'm supposed to get excited about the upcoming season with a second year QB who barely has any experience, absolutly no quality receivers, and a "conservative" play calling head coach. Regardless of who we might get in the draft, I just don't see how this team is as good or better then the Bears or the Packers for that matter. This will be my 40th season as a Vikes fan, and I'm really getting impatient. I wonder if the whole Herschal Walker debacle has done this team in, even though no one remains in the organizatiuon from then. C'mon Ziggy, let go of some cash and let's build a winner...PLEASE? ;D
    Seeing as you were a Vikings fan long before I was born, There is really nothing I can say to comfort you. Someone who has watched the Vikes for that long will obviously have some pent up agression. That being said, you have been a Vikes fan for 40 years. I am sure that you will stick with your team, endure through the bad, and celebrate the good. SKOL!
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Rattz is offline Rookie

Patience....let's see what happens in the draft.
    They have a plan, let's see how it progresses.
    As you said earlier with the Herschel trade....you can't just make a big move just to make a move.
    The Vikes are clearly taking the path of the Twins, build through the draft and make good value free agent moves.
    I think people are a little impatient because of how active they were last year with the signing of Hutch, Taylor, Leber, Longwell etc.
    That was a much better FA class, this year is freakin' weak.

Keep the faith!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"MVIKING7" wrote:

Another boring Viking off-season?

2 years ago when they traded Randy signed Sharper, Fred Smoot, Pat Williams.

Last year when they traded Daunte, had the poison pill incident and got Hutchinson, and then signed Ben Leber, Chester Taylor, Tank Williams, Davis, Longwell.

Oh my god the Viking's never do anything in free agency they are so boring!

Some people have memories the size of a Nat!

They never spend money.
    Lets see they resigned McKinney, Kevin Williams and E.J Henderson to about 130 million in contracts in the last month of the season.

People there isn't much in free agency it is the worst group of players in the last 10 years and I don't think the Vikes should be over spending for poor talent.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

It's not boring.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:

2 years ago when the traded Randy signed Sharper, Fred Smoot, Pat Williams.

Last year when the traded Daunte, had the poison pill incident and got Hutchinson, and then signed Ben Leber, Chester Taylor, Tank Williams, Davis, Longwell.

They never spend money.
    Lets see they resigned McKinney, Kevin Williams and E.J Henderson to about 130 million in contracts in the last month of the season.

People there isn't much in free agency it is the worst group of players in the last 10 years and I don't think the Vikes should be over spending for poor talent.
    I was thinking the same thing, last year was my favorite offseason since following the Vikes, and that has been more than a year.
    I think.....oh hell, I can't remember.
    But, it was a great offseason.
    This one will inevitably have some action coming up that will be exciting.

Today sucks, the sun will never come up.
    It is boring.
    I wanted to watch the sunrise, but it isn't happening.
    What to do.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

i was going to say something, i had a lot typed, but WhackThePack had almost word for word what i was saying lol, so i'll just /cheer him

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "MVIKING7" wrote:

2 years ago when the traded Randy signed Sharper, Fred Smoot, Pat Williams.

Last year when the traded Daunte, had the poison pill incident and got Hutchinson, and then signed Ben Leber, Chester Taylor, Tank Williams, Davis, Longwell.

They never spend money.

LMAO.
    Whack, you must have read my mind! ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:
    They never spend money.
    That is a GREAT point, Whack.

Half of the mission of FA is to make sure that YOUR key players don't become free agents.
    The Vikings took care of three key members (by their accounting) of the team in the next 4-5 years by re-signing these three.

Can you imagine the money that KWill would have attracted in the current climate?
    (Yes, he was not due to be a FA this off-season, but he was for next).

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast