Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Anderson's Awesome, Astounding, Amaranthine, Amazing Analysis: 2008 Edition.

I'm not sure.
    It always seemed to me that he was good at moving the centre or guard who was blocking him backwards into the qb, therefore "collapsing the pocket"

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Anderson's Awesome, Astounding, Amaranthine, Amazing Analysis: 2008 Edition.

"mountainviking" wrote:
    Nice Work!
    Good Read!!

I love the idea of getting Shmidt in the third!
    Just seems like the hard working, get-er-done, blue collar type of player the current Vikings are looking for.
    And, in two years, when Chester's contract is up, maybe Owen can step into those carries needed to keep AP fresh!
    Check out this video, love the effort!
    "Yes, Owen Shmidt can fly!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO9JbRqJyoY&NR=1

I actually think Leber has been a really solid pickup for us!
    Last year's 51 solo tackles, 5 sacks, 4 passes defensed, and an interception isn't too shabby.
    The year before he had some key INTs and fumble/recoveries as well.
    In general, I think our LBs are doing a good job and are a big part of that No.1 rush defense.
    As for Greenway, I fully expect him to elevate his game in his second season playing...IMO, he's not nearly reached his potential, and his improvement could go a long way toward cutting down our passing yards allowed across the middle, to WRs, RBs, and TEs...

I too sometimes wonder just what Bevell does
    I'm sure he runs drills and generally, helps out the HC.
    Seems like it might be pretty similar to what Childress was probably doing for Reid when they were first getting started in Philly.

Robison and Edwards are promising at DE, but we still need more out of that group...and depth, given Udeze's illness (god bless!)
    I'm going to contribute Kevin W's decline to double teams due to lack of consistent outside pressure, AND, a predominance to focus on stopping the run.
    Again, DT depth could also help this situation...especially since, as pointed out, Kevin does seem to spend more time on the sidelines these days, and so does Pat.

Wow. Smith is gone, Tank and Doss probably as well.
    We have 1 safety???
    Dang.
    I'm seeing more and more mocks with us taking two or even three safeties in the draft...usually in the mid rounds, 2 in the third, or one 3 and one 4th.
    Lots of talk about how Philips isn't a Sean Taylor nor Ed Reed, and how his value is overrated due to lack of top end talent in the class at our position.
    D'oh!
    But, Maybe, we get the WR we need in the first, and Philips falls to us in the 2nd?
    Then I like backing up C and DT in the third, and hoping for Zibowski (?) another safety in the 4th.
    The guys on NFL network just talked about this kid Justin King Penn State 5'11 192 4.31 14reps 34 vert...graduated in only 3 years!
    Smart and fast as hell...wonder where he'll go?

With TWill gone, we definitely have to add at least one WR.
    Wonder how injured Eddie Kenison is?
    Tons of experience...several years at close to 1000 yds recieving, and two over.
    I like Bryant Johnson too...stuck at third behind Boldin and Fitz, but with starting experience.
    Looking to the draft, I lean toward the bigger WRs: Malcolm Kelly, James Hardy, Sweed, and Bowman.
    Kelly's concentration and catches in traffic, under cover, impress the hell out of me!
    Given TWill's situation, I guess I'm leaning a lot more toward hands/concentration over speed!!

I didn't say I don't like the Leber pickup, he's been very solid, exactly like I said :P

All I said is I would like a bigger playmaker, but I can say that about every position on the team(except for Peterson).

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Mr" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    Nice Work!
    Good Read!!

I love the idea of getting Shmidt in the third!
    Just seems like the hard working, get-er-done, blue collar type of player the current Vikings are looking for.
    And, in two years, when Chester's contract is up, maybe Owen can step into those carries needed to keep AP fresh!
    Check out this video, love the effort!
    "Yes, Owen Shmidt can fly!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO9JbRqJyoY&NR=1

I actually think Leber has been a really solid pickup for us!
    Last year's 51 solo tackles, 5 sacks, 4 passes defensed, and an interception isn't too shabby.
    The year before he had some key INTs and fumble/recoveries as well.
    In general, I think our LBs are doing a good job and are a big part of that No.1 rush defense.
    As for Greenway, I fully expect him to elevate his game in his second season playing...IMO, he's not nearly reached his potential, and his improvement could go a long way toward cutting down our passing yards allowed across the middle, to WRs, RBs, and TEs...

I too sometimes wonder just what Bevell does
    I'm sure he runs drills and generally, helps out the HC.
    Seems like it might be pretty similar to what Childress was probably doing for Reid when they were first getting started in Philly.

Robison and Edwards are promising at DE, but we still need more out of that group...and depth, given Udeze's illness (god bless!)
    I'm going to contribute Kevin W's decline to double teams due to lack of consistent outside pressure, AND, a predominance to focus on stopping the run.
    Again, DT depth could also help this situation...especially since, as pointed out, Kevin does seem to spend more time on the sidelines these days, and so does Pat.

Wow. Smith is gone, Tank and Doss probably as well.
    We have 1 safety???
    Dang.
    I'm seeing more and more mocks with us taking two or even three safeties in the draft...usually in the mid rounds, 2 in the third, or one 3 and one 4th.
    Lots of talk about how Philips isn't a Sean Taylor nor Ed Reed, and how his value is overrated due to lack of top end talent in the class at our position.
    D'oh!
    But, Maybe, we get the WR we need in the first, and Philips falls to us in the 2nd?
    Then I like backing up C and DT in the third, and hoping for Zibowski (?) another safety in the 4th.
    The guys on NFL network just talked about this kid Justin King Penn State 5'11 192 4.31 14reps 34 vert...graduated in only 3 years!
    Smart and fast as hell...wonder where he'll go?

With TWill gone, we definitely have to add at least one WR.
    Wonder how injured Eddie Kenison is?
    Tons of experience...several years at close to 1000 yds recieving, and two over.
    I like Bryant Johnson too...stuck at third behind Boldin and Fitz, but with starting experience.
    Looking to the draft, I lean toward the bigger WRs: Malcolm Kelly, James Hardy, Sweed, and Bowman.
    Kelly's concentration and catches in traffic, under cover, impress the hell out of me!
    Given TWill's situation, I guess I'm leaning a lot more toward hands/concentration over speed!!

I didn't say I don't like the Leber pickup, he's been very solid, exactly like I said :P

All I said is I would like a bigger playmaker, but I can say that about every position on the team(except for Peterson).
    Amen

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234