Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Anderson's Awesome, Astounding, Amaranthine, Amazing Analysis: 2008 Edition.

Not bad Mr.Anderson. Likewise I agree that pass rush is huge and we just aren't getting it done.

Couple bones to pick, 50% of Tarvaris throws is a little out of hand, Tarvaris's mechanics are not as bad as people make it seem, but when they are bad its terrible. Usually these are situations where he is trying to force something with pass rush in his face. When we get better at catching footballs his passing percentage and accuracy will no longer be questioned so much.

Lets talk about Ben Leber, he might be the most underated football player on our team, I thought he played at Pro Bowl level last year and a big part of the reason people think we have the best LB's in the league. A great football player and i'm glad he is here.

Kevin Williams is overrated because he is so inconsistent, he's not the force he used to be, but it doesn't matter if he can pick it up. 3 sacks for Kevin Williams is garbage if you ask me, he needs to start collapsing the pocket again. Kevin Williams sack numbers have been declining but he is still a force against the run. No longer the best DT in the game, sorry.

Right now our DE's are very young, i would hope Justin Smith is our guy in FA, we need a veteran guy thats proven and he will get a fresh start on a good defense. Also a proven veteran WR might not be a bad idea.

Another Limas Sweed fan, my biggest issue with Sweed is his ability to gain seperation from CB's, now he's gonna be playing against the best CB's in the world. Also keep in mind this a guy who has never gone over 50 receptions in a year and only completed one full season. He never surpassed 1000 yards in a single season. I believe most of Sweed's hype is due to the team he plays for. Definitly not worthy of where he will be picked.

Desean Jackson is a weapon, he's got everything but size. He's got big hands though and he catches the football well.

The guy i like is Jordey Nelson especailly for where he will be taken in the draft. Good value for a second or third round pick.

Nobody is talking about it but our first round pick very well may be a DT, with letting Spencer test the FA market and no pass rush production from Kevin or Pat we must do something to improve that area. Veteran DE in FA and a fresh DT in the first round.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Anderson's Awesome, Astounding, Amaranthine, Amazing Analysis: 2008 Edition.

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    Not bad Mr.Anderson. Likewise I agree that pass rush is huge and we just aren't getting it done.

Couple bones to pick, 50% of Tarvaris throws is a little out of hand, Tarvaris's mechanics are not as bad as people make it seem, but when they are bad its terrible. Usually these are situations where he is trying to force something with pass rush in his face. When we get better at catching footballs his passing percentage and accuracy will no longer be questioned so much.

Lets talk about Ben Leber, he might be the most underated football player on our team, I thought he played at Pro Bowl level last year and a big part of the reason people think we have the best LB's in the league. A great football player and i'm glad he is here.

Kevin Williams is overrated because he is so inconsistent, he's not the force he used to be, but it doesn't matter if he can pick it up. 3 sacks for Kevin Williams is garbage if you ask me, he needs to start collapsing the pocket again. Kevin Williams sack numbers have been declining but he is still a force against the run. No longer the best DT in the game, sorry.

Right now our DE's are very young, i would hope Justin Smith is our guy in FA, we need a veteran guy thats proven and he will get a fresh start on a good defense. Also a proven veteran WR might not be a bad idea.

Another Limas Sweed fan, my biggest issue with Sweed is his ability to gain seperation from CB's, now he's gonna be playing against the best CB's in the world. Also keep in mind this a guy who has never gone over 50 receptions in a year and only completed one full season. He never surpassed 1000 yards in a single season. I believe most of Sweed's hype is due to the team he plays for. Definitly not worthy of where he will be picked.

Desean Jackson is a weapon, he's got everything but size. He's got big hands though and he catches the football well.

The guy i like is Jordey Nelson especailly for where he will be taken in the draft. Good value for a second or third round pick.

Nobody is talking about it but our first round pick very well may be a DT, with letting Spencer test the FA market and no pass rush production from Kevin or Pat we must do something to improve that area. Veteran DE in FA and a fresh DT in the first round.
    With the Size Sweed has Seperation isn't needed as much. He will out work, out muscle and out jump most at the next level. His 12 DTS his Junior year can't be sneezed at. With him and Rice split in the red zone, ad will be able to pic his holes to the endzone.

hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

So so post... lacked a bit of content and opinions.
    ;D

Wow, on M. Kelley's hands.
    Wow.

I say him before D. Jackson.
    With Tjack's dirtballs, you need a catcher.

davike is offline Team Alumni

- E.J. Henderson: Beast. He hits like a Mac Truck. I remember in the Chicago game when Peterson rushed for 225, EJ gol 'darnit near killed someone, maybe Cedric Benson just before halftime. I was so excited during that game from AD, and that hit just pushed me over the edge, I was going nuts. We blitzed him quite a bit, and he looked really good rushing the passer. Looked good in coverage, we only got beat up the middle a couple of times, one of which was against Green Bay. But again, that deep middle isn’t easy for a guy his size to play, and the pass rush will greatly help him out
    Helluva post Mr. Anderson. You have obviously done some serious homework.

That was the Bears' fullback I believe.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

With the Size Sweed has Seperation isn't needed as much. He will out work, out muscle and out jump most at the next level. His 12 DTS his Junior year can't be sneezed at. With him and Rice split in the red zone, ad will be able to pic his holes to the endzone.
    Seperation is always important, don't you want your WR's to get open? I wouldn't garunttee he's gonna muscle his way through the pros. Lack of production and injuries raise red flags, there are much safer picks at 17. Kevin Hardy scored 36 TD's in three seasons then ran 4.47 at 6 foot 5, thats impressive. Not to mention he had more receptions as a freshman that Sweed had in any of his years. The only way AD will pick holes to the endzone is if our offensive line blocks for him. Limas Sweed is not a good blocker either.

This is why I like Jordey Nelson, 122 receptions as a senior damn near triple Sweed's career totals. Not to mention Nelson is faster, more elusive and a better blocker. As a KS fan you should know.

Besides a first round WR is unlikely i think it will be adressed with a veteran WR via FA. We should focus on pass rush with our first rounder.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

Sweed and Hardy are pretty much the same animal.
    I will be happy with either one of them if we could pick one up in the second.
    Like you said, a DE in the first would be good.
    I'm looking at Merling, Harvey, and Campbell in that order.
    If somehow all of those guys are all drafted by our pick, I would look for Kenny Phillips or Malcolm Kelly.
    I have to say that it is exciting to know there is going to be some real talent dropping into our laps in the first round this year.
    Hopefully we make the right pick, whoever it is.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Mr A, that has got to be one of the best posts I have ever read on here.

Content: Excellent
    Flow: Excellent
    Rationale: Excellent

As with most I disagree with you on a few minor points and it isn't as lame as what Collegiate player is better than another one either.
    ;D

Coaches.

Great breakdown of the positions coaches. I bet half of the posters on here haven't even heard thier names or really care who they are even though they are the heart and sole of this team right next to the players.

I don't see any of them as weak coaches.
    Infact I believe they all did a pretty damn good job considering what they had to work with in a few areas.

I believe we have the right group of coaches to get this team ready.
    All they need are a couple of more pieces, which I believe, we will get this year in FA as well as the draft.

DL.

Kevin had a bad year this year as well as in 2006 and 2005 wereas Phat Pat slimmed down abit (remember his first year under the Chiller) and seems to have found a bit of new found youth.

If this Defense is to take the next step next year, we need an increase at DE but we also need one of the "Premier" DT's to start playing a bit better. His numbers at "Total tackles and tackles for loss" need to get back up to were they were in 2003 and 2004 IMHO.

The excuse that he is double teamed all the time doesn't wash with me as Phat Pat gets double teamed almost as much as K-will.

(Marrdro stands by for the K-will crotch sniffers
    :)

NAME

TOT SOLO AST SACK TLOSS
    Pat Williams

Kevin Williams

Previous stats

Desaun Jackson
    You know I like big fast players (remember our OL discussions
    ;D).
    My knock on this kid will always be that he isn't big enough and will eventually get hurt.

As I've said repeatedly, you can keep throwing up all the small guys you want that have done well in the NFL, but if one were to do a bit of research one would find out that very few have been selected in the first round.
    Most were later round picks or undrafted and always seem to be hurt.

Just to big of a risk IMHO to take a guy that high no matter how talented he is.

- DeSean Jackson: Dynamic punt/kick returner. Blazing speed, sure hands, runs great routes. He’s undersized, at only 5’10” 175-180, but makes up for it with the rest of his game. Steve Smith type, only better(potentially). He’ll take over Williamson’s spot, and do the job right.
    Other than that, I really don't disagree with anything you say, spot on with Birk, a bit off with McKinnie (he is struggling wiht something either physically or mentally) and I love your analysis of Cook.
    That guy, along with Herrera will be a force to be dealth with this year.
    Notice how they had Hutch pulling to that side a couple of times late last year.
    Damn what a sight.

Big and fast my friend.
    Big and fast.;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I don't know, Kevin Williams has still been extremely disruptive in the backfield and definitely made plays for us. His stats have been down, but I still believe he's been playing on just as high of a level as any other defensive tackle there is. Hopefully if we get some outside pressure next season, he can return to dominance as an inside pass rusher.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Mr" wrote:
    I don't know, Kevin Williams has still been extremely disruptive in the backfield and definitely made plays for us. His stats have been down, but I still believe he's been playing on just as high of a level as any other defensive tackle there is. Hopefully if we get some outside pressure next season, he can return to dominance as an inside pass rusher.
    You are correct, he did make a couple of nice plays, however, stats don't lie. His production is down.

Again, if it was because of double teams all the time I would agree, but Pat played pretty damn good this year and was double teamed just as much and his numbers have gone up.

Matter of fact, I remember a couple of games when he was on the sideline when you would have thought he would be out there.
    I am a huge fan.
    I hope we aren't watching his decline.
    :'(
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    You are correct, he did make a couple of nice plays, however, stats don't lie. His production is down.

Again, if it was because of double teams all the time I would agree, but Pat played pretty damn good this year and was double teamed just as much and his numbers have gone up.

Matter of fact, I remember a couple of games when he was on the sideline when you would have thought he would be out there.
    I am a huge fan.
    I hope we aren't watching his decline.
    :'(
    Pat Williams comes out for most "passing" downs.
    So, his influence on double-teams on KWill in those situations is minimal.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast