Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Anderson's Awesome, Astounding, Amaranthine, Amazing Analysis: 2008 Edition.

This is my second annual team analysis. I will be addressing the previous season, the off season, and the season to come.

I know it's a monster post(edit: 2 posts, it exceeded the character limit), but don't be intimidated... just read, and watch(there's videos)... and I'm pretty sure it's the best post ever written.
    ;D

I did the whole thing in word, so it was a bitch to put in all the URLs and videos. I also had to go back and put in the HTML code to make things bold or underlined, since the text effects from word don't translate to the forums.

You may have noticed me posting, and immediately deleting posts testing out whether or not everything works. Well I got it all straightened out, and finally finished. Read and respond people.

I might be editing things here and there, but theres shouldn't be anything major. So quote away (I recommend only quoting pieces though lol)

So here it is.

Re: Anderson's Awesome, Astounding, Amaranthine, Amazing Analysis: 2008 Edition.

[size=14pt]A Season in Review: 2007[/size]:
    1) Coaching Staff
    - Click a coaches name to see their Vikings.com profile page.

- Brad Childress: I must say, I’m really starting to like The Chiller. I didn’t like the way he called plays at all, I’m still not completely sold. But that run we put together mid-season was great. He proved that with a consistent running game, our passing game can be pretty damn good. But of course to get that running game back to where it was, we’re going to need a passing game. They work off of eachother, he needs to find a way to achieve balance in this offense and then work on the play calling a bit, and he’s got my backing 100%.

- Leslie Frazier: He definitely filled the hole Tomlin left behind. We had the same issues as we did with Tomlin, but I don’t think that really reflects on coaching, rather not making the necessary off season moves to get us the pressure we needed off the edge. I think he did a fine job without a pass rush though. We did have a lot of yards against us in the passing game, but that’s due to the huge number of attempts. Oh yeah, the run defense. #1 in the NFL, again. Keep that up. He worked with an Indianapolis defense that has half the talent we do, and helped take them to a Super Bowl victory. The difference besides our superior talent? The pass rush. Frazier needs to get that pass rush going or we’ll have the same defensive woes as 2006 and 2007.

- Darrell Bevell: To be perfectly honest with all of you. I have no idea if Bevell actually does anything. I’m unsure if he calls plays, and if he does not, what does he do? Game planning and other strategies of course, offensive development, but in game… nothing? Is he earning his paycheck, I really don’t know. I wish there was more I could say about this guy.

- Paul Ferraro (Special Teams):
    #5 in the League (#1 in the NFC) in kick return average with 24.8 yards. Punt returns not quite as great, but hopefully that can change next season if we draft a return man. As far as I’m concerned Paul Ferraro is doing his job well.

- Eric Bieniemy (Running Backs) : You can’t teach speed, power, vision, burst, or agility. But you can teach blocking, and he seemed to do a fine job of that with Chester Taylor, now to work on Adrian Peterson. And I fully expect him to be ten times the blocker he was last season. There’s really only so much you can teach a guy like Peterson, he’s such a natural player, all you can give him are pointers on the finer parts of the game.

- Karl Dunbar (Defensive Line) What can I say about him that I haven’t said about Frazier. We need the pass rush desperately. It’s really going to be on his shoulders to get the talent we should acquire during the off season ready to rush the passer effectively, and consistently next season. As far as stopping the run goes, we really can’t get much better. Great year on that front.

- Pat Morris (Offensive Line): Just like Dunbar, great in the running game, mediocre in the passing game. We need to get our huge bookend tackles to drop back quicker and pick up those speed rushers. He seems to have taught the zone-blocking scheme very effectively. Good work there, with improved QB play e.g. quicker reads, audibles at the line, the big boys up front will look better and better.

- Kevin Rogers (Quarterbacks): All I can say is, mechanics. Tarvaris Jackson’s mechanics were absolutely terrible on about 50% of throws he made this season. I was truly appalled at times. He needs to step up, or if I were in charge, this guy would be shit-canned after next season.

- George Stewart (Wide Receivers): I guess you just can’t teach some people to catch the ball. Hopefully we can acquire some talent for this guy to coach(that will actually see the field) because our best receivers were riding the pine most of this year. Again, with improved QB play, these guys should look a lot better. And once they open up the running game a bit, they’ll look great.

- Joe Woods (Defensive Backs): Good work. Kept teams pretty low on passing TDs, and yards per completion. One of the best tackling secondaries I’ve ever seen. For the huge number of attempts against us, and complete lack of a pass rush, I’d say this guy did a damn good job coaching our DBs.

- Fred Pagac (Linebackers): Took a question mark, to a staple of our defense. I’m really happy about the way our linebackers played, and I think you can accredit a lot of that to Pagac. Our LBs really got after the ball, hit people, and played pretty well in coverage, except for a few big mistakes, but shit happens right? Great work by him this season.

Re: Anderson's Awesome, Astounding, Amaranthine, Amazing Analysis: 2008 Edition.

2) Personnel
    - Click players names to see their NFL.com player pages and stats.

Offense

- Quarterbacks
    - Kelly Holcomb: At times looked mediocre at best. He really proved

why he’s a back up this past season. Hopefully we never have to see him
    on the field in a non-blowout(in our favor) again.

- Tarvaris Jackson: Showed flashes of brilliance, and made some horrendous mistakes. He made some good plays with his legs, completed a couple of nice deep balls, would have been more if not for Williamson, but I won’t get started about him now. He really hasn’t had an opportunity to show what he can really do. The way this offense has been playing hasn’t put any of our quarterbacks in a position for success. We have a fantastic running game, but no receiver respect from opposing teams. They can stack the box and take away our play-action game. In passing situations it’s obvious for other teams to know when we are passing, if Adrian Peterson is in the backfield, we’re not throwing the ball. We need a passing game to open up this potent running attack we have, or else we’ll be the pathetic excuse for an offense we were for the end of 2007 for the entire 2008 season.

- Brooks Bollinger: Terrible. He fucked up every opportunity we gave him. I want him cut during the off season.

- Running Backs
    Great bunch of players we had a RB.

- Adrian Peterson: What can I say about this guy? He’s truly an unbelievable runner. The best pure runner I’ve ever seen. His combo of speed and power is beyond that of anyone else in the history of the league. He needs to work on his pass blocking, but that’s about it. I’d like to see us utilize him more on screen passes, he had that great 60 yarder against Atlanta week 1, but after that I don’t remember too many passes going his way. Great player, great guy, I can only hope for a long and healthy career for this man.

- Chester Taylor: Another excellent player. He’s very productive, a great change of pace from Peterson. He’s always there when we need him. Good blocker, very good receiver, I have zero complaints when it comes to this guy.

- Mewelde Moore: It seemed like every time he touched the ball over the past two seasons he took it for a sizeable gain. Moore’s a very good punt return man, but with Peterson and Taylor in front of him, isn’t getting any carries. He’s a free agent this year, and I hate to see him go.

- Offensive Line
    Unlike last year, I will discuss the offensive line as individual players. I griped
    about the zone-blocking scheme. Saying we should use our big boys up front to their strengths, their size and strength. I now see that the
    coaches are in fact smarter than I am (not by much) and made the right choice. #1 Rush offense in the NFL says something. I’ll review the players from left to right.

- Bryant McKinnnie: A day after he is arrested, I get to discuss his production. I will start by saying, all tackles get beat by speed rushers occasionally. He’s a very good pass blocker, an NFL elite, I know lots of you reading this like to rip on him for getting beat by speed rushers(most of which he faced this season were excellent defensive ends) but can you honestly name 3 better left tackles than him in the NFL? I can’t. I admit with McKinnie, when it rains it pours, and he has to make better in game adjustments. His pass blocking was great this year, he and Hutch really started to Gell on that left side.

- Steve Hutchinson: Proved once again that he is the best guard in football, maybe the best lineman period. Pass blocking, run blocking, getting to the next level, communicating, you name it he does it. There isn’t much to say about a guy as good as Hutch.

- Matt Birk: Like McKinnie, looked like absolute shit at points. In the second Bears game of the season he got beat so bad I couldn’t even comprehend what was going through his head. His pass protection seemed very shaky this year, and I’m really concerned with his future. He’s over 30 now, and we might need to seriously take a look at grooming his replacement for the future.

- Anthony Hererra: Came in mid-season to replace Hicks (who is terrible, get him as far away from Minnesota as possible) the guy’s a maniac. He’s got a great motor, he really loves to hit people. I didn’t get to see many games this season, but from what I’ve seen, and what I’ve read on PPO, he didn’t make many mistakes. He stepped up, did his job, and secured a spot for next year. I’m glad we gave him a shot.

- Ryan Cook: Boy did he prove me wrong. Not the prettiest of seasons, but overall I think he did alright. I’m still more than willing to replace him, but the right tackle is not the glaring weakness I thought it was. Hopefully he continues to improve at this rate.

- Wide Receivers
    Disappointing group. But I must commend their blocking skills, they really helped pave the way for Peterson.

- Sidney Rice: This guy did not get nearly enough playing time. He’s 6’4” with a 40 inch vertical jump. He can really go up and get it. He led the team in TD receptions even though he saw the field less than he should have. Great redzone threat, looked good on other spots of the field, but like I said before, he hasn’t played enough. I think he should be our #1 guy honestly.

- Troy Williamson: As I write this post, I read that he is to be traded to Jacksonville for a day two pick. I’m glad he’s finally gone. I think PFT said it best:
    Williamson was the seventh overall pick in the 2005 draft, and he was supposed to make folks in Minnesota forget about Randy Moss.

It didn't happen.
    In 2007, Williamson caught 18 passes.
    Moss caught 23 touchdown passes.
    http://beta.profootballtalk.com/2008/02/25/williamson-heading-to-jacksonville/
    He only caught 18 balls this season. What sticks out most are his drops. Anyone who is best known for failing at their job, should no longer be part of their organization. And he’s not.

- Bobby Wade: Good hands, pretty crisp route runner, not much in terms of speed, I’ve used this term about him for a long time now, but I consider him to be a poor-man’s Torry Holt. I really think he’ll improve with QB play, and when we get another receiver so he can be moved into the slot. Once the passing game is respected and we can play to our receivers’ strengths he’ll be very productive in underneath routes and quick slants.

- Aundrae Allison: Can anyone say playmaker? This kid’s a dangerous man with the ball in his hands, speed, vision, quickness. If/when we bring in another receiver he will in all likelihood be demoted to the #4 WR spot. So he’ll be on the field when we need a deep ball. He’s a very good return man as well. But if we do draft DeSean Jackson, he’ll take over that role for sure. I really like Allison, but could see him as the odd man out just like Mewelde Moore.

- Robert Ferguson: He played pretty well for us. But I really don’t like the guy all that much. His speed is unimpressive, has been injury prone his entire career, and I don’t really see too many strong qualities in his game. I think one of our young guys will take his spot for sure.

- Tight Ends and Fullbacks
    - Visanthe Shiancoe: Kind of a disappointment. He looked like a pretty solid player coming in, but didn’t do the job of stretching the field at all. I don’t know if that’s due to a need for extra pass protection, or just lack of ability. He needs to step up next season as well, cause we’re paying him some pretty big money, and he’s really not earning it.

- Tony Richardson: Great job. Excellent blocking, ignored by defenses so he got open and made a few pretty nice plays this past season.

- Jimmy Kleinsasser: Also looked pretty good. Still blocks well, good hands, made a couple of plays later in the season. Not playing the role in the offense he used to.

Defense
    - Defensive Backs
    - Antoine Winfield: The best tackling corner in the NFL, bar none. Solid in zone, jumped a few routes nicely. I have the same complaint about him as I do with all of our corners, and that’s the huge cushion he plays with. But I suppose that’s coaching that has them back there. With our lack of a pass rush, we really need to slow those receivers at the line. We need to disrupt the timing of the other team’s QB and WRs.

- Cedric Griffin: The same issue with the cushion. But also proved to be a solid tackler. He made a few mistakes early on, with his arm tackles, or going for a big hit when he should have just wrapped up, but overall I’m happy with his performance. He looked very good, and very mediocre at times.

- Marcus McCauley: Excellent athlete and another good tackling corner. I don’t think we could have asked much more from a rookie corner playing the nickel. If he started I think we would have seen greater improvements, but he has two very good players in front of him. Big, strong, fast corner, who could stand to be a little more physical, and needs to refine some of his game, but overall I think he played well.

- Darren Sharper: Veteran. Ballhawking safety, obviously not intercepting balls like he used to, but that’s because he’s playing the deep half of the cover 2. He’s not going to get many interceptions, but he proved he still can. And he played pretty well in run support. I’m really happy with his Vikings career so far. I remember him making one huge mistake in a game this year, one I watched too, I think he bit on play-action and let up a red zone TD that easily could have been prevented, but I forget who it was against.

- Dwight Smith: Problem child. He played well, but I felt when we picked him up he was just filling a roster spot we were going to fill in the future. Two off the field incidents were an issue. He really looked great at points this year, but also got beat several times. He’s a good player overall, but I’m not sad to see him go.

- Linebackers
    - Chad Greenway: Came back from injury and really stepped up. He looked really bad in coverage early on this year, but really came into his own throughout the season. Ended up forcing quite a few turnovers, I’m excited to have him back after his injuries. I hope he continues to improve.

- E.J. Henderson: Beast. He hits like a Mac Truck. I remember in the Chicago game when Peterson rushed for 225, EJ damn near killed someone, maybe Cedric Benson just before halftime. I was so excited during that game from AD, and that hit just pushed me over the edge, I was going nuts. We blitzed him quite a bit, and he looked really good rushing the passer. Looked good in coverage, we only got beat up the middle a couple of times, one of which was against Green Bay. But again, that deep middle isn’t easy for a guy his size to play, and the pass rush will greatly help him out.

- Ben Leber: Of all the guys on our defense, he’s probably the one that I know the least about. He never really stood out, always did his job though. And by never stood out, I mean positive and negative. It’s good to not hear a guy’s name, it means he’s doing what he should be. And as an OLB in the Cover 2, that’s all we need. I’m happy with Leber, sure I’d like a bigger playmaker, but he’s done more than enough. Forced a fumble or two, picked a ball off and had a handful of sacks. Good work Leber, keep it up.

- Defensive Line
    - Erasmus James: Injuries. Had potential, but I don’t really think we’ll see much, if anything more of this guy.

- Ray Edwards: Great pass rusher, good motor, quickness, burst, and decently powerful. Unfortunately he was suspended for illegal substances the last four games of the season. Hopefully he comes back just as quick and powerful next year… only clean. Although I believe the substance was some sort of diet or workout supplement, far from an anabolic steroid or human growth hormone.

- Brian Robison: Explosive pass rusher. He was such a beast early in the season, he led the team in sacks for a while if I remember correctly. I don’t think he got the reps he deserved. Hopefully he sees the field more next season.

- Kenechi Udeze: Was very good in run support. 5 sacks, better than the goose-egg he put up the year before. Unfortunately, Kenechi was diagnosed with Leukemia, so we’ll most likely never see him in a Vikings uniform again. Best wishes to the Udeze family, I hope for a speedy recovery.

- Kevin Williams: Best defensive tackle in the NFL. Run stopper, inside pass rusher, knocks down passes, dominates everyone who lines up against him. I don’t know what else to say about this man. He’s a monster.

- Pat Williams: “Phat Pat.” Great 1 technique defensive tackle, he just eats up the middle of the line, there’s no running by our DTs. And for how immensely fat this man is, he’s so quick. I love to watch him play. He did a great job this year, and earned his Pro Bowl nod.

[size=14pt]Looking Ahead[/size]:
    Needs
    - Wide Receiver: With the Williamson trade done, and the lack of production from this group, wide out is an obvious need for this team. Look for the organization to address it through a big name free agent, or an early round draft pick.
    - Defensive End: I’ve probably mentioned our lack of a pass rush more than anything in this post. We need that
    pressure off the edge desperately, and with the question mark of Erasmus James, and the unfortunate Udeze situation, we really need to bring someone in. Fortunately it’s a good crop of defensive ends in this year’s draft. The good defensive ends that were available in free agency have been Franchise Tagged, but there is one potentially good player available.

- Safety: We cut Smith, Tank Williams and Mike Doss are free agents. We’re thin at safety to say the least.

- Fullback: Tony Richardson is a free agent, or possible retiree. I think we should do everything we can to keep him around, but also draft a fullback. There’s one guy I’ve been raving about for a while now, but I’ll get to him later.

Free Agency: These guys are potential free agent targets for us, not all available players.

- Wide Receivers Available:
    - Randy Moss: I’m not going to analyze him. You all know just how damn good, and how bipolar this guy is. His play reflects his attitude. I would love to get him back, but I’m 99% sure he and the Patriots already have something worked out.

- Bryant Johson: 6’3” 215 pound receiver. He’s really eclipsed by Fitzgerald and Boldin, but he has good hands, and from what I’ve seen (not very much) he runs pretty decent routes. And he’s probably better than all of our guys.

- Devery Henderson: He’s a fast man. Very good athlete, but undersized. I think we’d be better off drafting DeSean or Dexter Jackson.

- Defensive Ends Available:
    - Justin Smith:

- Safeties Available:
    - Gibril Wilson: Being from New Jersey, and watching a ton of Giants games, I’ve seen a lot of this guy. He’s a quality safety, but I don’t really think he’s what we’re looking for. I think we need someone who can
    cover a lot of ground and lay some wood. He was inconsistent, but really seemed to sure up at the end of the year.

- Fullbacks Available:
    - No one

The Draft – With videos.
    - Wide Receivers of Interest

- DeSean Jackson: Dynamic punt/kick returner. Blazing speed, sure hands, runs great routes. He’s undersized, at only 5’10” 175-180, but makes up for it with the rest of his game. Steve Smith type, only better(potentially). He’ll take over Williamson’s spot, and do the job right.

[youtube=275,200]Wg5EQcXuD7k[/youtube]

- Limas Sweed: Big, good athlete, not much in terms of speed, but overall athleticism is very strong. Decent blocker. He can go up and get it
    at 6’5”, but we already have Rice to do that, and there’s no need for a second man like that.

[youtube=275,200]4AHAhZsrEL4[/youtube]

- Malcolm Kelly: Didn’t work out at the combine, but showed pretty good speed through his career. Great size at 6’4” 220 pounds, he’s a solid overall player. He’s not a specific type player like Jackson and Sweed.

[youtube=275,200] f9ZHjgrXArI[/youtube]

- Andre Caldwell: Surprised some people and ran a 4.37 40 yard dash. 6’1” 200 pounds, so he has decent size, not exceptional though. I don’t know that much about him. I’ve heard good things from some people, and not so good things from others. Of the receivers listed here he’s probably the one I know the least about.

[youtube=275,200]VFpCVummTZE[/youtube]
    - Dexter Jackson: He played at Appalachian State, a I-AA school, so he didn’t face top level competition all year, but scored 2 TDs in the Michigan game. This guy has great speed, great hands, runs good routes, can really adjust well to the ball. He’s quite small, but he’s a baller. I’d love to pick him up in the mid to late rounds of the draft. Although his stock is rising after his combine performances.

[youtube=275,200]GeuCmr5dfns[/youtube]

- Defensive Ends Interest

- Quentin Groves: Ran a 4.5 40 yard dash at the combine. Super productive in college, has some great pass rush moves. Very quick in changing direction, only 6’3”, but is still very powerful, and can really come off the edge with authority. I really like what I’ve seen from this guy, he’s probably my favorite DE in this year’s draft.

[youtube=275,200]O0tGLd2LQ0w[/youtube]

- Derrick Harvey: 6’5” 250(I heard he weighed in at 270 though) and did 31 bench reps. He’s an impressive physical guy, but doesn’t have the same kind of burst Groves has. I don’t know if he’ll drop to us at 17 though.

- Phillip Merling 6’5” 280 pounds. Did not participate in the combine. I don’t know much about this guy, but from what I’ve seen I see an NFL bust. I’m not sure why, I just get a bad vibe.

- Lawrence Jackson: Ran a 4.76 he’s 6’4” 271. He was a top performer in bench, vertical, 3 cone drill, and 20 yard shuttle. He’s a very good overall athlete, but not an elite DE. He has some refining to do, but if we can pick him up in the second round that would be a great pick.

[youtube=275,200]VKR22maHQBI[/youtube]

- Safeties of Interest

- Kenny Phillips: Covers a lot of ground, very good athlete, playmaking ability. We’ll find out a lot more about his athletic ability at Miami’s pro-day. Did 19 bench reps at the combine. Best safety in the draft by far, but it is a relatively weak class.

[youtube=275,200]9kcFea5fnyg[/youtube]

- Reggie Smith: Judging by the video below, he likes to hit. And that’s what I want. Someone who can really lay some wood. He’s a good athlete from what I’ve seen of him. Didn’t participate at the combine, I believe because of an injury, but I think Oklahoma’s pro-day is very late. So we’ll find out more about this guy. If he drops to the second round, I’d like to see us move up and get another second round pick to get him.

[youtube=275,200]MOjZUuAIQmA[/youtube]

- Thomas DeCoud: I’m not prepared to analyze this guy. I see he had a good vertical at the combine, but I really know nothing except for the fact that DeSean Jackson absolutely burned him in the Cal-UCLA game last year.

- Fullbacks of Interest

- Owen Schmitt: This is one guy I am incredibly excited to see play. I want him in purple next season. I’ve been raving about him. I saw him play against Rutgers(in person) this year, and he’s very athletic, he hurdled a defender. And if you look at the video below, he has pretty good speed. And instead of writing anything new, I’m just going to use a post of mine from September.
    With Tony Richardsons career coming to an end, we need to look into the future and find someone who is going to block for our dynamic duo of running backs.

And who better than a guy who broke four facemasks last season and can power clean 525 pounds?(for those of you who don't know what that is, he's lifting 525 from the ground to his shoulder level explosively)
    Power Clean:

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/OlympicLifts/Clean.html

This guy I talk about it none other than Owen Schmitt of West Virginia University. The 6'3, 250 pound fullback who blocks for Steve Slaton and Pat White. And get this, when he has the ball he has never been stopped for a loss.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/bigeast/2006-11-01-wvu-schmitt_x.htm

This dude is a straight-up monster. I'd love to see him in purple next season.
    [youtube=275,200]SrON0qieSDk [/youtube]

- My dream mock:
    1) DeSean Jackson
    2) Lawrence Jackson
    2) Reggie Smith
    3) Owen Schmitt
    3) Dexter Jackson
    5) Traded
    6) Jacob Tamme- TE from Kentucky.
    6) Jacksonville's 6th rounder acquired for Williamson. With this pick we take another safety for depth.
    7) Some sort of huge offensive or defensive tackle, a project player.
    This mock draft requires us to trade one of our 3rd round picks(we have Denver’s) and our 5th round picks to get another second rounder. And to trade our 4th , and next years 3rd to get another 3rd rounder so we can get both Schmitt and Dexter Jackson.

Keys to Victory in 2008
    - Quarterback Play: We need Tarvaris Jackson to really step up. He needs to show comfort in the pocket, no when to run, when to throw it away, read defenses, and to audible at the line. And he has to do these things consistently. If he can do those things, the whole offense will improve around him.

- Wide Receiver Play: Wide receiver play will help Jackson develop and ultimately open up the running game. Once we can demand some respect on the outside from our WRs, Peterson will be back to doing what we love, running all over everyone.

And if our receivers still can’t open up the running game, this is how I would address it.

- Pass Rush: I’ve said this about a thousand times in this one post, but for our defense to move to the next level, and really become a top defense in the NFL we must get pressure from the outside on the QB, period. It will disrupt the timing from QB to WR. If you can get into the QBs head, you can really own the game on defense. The way we stop the run, combined with a strong, consistent pass rush will make us the best defense in the NFL.

tgorsegner is offline Coordinator

Nice job, just read the whole thing. The only thign I really disagree wit his Brooks Bollinger. Ironically, I noticed that you would like to have atleast 4 guys named Jackson on the team by coincidence.

VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Pretty good post dude....took me a while to read all of that, my head hurts now
    i agree with a lot of the stuff, what about Berrian or Porter on the FA receivers? i guess your fingers were a tad sore after all that typing, mine would!
    ;D thanks for the read.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Your choice of Jackson baffles me ???.
    His highlight showed few recptions for a reason. All of that joysticking may not ork in the pros.
    Sweed however is constantly out jumping people. Seeing that we face the cover 2 @ least 6 times a year, having WRs that can beat the jam is important.

Rice and Sweed outside will allow ade to work the seam. I like Sweed since I have seen him hurt my KSU wildcats 1 too many times...

On Defense.....
    Wheres Gholsten?

"kevoncox" wrote:
    His highlight showed few recptions for a reason. All of that joysticking may not ork in the pros.
    Sweed however is constantly out jumping people. Seeing that we face the cover 2 @ least 6 times a year, having WRs that can beat the jam is important.

Rice and Sweed outside will allow ade to work the seam. I like Sweed since I have seen him hurt my KSU wildcats 1 too many times...

On Defense.....
    Wheres Gholsten?
    DeSean Jackson is an excellent receiver, he played in the Pac-10, top level competition, and produced. He's a dynamic return man and a very good receiver. His speed alone incites movement from a DB on any little move on his routes.

We run a version of the WCO, we don't need a slow 6'5 receiver. We already have a 6'4 guy with a better vertical than Sweed, and runs about 2/10ths of a second faster in the 40.

I didn't include Gholston because there is zero possibility of him dropping to us.

"KrackerJack" wrote:
    Pretty good post dude....took me a while to read all of that, my head hurts now
    i agree with a lot of the stuff, what about Berrian or Porter on the FA receivers? i guess your fingers were a tad sore after all that typing, mine would!
    ;D thanks for the read.
    I didn't even realize that Porter was a free agent. I definitely would have included him. But Berrian I'm not too interested in, he's a deep threat, but kind of inconsistent IMO.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

I've read enough of your posts in the past that I pretty much guessed everything you were going to say before I read it

Very good analysis, but I don't agree with everything you wrote.
    I don't think BMac is as elite as you think.
    If it weren't for injuries to Pace and Jones this past season, he would not even have made the top 3 in the NFC.
    Also I don't think BB is as bad as you make him out to be.
    He did fumble in Detroit, and straight sucked in GB, but all his other spot duty was pretty solid.
    That being said, I would not mind seeing he or Holcomb replaced this offseason, but not both due to their experience in the Chiller's system.
    I agree that Birk is very close to being replaced and I hope we find somebody to fill his shoes soon.
    Anyway, good overall post and a definite A for effort.
    Wow!
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

On Defense.....
    Wheres Gholsten?
    I didn't include Gholston because there is zero possibility of him dropping to us.
    fixed...
    1) Gholsten
    2) Caldwell ( a FU wr lol. I know)
    3) Owen Schmitt
    5) Marcus Griffin
    6) Jacob Tamme- TE from Kentucky.
    7) Some sort of huge offensive or defensive tackle, a project player.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast