Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

Am I The Only Person Sick Of Hearing About This?

McFadden has drawn favorable comparisons to Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, who was the league's 2007 Offensive Rookie of the Year and the MVP of the Pro Bowl. Peterson, a former Oklahoma standout, was the seventh overall choice, yet was arguably the most dominant rookie at any position
    http://www.nfl.com/combine/story;jse...o&confirm=true

I cannot stand the fact that people compare our Adrian Peterson and Darren McFadden
    The only thing they have in common is their size.
    McFadden has been rumored to have had off the field issues in the past, one GM at the combine said some skeletons are going to come out of McFaddens closet after his interviews. Then you have Adrian who is the nicest guy you will ever meet, no one have ever said anything bad about his personality or off field issues.
    One of the many things AD is known for is breaking tackles after contact, we all know that, but one knock that i saw Mike Mayock had on D-Mac is that once he gets hit his legs stop moving, doesnt sound like a fair comparison at all does it?
    Plus McFadden never had the backfield to himself in college like AD did in Oklahoma.

So please, NFL reports and who ever else is making this comparison, stop, its not fair to Darren McFadden.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Am I The Only Person Sick Of Hearing About This?

Who cares... he's not gonna be anywhere near Peterson.

BTW... Who's Reggie Bush?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler

McFadden compares more to Reggie Bush. He is a very fast, but he lacks the lower body strength needed to consistently break tackles like Peterson can. He has a pretty big ego, and is more of a pass catching/outside back, rather than a between the tackles runner.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

McFadden's a beast! Let's sign him!

Whatever it takes, lets trade up to get him!

What's his Madden rating?

:P
    ;D

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    McFadden's a beast! Let's sign him!

Whatever it takes, lets trade up to get him!

What's his Madden rating?

:P
    ;D
    hes 99 everything except 56 break tackle

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I still can't believe we got Peterson. I never thought six other teams would have passed on him but luckily it happened.

As for McFadden he was very productive as runner but i don't think he's on the same level as Peterson mentally. Obviously he's been in handcuffs Peterson stays clean.

Somebody will jump on McFadden hoping he's the next Adrian Peterson. With the 4.33 speed he put up today he just sent Jerry Jones through the roof.

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    I still can't believe we got Peterson. I never thought six other teams would have passed on him but luckily it happened.

As for McFadden he was very productive as runner but i don't think he's on the same level as Peterson mentally. Obviously he's been in handcuffs Peterson stays clean.

Somebody will jump on McFadden hoping he's the next Adrian Peterson. With the 4.33 speed he put up today he just sent Jerry Jones through the roof.

i think if the boys trade to get him that would be one of the worst trades ever

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

McFadden is not even in the same discussion as AP.. the comparison to Bush is very valid.. probably about the same type of impact.. no fear Purple People, that kind of talk will only last for a little while next fall.. until the talking heads see it on the field.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

I think it would be hilarious because of what they would have to give up to get to a guy with so called character issues. The one two punch of Julius Jones and Marion Barber is just fine. Emmit Smith was a one time deal Jerry!

The Cowboys real issues start up front just like ours, they couldn't keep DLineman off there QB in the post season.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

That would be awesome to watch the Boys suck!
    LOL!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast