Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Allison

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Allison

When I said AA was gonna play a bigger role in the offense this year you guys pooooh pooohed me away.
    Now Mayock says it and its gospel (well almost).

Again, AA will have a damn good year this year and it won't be because he lined up alot in the slot as some of you contend.

He is a perfect compliment to what Rice and BB will be doing on the outside stretching the field and exposing the middle deep.

84 Aundrae Allison WR 22 6-0 198 2 East Carolina
    87 Bernard Berrian WR 27 6-1 185 5 Fresno State
    89 Robert Ferguson WR 28 6-1 209 8 Texas A&M
    11 Jaymar Johnson WR 24 6-0 176 R Jackson State
    15 Martin Nance WR 25 6-3 212 1 Miami (OH)
    18 Sidney Rice WR 21 6-4 202 2 South Carolina
    19 Bobby Wade WR 27 5-10 190 6 Arizona

I have almost convinced myself that JJ will beat out Ferg for the 5th spot on the WR roster and we will see the following lineup several times.....

BB

AA

B-Wade

LT
    LG
    C
    RG
    RT

Rice

QB

AD/CT

The staff will put B-wade and AA in motion alot out of this formation in an effort to help TJ/Birk get a good presnap read.

With Rice and BB going deep/stretching the field AA can then make his break to the middle in the space vacated by whichever S goes with the Deep WR (Probably BB) creating a one on one for the other WR deep (Probably Rice) as he forces the S to stay with him across the middle.
    Should be a nice miss match there or with B-wade as they either bring in another CB against this package or a LB tries to stay with him.

Regardless, it then leaves AD to worry about help against a LB/DE if necessary and then free to roam in the flats/seams.

Of course TJ would also roll to one side as AA or B-wade work thier way across the fiedl towards the rollout.

All very exciting to think of the combinations that can come out of this set. ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I have had him in my sig since last season so I am really banking that he works out and becomes successful.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marr... I don't think many people "poooh pooohed" on you, instead they were saying that based on his limited playing time, one can't really make a proper assessment and say that he WILL have a huge part of the offense.
    Remember 2 years ago when T-Will was supposed to be a big part of our offense?
    How'd that work out again?
    Same deal.
    Guy looks ok in limited time, so clearly he will get more looks next year, but will he continue to produce?
    Can he come in every week and be reliable?
    Noone knows.
    I think we all knew that Allison would become a bigger part of our offense, but just how big?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Marr... I don't think many people "poooh pooohed" on you, instead they were saying that based on his limited playing time, one can't really make a proper assessment and say that he WILL have a huge part of the offense.

Same deal.

Guy looks ok in limited time, so clearly he will get more looks next year, but will he continue to produce?
    Noone knows.
    I think we all knew that Allison would become a bigger part of our offense, but just how big?
    I guess it all comes down to how you make your assesment.
    I put a little bit of effort into my assesments.
    At least as much as I can do with the limited assets I have at my disposal.

;D

Time will tell if I am right I guess.

As to T-will.
    That cat is a prime reason why so many fans like to use the "Its a Crap Shoot" cliche when it comes to drafting in the NFL.

We should have never taken him.
    We had bigger needs, however, because Randy left, everyone thought we should use a first on a WR and it appears that our lame ass FO went with a pick that would garner fan approval.

Any football organization worth its salt, never goes for fan approval.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Same deal.
    Noone knows.
    I guess it all comes down to how you make your assesment.
    I put a little bit of effort into my assesments.
    At least as much as I can do with the limited assets I have at my disposal.

;D

Time will tell if I am right I guess.

As to T-will.
    That cat is a prime reason why so many fans like to use the "Its a Crap Shoot" cliche when it comes to drafting in the NFL.

We should have never taken him.
    We had bigger needs, however, because Randy left, everyone thought we should use a first on a WR and it appears that our lame ass FO went with a pick that would garner fan approval.

Any football organization worth its salt, never goes for fan approval.
    ;D

???

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I have had him in my sig since last season so I am really banking that he works out and becomes successful.
    His speed is only a tic off Troy Williamson, and he has hands.
    He was given virtually no opportunity as a receiver last year. But he didn't falter in the limited opportunity he had.
    He holds a Viking record with a 103 yd. return. He did it as a rookie.
    I don't recall a problem with drops or fumbles.
    Seems to me his problem was reps.
    There is no statistically evidence for my prediction. But I think he could be better than Berrian in 2 or three years if given the opportunity.
    A late round gem.
    The problem is getting an opportunity on a running team!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

ragz is offline GM

well he can only be as successful as the looks he gets.
    if he's only gonna be on the field in certain formations he can only be a part time contributor.
    how the depth chart works out is gonna be a big factor.
    otherwise allison may be just an important special teams player.
    i mean we haven't had one wr catch over 70 balls in forever, so i'm kinda curious as to how much we throw and to who?
    he appears to have the ability but if he's buried on the depth chart, and we are gonna be tipped balance wise towards the run game, he may not have many oppurtunites.
    we shall see.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"ragz" wrote:
    if he's only gonna be on the field in certain formations he can only be a part time contributor.
    i mean we haven't had one wr catch over 70 balls in forever, so i'm kinda curious as to how much we throw and to who?
    he appears to have the ability but if he's buried on the depth chart, and we are gonna be tipped balance wise towards the run game, he may not have many oppurtunites.
    we shall see.
    DR will beat out JJ and begin to take reps from AA as well. He will gem of this draft.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    we shall see.
    DR will beat out JJ and begin to take reps from AA as well. He will gem of this draft.
    I think that battle is ongoing what I'm really looking to foward is to seeing those preseason games. JJ has looked very solid as has DR in camps. If either of them make the team I don't expect to see them taking any reps away from AA unless its in practice. AA's been a stud but I think its most important for him to work on the disciplines within the offense. Bobby will play 3rd man but not because of pure physical talent. Bobby has a QB's mind and something AA can develop into. Personally I still believe Jaymar would give AA the most challenge for a postion, not necasarilly this year but next once he has his second go around.

Blog Entries

The only thing I see holding AA back is his route running. He looks to be more of a free spirit and that may not go well with the rigid stuff childress makes guys adhere to so the jury is still out. But there is no doubt he has the talent to be very successful

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast