Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Albert Haynesworth

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I would much rather have Albert than Peppers.
    Couple of reasons for that rationale.....

a.
    Peppers has proven that he can still be productive, but from the RDE spot vice his old position at LDE.
    We don't need anymore RDE's.
    We seem to have a glut of them.

b.
    Albert it still pretty young.
    He could/would seriously give our DL the ability to provide pressure up the middle as he could/would be able to give both Kevin and Phat Pat reps off regardless of down and distance.

Problem I see with our staff is that I believe they have already invested as much as they are on this line for a couple of years.
    Any/all upgrades will be via the draft (future stars) or lugs like Jimmy Kennedy (lots of potential that was never achieved) as depth/backup at a low cost.
    Marr,
    I thought the job of the LDE was to contain the run not to rack up huge amounts of sacks?
    ;D Double standard much?
    How does "Productive" equate to "Sacks".

Take a look at my new quote in my sig.......Kindof says it all doesn't it......

I know you believe you understand what you think I said but I am not sure that what you heard is what I meant!
    I believe that he was productive at the LDE position. His sacks were down for 1 injury plagued year. But all his other stats were about average for him.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5888/career;_ylt=AmoIj3NrOE1oXG9z4ozayRX.uLYF
    He missed 2 games and his tackles showed that but his INT, FF and PD are all average for him in 2 less games. Honestly. everyone says his production was down because of his sacks. Other than not getting the sacks he normally racked up, he had a darn good superman season.
    I very seldom ref sacks as a indicator of anything.
    I like to look a the whole picture (hurries, knockdowns, pressures, tackles (solo) etc) instead of just the stat that the talking heads have the masses programmed into looking at as a true indicator or how well a player is playing at that position (or any position for that matter).......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

a.
    Peppers has proven that he can still be productive, but from the RDE spot vice his old position at LDE.

b.
    He could/would seriously give our DL the ability to provide pressure up the middle as he could/would be able to give both Kevin and Phat Pat reps off regardless of down and distance.

Problem I see with our staff is that I believe they have already invested as much as they are on this line for a couple of years.
    Any/all upgrades will be via the draft (future stars) or lugs like Jimmy Kennedy (lots of potential that was never achieved) as depth/backup at a low cost.
    Marr,
    I thought the job of the LDE was to contain the run not to rack up huge amounts of sacks?
    ;D Double standard much?

I know you believe you understand what you think I said but I am not sure that what you heard is what I meant!
    I believe that he was productive at the LDE position. His sacks were down for 1 injury plagued year. But all his other stats were about average for him.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5888/career;_ylt=AmoIj3NrOE1oXG9z4ozayRX.uLYF
    He missed 2 games and his tackles showed that but his INT, FF and PD are all average for him in 2 less games. Honestly. everyone says his production was down because of his sacks. Other than not getting the sacks he normally racked up, he had a darn good superman season.
    I like to look a the whole picture (hurries, knockdowns, pressures, tackles (solo) etc) instead of just the stat that the talking heads have the masses programmed into looking at as a true indicator or how well a player is playing at that position (or any position for that matter).......
    So given the act that there was no fall off in play, Why do you feel he can't be productive at the LDE position. Please remember that he was paired with a great DT tandem early in his career in Jenkins and Bruckner, and played along side a great DE on the opposite side. I believe if he is paired with our DL, He could break the sack record.

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=50266.msg899641#msg899641 date=1232458545]

a.

b.

Marr,
    ;D Double standard much?

So given the act that there was no fall off in play, Why do you feel he can't be productive at the LDE position. Please remember that he was paired with a great DT tandem early in his career in Jenkins and Bruckner, and played along side a great DE on the opposite side. I believe if he is paired with our DL, He could break the sack record.

[/quote]
    But there was falloff, in games played, pressures, tackles etc to the point they moved him to the Right side which gets to my biggest detractor, and not total sacks, he is on the Right side.
    We have enough of those right now.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=50266.msg899721#msg899721 date=1232467919]

a.

b.

Marr,
    ;D Double standard much?

[/quote]
    But there was falloff, in games played, pressures, tackles etc to the point they moved him to the Right side which gets to my biggest detractor, and not total sacks, he is on the Right side.
    [/quote]

Move him back to the left Marr. Problem solved! He passes your size and strengths requirements to play LDE. 1 bad season should not erase 4 or 5 season of dominance. Did we fail to mention that their offense was horrendous that season and their defense wore down in most games. Honestly Marr, this guy is an uber athlete who can do what he wants on the field. Left or right doesn't matter. When paired with our guys, he won't face double teams. I thought you had enough crow from doubting this guy?

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=50266.msg899724#msg899724 date=1232468068]
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=50266.msg899721#msg899721 date=1232467919]

a.

b.

Marr,
    ;D Double standard much?

[/quote]
    [/quote]

Move him back to the left Marr. Problem solved! He passes your size and strengths requirements to play LDE. 1 bad season should not erase 4 or 5 season of dominance. Did we fail to mention that their offense was horrendous that season and their defense wore down in most games. Honestly Marr, this guy is an uber athlete who can do what he wants on the field. Left or right doesn't matter. When paired with our guys, he won't face double teams. I thought you had enough crow from doubting this guy?
    [/quote]
    Remember, I caveated by crow eating with the fact that he moved to RDE..... :P

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Honestly with Peppers I strongly believe he had a down year.. It happens.. Expecially when u miss games and are hampered the whole season

Peppers is a freak and can play both equally IMO

But I think in the long haul we can't pull it off if we want to re sign people like Peterson down the road

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

If they believe that the line is pretty much taken care of, why not go after Asomugha if Oakland ends up letting him go...
    Think of him and Winfield opposite one another, with Griffin at either Nickel or try the move to safety as some others on here have mentioned.
    I think this would solidify this defense for many years and then start looking to replace Pat next year (given the two good years that someone said he has left).

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"gamecocksbaseball31" wrote:
    If they believe that the line is pretty much taken care of, why not go after Asomugha if Oakland ends up letting him go...
    Think of him and Winfield opposite one another, with Griffin at either Nickel or try the move to safety as some others on here have mentioned.
    I think this would solidify this defense for many years and then start looking to replace Pat next year (given the two good years that someone said he has left).
    I really like the guy from Oakland to, the only question I have about him is wether he's the physical presence we need on the outside in terms of tackling and being involved in the dominant run game. On the other hand Griffin was playing as well as Winfield by the end of the year, the INT he had in the playoffs was great, ever since he came back from the bye week he played on a very high level. I don't think there is any reason to replace him or move him farther back on the depth, especailly at this point in his carear.

I think Griffin is fine at CB, we have good safety's so he's not needed there unless we have mass injuries. I do think it would be wise to start the man hunt for Winfield's replacement and I don't think McCauley is the guy to take over.

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    I really like the guy from Oakland to, the only question I have about him is wether he's the physical presence we need on the outside in terms of tackling and being involved in the dominant run game. On the other hand Griffin was playing as well as Winfield by the end of the year, the INT he had in the playoffs was great, ever since he came back from the bye week he played on a very high level. I don't think there is any reason to replace him or move him farther back on the depth, especailly at this point in his carear.

I think Griffin is fine at CB, we have good safety's so he's not needed there unless we have mass injuries. I do think it would be wise to start the man hunt for Winfield's replacement and I don't think McCauley is the guy to take over.
    I wouldn't put him at CB thats for sure.
    I would use him at S.
    He is big enough and heck, most of us know that old CB's just move to S anyway after they start to lose a step or two..... ;D

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

"VikingsTw" wrote:

I wouldn't say after the bye week he started playing on a higher level.
    I definitely think it took him longer into the season.
    He did step up his play a notch or two, but with that upgrade and him at safety, we upgrade at two spots by adding one player.
    Getting EJ back, it solidifies our defense and can focus on adding players at RT, WR, C, etc.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast