Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thompson is offline Waterboy

Albert Haynesworth

Does any one think we should go after Albert Haynesworth during free agency?

IMO we should, Pat is getting old.
    Only 2 good years left... if that.
    Albert Haynesworth is a BEAST!
    He is young and has his best days ahead on him (Much like the rest of our D-line).
    He would be a big upgrade over pat in getting after the QB and a small downgrade against the run.

We could trade Pat(get something for him while we can)

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Albert Haynesworth

First thing I want to say is that I would never trade Pat Williams, what you would get for him could never match what you'll gain with him.

I think Albert Haynesworth would make our defense Elite but so would Julius Peppers. If they signed either one of those guys I wouldn't fuss at all. I'm all about dominant defensive line play. As a locker room guy I can't confirm if he would make the quota, I know he had the head stopping ordeal but hasn't had issues other that, that I know of. None the less to lineup Kevin Williams and Albert Hayneworth for the next few years is a downright monsterous tandem, but I'm not convinced we would be willing to make that type of move.

Albert is at the perfect age, at 28 for a DLineman its rare that a guy like him hits the market with his type of skill and age. There will tremendous competition among teams, especailly those with great cap space, Albert would have to share time with Pat or Kevin for atleast awhile. I don't think this would happen, Julius Peppers could be more likely but even then I doubt it.

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

Wasn't there a Hayneswoth thread already. And if I remember correctly there were plenty of criticisms about him and why he wouldn't succeed. Shows why us messageboard people will never be in the nfl eh?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I would much rather have Albert than Peppers.
    Couple of reasons for that rationale.....

a.
    Peppers has proven that he can still be productive, but from the RDE spot vice his old position at LDE.
    We don't need anymore RDE's.
    We seem to have a glut of them.

b.
    Albert it still pretty young.
    He could/would seriously give our DL the ability to provide pressure up the middle as he could/would be able to give both Kevin and Phat Pat reps off regardless of down and distance.

Problem I see with our staff is that I believe they have already invested as much as they are on this line for a couple of years.
    Any/all upgrades will be via the draft (future stars) or lugs like Jimmy Kennedy (lots of potential that was never achieved) as depth/backup at a low cost.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:

a.
    Peppers has proven that he can still be productive, but from the RDE spot vice his old position at LDE.

b.
    He could/would seriously give our DL the ability to provide pressure up the middle as he could/would be able to give both Kevin and Phat Pat reps off regardless of down and distance.

Problem I see with our staff is that I believe they have already invested as much as they are on this line for a couple of years.
    Any/all upgrades will be via the draft (future stars) or lugs like Jimmy Kennedy (lots of potential that was never achieved) as depth/backup at a low cost.
    i agree with the albert over peppers thing mainly due to the fact that albert is still young and pat is old and breakin down.
    plus we got a good amount of DE's

but peppers would be nice too

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

The guy is going to command Allen money, we don't likely have that for a position that is not of need for us... we're more likely to spend it on an end (which I'm not convinced is even a possibility); rather I'd see us focus on QB/WR/RT and any other holes we find ourselves with in FA.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

[youtube=425,350]CwxMRPTsYeo[/youtube]

No.
    He's a spineless pussy.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

a.

b.

Marr,
    I thought the job of the LDE was to contain the run not to rack up huge amounts of sacks?
    ;D Double standard much?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

a.

b.

Marr,
    I thought the job of the LDE was to contain the run not to rack up huge amounts of sacks?
    ;D Double standard much?
    How does "Productive" equate to "Sacks".

Take a look at my new quote in my sig.......Kindof says it all doesn't it......

I know you believe you understand what you think I said but I am not sure that what you heard is what I meant!
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

a.

b.

Marr,
    ;D Double standard much?
    How does "Productive" equate to "Sacks".

Take a look at my new quote in my sig.......Kindof says it all doesn't it......

I know you believe you understand what you think I said but I am not sure that what you heard is what I meant!
    I believe that he was productive at the LDE position. His sacks were down for 1 injury plagued year. But all his other stats were about average for him.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5888/career;_ylt=AmoIj3NrOE1oXG9z4ozayRX.uLYF
    He missed 2 games and his tackles showed that but his INT, FF and PD are all average for him in 2 less games. Honestly. everyone says his production was down because of his sacks. Other than not getting the sacks he normally racked up, he had a darn good superman season.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast