Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Redrouster is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Some light into the Tarvaris situation.

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Good, makes me feel like they knew what they were doing.
    Yes, myself also. I wonder what the plan is for him this year and how many reps he will get?

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Some light into the Tarvaris situation.

"Redrouster" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Good, makes me feel like they knew what they were doing.
    Yes, myself also. I wonder what the plan is for him this year and how many reps he will get?
    We better get enough of him in the preseason cuz he wont play a snap this season unless we have a lot of injuries. I wouldnt mind seeing him be the primary backup cuz mcmahon is terrible.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Agent: Tarvaris Jackson popular pick

I'd love to know which 2 teams.. And I'm wary of believing anything an agent says at the best of times.

Euphman06 is offline Asst. Coach

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Posted on Thu, May. 04, 2006

[size=18px]Agent: Rookie quarterback popular pick[/size]

Staff and news service reports
    St. Paul Pioneer Press

The agent for newly drafted Vikings quarterback Tarvaris Jackson said two NFL personnel executives told him that they planned to take Jackson early in the third round.

"After the draft, there were two clubs that expressed disappointment and were mad they didn't get him," Joel Segal said. "They were planning to take (Jackson) very high in the third round, and were lamenting the fact that the Vikings beat them."

Segal's other clients include Reggie Bush, Michael Vick, Darren Sharper and DeAngelo Hall.

The Vikings traded their two third-round picks to the Pittsburgh Steelers to get the final pick of the second round. On Saturday, Vikings then-vice president Fran Foley said the team made the move because it didn't want to risk not getting Jackson.

Vikings minicamp starts May 13.

— Sean Jensen

Briefly: The San Francisco 49ers signed unrestricted free agent safety Chad Williams. Williams played for four years with the Baltimore Ravens after being a sixth-round draft pick from Southern Mississippi in 2002. San Francisco coach Mike Nolan coached Williams during his stint as Ravens defensive coordinator

Agent: Rookie quarterback popular pick

Wow thats a pretty impressive list right there.Glad we got Jackson, the real S.O.D.!!
    Yeah...well if Segal is SUCH a great agent WHY did he end up costing Reggie Bush the top spot in the draft???

The dude is just a self-aggrandizing, pompous, lying self-promoter...who just wants to make his client look better than he really is!

The ONLY proof that I will require is his performance on the field...NOTHING his weenie agent says will make me think differently about this pick UNTIL then!!!

Umm.. his agent had nothing to do with reggie not getting the first pick in the draft.. I'm pretty it's the teams that draft the players, not the agents. The texans just made a terrible move cuz of financial reasons and whatever other excuses they can make up.

jaymz7 is offline Asst. Coach

I too feel better about the move to pick Jackson if of course you can believe his agent.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"Euphman06" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

St. Paul Pioneer Press

The agent for newly drafted Vikings quarterback Tarvaris Jackson said two NFL personnel executives told him that they planned to take Jackson early in the third round.

"After the draft, there were two clubs that expressed disappointment and were mad they didn't get him," Joel Segal said. "They were planning to take (Jackson) very high in the third round, and were lamenting the fact that the Vikings beat them."

Segal's other clients include Reggie Bush, Michael Vick, Darren Sharper and DeAngelo Hall.

The Vikings traded their two third-round picks to the Pittsburgh Steelers to get the final pick of the second round. On Saturday, Vikings then-vice president Fran Foley said the team made the move because it didn't want to risk not getting Jackson.

— Sean Jensen

Briefly: The San Francisco 49ers signed unrestricted free agent safety Chad Williams. Williams played for four years with the Baltimore Ravens after being a sixth-round draft pick from Southern Mississippi in 2002. San Francisco coach Mike Nolan coached Williams during his stint as Ravens defensive coordinator

Wow thats a pretty impressive list right there.Glad we got Jackson, the real S.O.D.!!
    Yeah...well if Segal is SUCH a great agent WHY did he end up costing Reggie Bush the top spot in the draft???

The dude is just a self-aggrandizing, pompous, lying self-promoter...who just wants to make his client look better than he really is!

The ONLY proof that I will require is his performance on the field...NOTHING his weenie agent says will make me think differently about this pick UNTIL then!!!

Umm.. his agent had nothing to do with reggie not getting the first pick in the draft.. I'm pretty it's the teams that draft the players, not the agents. The texans just made a terrible move cuz of financial reasons and whatever other excuses they can make up.

Ummmmm, As Usuall you are wrong. :lol:

Segal priced Bush too high and the Texans passed. Wanted something like 13% higher guaranteed money than Alex Smith got last year ... and that affects how all the contracts for the draft picks after him are determined. The rest of the owners would not have been happy if that happened and there was no doubt in their minds he would have held out of camp to get that money, which they publicly said they didnt want ... so they passed.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

The agent doesn't have anything to do with Bush not being the 1st pick. It's obviously an area that the Texans thought they needed a defender rather than a RB. They do still have Davis.

As far as Tarvaris goes, I don't think it's just the agent playing it up. He has nothing to gain at this point since he was selected where he was. He will get the salary of a second rounder.

IO was personally one of the people that questioned the move but at the same time figured the Vikings had a reason for doing it. Again, they know more than I do so all I will do is put my thoughts here but deal with what they did. We won't know if it was a good move for a while. Hopefully it was. I know if Phil Simms is willing top say positive things about someone it is a positive. The guy doesn't like to put his balls on the line so he usually keeps quiet about this sort of thing.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Anyone can say what they want to believe...I will reserve judgment until I see him on the field...BUT if he can't handle the offense, then he isn't worth anything to us.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "Euphman06" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

St. Paul Pioneer Press

— Sean Jensen

Ummmmm, As Usuall you are wrong. :lol:

Segal priced Bush too high and the Texans passed. Wanted something like 13% higher guaranteed money than Alex Smith got last year ... and that affects how all the contracts for the draft picks after him are determined. The rest of the owners would not have been happy if that happened and there was no doubt in their minds he would have held out of camp to get that money, which they publicly said they didnt want ... so they passed.
    According to the Texans' GM, in an interview with Mike and Mike, he said that they had contracts on the table on Wednsday that were roughly similar with both Bush and Williams. They figured that they needed 48 hours to finish either contract, so that's when they decided on Williams. He said that they felt that Williams would be the player with more career pro bowls and who could better help the Texans become a winning franchise. He also said that the statement he made earlier in the week about signability was just a negotiating ploy, and that they didn't feel like that would be a real issue with either player.

brandsp is offline Rookie

I hope Mr. Jackson turns out like another small school (Alcorn State) QB named Steve McNair.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast