Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Adrian Peterson waiting on contract

"I'm watching the way different organizations act and watching the way my organization acts," Peterson said. "I'm not worried about a contract. I've played hard and I think I've done pretty good. I thought maybe -- after a few years of doing good -- there'd be deal by now. But whatever. That's OK. I'm not desperately concerned about a contract."
    Adrian Peterson waiting on contract

So let me get this straight, AD is hinting that the Vikings aren't following the normal processes that normal teams do and might hold it against the Vikings when it comes to a contract because he isn't being treated right.

Passssshhhhhhhhaaaaawwwwww. Banish the thought. Ole AD must be living in a vacumn.......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHA
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Adrian Peterson waiting on contract

You have to put it in perspective:
    The Vikings are one of many teams who have held up potentially huge contract extensions with superstar players in light of CBA uncertainty.
    No story here. They will have to resign him before the season starts, shouldn't be that hard to do considering he's under contract and won't want to play out to free agency.

dfosterf is offline Coach

A suggested theme song for AD, based on his commentary to date
    regarding his NFL employment and that meager 10.2 mil he'll be pullin' down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a3f8dq5YuM

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

wow, Guy who tells us not to read into his posts is doing quite a bit of that himself.

All he's saying, is players HAVE been extended DURING their contract (including players on our team, but that hurts your "discussion" point) over the past few years.

However, NOTHING indicates he expects to have something done now.

The Vikings are one of many teams who have held up potentially huge contract extensions with superstar players in light of CBA uncertainty. The Indianapolis Colts were forced to place the franchise tag on quarterback Peyton Manning, and the New Orleans Saints are entering the final year of quarterback Drew Brees' deal.
    hmm... interesting, kinda goes along with what I've been saying all along.

PLayers are getting resigned, but the big-name players aren't just being left to hang and dry. They'll get theirs when the CBA is settled.

However, quick question, Lets assume there is no football next season at all. Does AP's contract extend yet another season, as he didn't fulfil his contractual year, or is it just time-based?

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

I wouldn't be overly concerned if I was about to pull in 10.7 million either!!

Really, once we have a new CBA, AND have taken care of Free Agency, the draft etc. In other words, when things slow down a bit, I'm pretty sure we will see large contract extensions worked out with Both AP, and Greenway. That is how the Vikings have worked under Wilf. See Kevin Williams, EJ Henderson, Cedric Griffin, Antoine Winfield etc...

Unless he's decided to pull a Cutler and whine his way out of town, but I just don't see AP as that type of guy.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1092159
    You have to put it in perspective:
    The Vikings are one of many teams who have held up potentially huge contract extensions with superstar players in light of CBA uncertainty.
    No story here. They will have to resign him before the season starts, shouldn't be that hard to do considering he's under contract and won't want to play out to free agency.
    Great point with respect to putting it into perspective.

My guess, AD's agent has done just that and has looked around and saw that even though they are few, some teams have elected to take care of their stars.

The Vikings, for two years in a row haven't.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1092166
    wow, Guy who tells us not to read into his posts is doing quite a bit of that himself.

All he's saying, is players HAVE been extended DURING their contract (including players on our team, but that hurts your "discussion" point) over the past few years.

However, NOTHING indicates he expects to have something done now.

The Vikings are one of many teams who have held up potentially huge contract extensions with superstar players in light of CBA uncertainty. The Indianapolis Colts were forced to place the franchise tag on quarterback Peyton Manning, and the New Orleans Saints are entering the final year of quarterback Drew Brees' deal.
    hmm... interesting, kinda goes along with what I've been saying all along.

PLayers are getting resigned, but the big-name players aren't just being left to hang and dry. They'll get theirs when the CBA is settled.

However, quick question, Lets assume there is no football next season at all. Does AP's contract extend yet another season, as he didn't fulfil his contractual year, or is it just time-based?
    Put yourself in AD's shoes. His agent tells him the following:

a. AD, typically a team will extend one of their stars prior to their last year.
    b. AD, Some teams have already extended their stars.
    c. AD, the Vikings didn't take care of stars last year when some other teams did.
    d. AD, they drafted Gerhart for a reason.

What is AD to think after his agent tells him all of that? Tell you what, we don't have to guess........

"I'm watching the way different organizations act and watching the way my organization acts," Peterson said. "I'm not worried about a contract. I've played hard and I think I've done pretty good. I thought maybe -- after a few years of doing good -- there'd be deal by now. But whatever. That's OK. I'm not desperately concerned about a contract."
    In other words, Vikes, do what you want, I will get my contract regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by "mountainviking" #1092171
    I wouldn't be overly concerned if I was about to pull in 10.7 million either!!

Really, once we have a new CBA, AND have taken care of Free Agency, the draft etc. In other words, when things slow down a bit, I'm pretty sure we will see large contract extensions worked out with Both AP, and Greenway. That is how the Vikings have worked under Wilf. See Kevin Williams, EJ Henderson, Cedric Griffin, Antoine Winfield etc...

Unless he's decided to pull a Cutler and whine his way out of town, but I just don't see AP as that type of guy.
    Great point my friend. Problem is, they didn't take care of anyone last year. Truth is, the guys they should have signed last year are getting tendered again this year.

Again, they guys have agents for a reason. They rely on them to advise them about things like this.

My guess, AD is talking to his agent and his agent is telling him exactly what I said in my previous post.

On a side note, I don't see AD whinning his way out. If a deal isn't done this year, he will play his ass off like Chad did last year and will move on to another team, if he isn't tagged.

If that happens, look out.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Since when do slaves get contracts? I am surprised he isn't out cutting wilf a new switch to use on him.