Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    davike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Adrian Peterson the next great Viking RB?

Umm, what's wrong with Chester splitting carries with Mewelde? I don't believe Mewelde missed a game last year, when he was given the chance with the ball he did really well.
    Yep your right, Memo didn't miss a game last year and he did well when he got the ball.....because Childress knew how to use him. I don't think Memo is a very durable back that can take much of a load. Like I said, Memos style complements Taylors well. I don't think Memo could take half the carries and be as productive.

We already have a crowded backfield with a 1200 yard back, and a back who more than capable to handle half the load. Chester WOULD have rushed more is we had more capable receivers. To what affect will AP have when they put 8 or 9 in the box on us all season...we have no WR's that will even make a DB think twice.
    I don't think Memo could handle half the load and still be as productive as he was last year.
    I agree completely about the coments I bolded and have made simular coments in other posts and if you thought I was saying something different I must have either typed it out wrong or you didn't understand me.

WR's not only help the passing game they will free up Chester as well, don't get me wrong I'd love to have AP but, not at #7, when we have much bigger glaring needs, much bigger than a BPA scenario.
    Your exactly right, I don't think we will have a successfull offense till we get a solid playmaking WR in there. We certainly don't have a solid consistent starter material WR on the roster, so unless Childress is expecting one of them to have a break out year, we desperatly need to get some people in there. I think getting a good WR will put us closer to the SB then drafting AP.

I wouldn't be crying if we grabbed AP but I would be a little bit dissapointed to go into the season without a "sure" WR to help out.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

The Vikings can get a solid WR and AP.
    The servicable WRs run deep, the WRs that are worth a #7 overall do not.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

IF we must take a BPA, I mean I still think there is atleast 1 team around pick 14-19 would want the #7, but IF we must then I'd say Landry, even though our Safety area is crowded as well, there is a bigger question mark there. Doss is coming off a Knee injury and so is Tank, Blue has cover issues and Sharper isn't getting any younger.

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

"davike" wrote:
    Umm, what's wrong with Chester splitting carries with Mewelde? I don't believe Mewelde missed a game last year, when he was given the chance with the ball he did really well.
    Yep your right, Memo didn't miss a game last year and he did well when he got the ball.....because Childress knew how to use him. I don't think Memo is a very durable back that can take much of a load. Like I said, Memos style complements Taylors well. I don't think Memo could take half the carries and be as productive.

I don't know, even though he was in a very limited role last year, I will disagree with you there, he seems to be healthy now, before it was either his ankles or wrist that was bothering him. I think he would hold up in a increased role, if not give Fason or Pinner a chance, I mean we have pretty capable backs.

"BritishVike" wrote:
    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Nope, don't need him, plus he has injury concerns. He could never stay healthy, if we hope to develop Tarvaris, then he will need help. I would rather us trade down and grab Meachem. I don't see why Chester isn't splitting carries with Mewelde, personally I think our needs outweigh the BPA scenario.
    First of all, I agree about trading down and getting Meachem, I think getting a good solid playmaking starter at WR will bring us closer to the SB then another RB will, we need a decent pass game for our offense to work. But I don't know how you can say stuff about not drafting AP because of injuries then want Memo to split carries. I like the way Childress used Memo, he really added something to our passing game as well. He was a nice complement to Taylors "pound the ball" style, I wouldn't mind seeing him get some more carries but I don't think he should split carries.

We already have a crowded backfield with a 1200 yard back, and a back who more than capable to handle half the load. Chester WOULD have rushed more is we had more capable receivers. To what affect will AP have when they put 8 or 9 in the box on us all season...we have no WR's that will even make a DB think twice.

WR's not only help the passing game they will free up Chester as well, don't get me wrong I'd love to have AP but, not at #7, when we have much bigger glaring needs, much bigger than a BPA scenario.
    But if we cant trade down would u take a WR at #7? I would love meachem, but not at 7. Therefore BPA is the only option if we cant trade down and Adams and CJ have gone. I might be tempted with Landry but that doesnt solve the issue of what ur arguing. Dont get me wrong, i agree that even with AP our offense will blow without any decent WR's, but still i wouldnt want to pay somebody way over what theyre worth.
    Yep, I think if we actually tried hard, we could trade down.

Meachem is moving up in most draft boards, I am expecting him to go higher then most suspect. I'm not sure he will be available in the middle of the first round.

"UndisputedVike" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:

I don't know, even though he was in a very limited role last year, I will disagree with you there, he seems to be healthy now, before it was either his ankles or wrist that was bothering him. I think he would hold up in a increased role, if not give Fason or Pinner a chance, I mean we have pretty capable backs.

I guess its one of those things that you can debate all you like but can never be absolutely positive. I am just going on the fact that the years he was given increased loads he got injured. I agree we he have very capable backs, I would like to see carries spread around a little bit. But there is always that part of me that wants us to have that one guy that absolutely kicks butt and can get most of the carries and yards(Taylor).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123