Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    158

    Re: Adrian Peterson the next great Viking RB?

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    [quote]
    "Questfor31" wrote:
    If Arian Peterson is available at 7 for the Vikings, would you take him?
    All indications are that he may be there and Brady Quinn may be gone.

    I realize Chester Taylor is carrying the load in Minnesota, but how happy are you with Taylor carrying the load?
    Would you take Peterson if he's there?
    All Chester has proven is that he can carry the rock multiple times. His yards per RUN Is suspect.
    I WANT AP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  2. #12
    davike's Avatar
    davike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,750

    Re: Adrian Peterson the next great Viking RB?

    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Nope, don't need him, plus he has injury concerns. He could never stay healthy, if we hope to develop Tarvaris, then he will need help. I would rather us trade down and grab Meachem. I don't see why Chester isn't splitting carries with Mewelde, personally I think our needs outweigh the BPA scenario.
    First of all, I agree about trading down and getting Meachem, I think getting a good solid playmaking starter at WR will bring us closer to the SB then another RB will, we need a decent pass game for our offense to work. But I don't know how you can say stuff about not drafting AP because of injuries then want Memo to split carries. I like the way Childress used Memo, he really added something to our passing game as well. He was a nice complement to Taylors "pound the ball" style, I wouldn't mind seeing him get some more carries but I don't think he should split carries.

    Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

  3. #13
    UndisputedVike's Avatar
    UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    748

    Re: Adrian Peterson the next great Viking RB?

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Nope, don't need him, plus he has injury concerns. He could never stay healthy, if we hope to develop Tarvaris, then he will need help. I would rather us trade down and grab Meachem. I don't see why Chester isn't splitting carries with Mewelde, personally I think our needs outweigh the BPA scenario.
    You ASSUME that someone WILL trade down with us...and the injury thing is NOTHING like McGahee's concerns were...didn't seem to hamper him all that much, either.
    Well not really assuming anything, I'd just rather see us to at least attempt to
    trade down, I mean someone has to be interested in the #7 pick.

    ...Who said anything about McGahee, he had a blown out knee, he wasn't hampered by injury, particularly because he wasn't the lone back. They had Portis and Gore on that Miami team.

  4. #14
    davike's Avatar
    davike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,750

    Re: Adrian Peterson the next great Viking RB?

    "VIKINGinGEORGIA" wrote:
    [quote]
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Questfor31" wrote:
    If Arian Peterson is available at 7 for the Vikings, would you take him?
    All indications are that he may be there and Brady Quinn may be gone.

    I realize Chester Taylor is carrying the load in Minnesota, but how happy are you with Taylor carrying the load?
    Would you take Peterson if he's there?
    All Chester has proven is that he can carry the rock multiple times. His yards per RUN Is suspect.
    I WANT AP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Your right......Taylor isn't that great, what did he really do anyways besides finishing 8th in the league in rushing without a decent pass game and with a suspect line. Please tell me your joking!!! Averaging 4.0 yards a carry isn't bad considering what he had around him. All the our opponents had to do is defend the short game, I was suprised how well Taylor did.

    Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

  5. #15
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Adrian Peterson the next great Viking RB?

    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Nope, don't need him, plus he has injury concerns. He could never stay healthy, if we hope to develop Tarvaris, then he will need help. I would rather us trade down and grab Meachem. I don't see why Chester isn't splitting carries with Mewelde, personally I think our needs outweigh the BPA scenario.
    You ASSUME that someone WILL trade down with us...and the injury thing is NOTHING like McGahee's concerns were...didn't seem to hamper him all that much, either.
    Well not really assuming anything, I'd just rather see us to at least attempt to
    trade down, I mean someone has to be interested in the #7 pick.
    Well - here's the thing.
    Neither you, me nor anyone else outside of Winter Park knows whether or not the Vikings have tried to trade down or if they have plans to trade their pick.
    It would be really dumb of the Vikings to reveal their draft strategy two weeks before the actual day of the draft.

    And even if they don't trade down (which seems likely, as no one lower than them wants to trade up - lots of stories about this being a thin draft for first-rounders), we (the fans) will still never know what talks were floated with various teams because, again, it's not in the franchise's best interests to let all of that stuff be known.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  6. #16
    davike's Avatar
    davike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,750

    Re: Adrian Peterson the next great Viking RB?

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Nope, don't need him, plus he has injury concerns. He could never stay healthy, if we hope to develop Tarvaris, then he will need help. I would rather us trade down and grab Meachem. I don't see why Chester isn't splitting carries with Mewelde, personally I think our needs outweigh the BPA scenario.
    You ASSUME that someone WILL trade down with us...and the injury thing is NOTHING like McGahee's concerns were...didn't seem to hamper him all that much, either.
    Well not really assuming anything, I'd just rather see us to at least attempt to
    trade down, I mean someone has to be interested in the #7 pick.
    Well - here's the thing.
    Neither you, me nor anyone else outside of Winter Park knows whether or not the Vikings have tried to trade down or if they have plans to trade their pick.
    It would be really dumb of the Vikings to reveal their draft strategy two weeks before the actual day of the draft.

    And even if they don't trade down (which seems likely, as no one lower than them wants to trade up - lots of stories about this being a thin draft for first-rounders), we (the fans) will still never know what talks were floated with various teams because, again, it's not in the franchise's best interests to let all of that stuff be known.

    =Z=
    So you are saying that teams shouldn't reveal their draft stategy to the fans?

    Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

  7. #17
    UndisputedVike's Avatar
    UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    748

    Re: Adrian Peterson the next great Viking RB?

    "davike" wrote:
    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Nope, don't need him, plus he has injury concerns. He could never stay healthy, if we hope to develop Tarvaris, then he will need help. I would rather us trade down and grab Meachem. I don't see why Chester isn't splitting carries with Mewelde, personally I think our needs outweigh the BPA scenario.
    First of all, I agree about trading down and getting Meachem, I think getting a good solid playmaking starter at WR will bring us closer to the SB then another RB will, we need a decent pass game for our offense to work. But I don't know how you can say stuff about not drafting AP because of injuries then want Memo to split carries. I like the way Childress used Memo, he really added something to our passing game as well. He was a nice complement to Taylors "pound the ball" style, I wouldn't mind seeing him get some more carries but I don't think he should split carries.
    Umm, what's wrong with Chester splitting carries with Mewelde? I don't believe Mewelde missed a game last year, when he was given the chance with the ball he did really well.

    We already have a crowded backfield with a 1200 yard back, and a back who is more than capable to handle half the load. Chester WOULD have rushed more if we had more capable receivers. To what affect will AP have when they put 8 or 9 in the box on us all season...we have no WR's that will even make a DB think twice.

    WR's will not only help the passing game they will free up Chester as well, don't get me wrong I'd love to have AP but, not at #7, when we have much bigger glaring needs, much bigger than a BPA scenario.

  8. #18
    UndisputedVike's Avatar
    UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    748

    Re: Adrian Peterson the next great Viking RB?

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Nope, don't need him, plus he has injury concerns. He could never stay healthy, if we hope to develop Tarvaris, then he will need help. I would rather us trade down and grab Meachem. I don't see why Chester isn't splitting carries with Mewelde, personally I think our needs outweigh the BPA scenario.
    You ASSUME that someone WILL trade down with us...and the injury thing is NOTHING like McGahee's concerns were...didn't seem to hamper him all that much, either.
    Well not really assuming anything, I'd just rather see us to at least attempt to
    trade down, I mean someone has to be interested in the #7 pick.
    Well - here's the thing.
    Neither you, me nor anyone else outside of Winter Park knows whether or not the Vikings have tried to trade down or if they have plans to trade their pick.
    It would be really dumb of the Vikings to reveal their draft strategy two weeks before the actual day of the draft.

    And even if they don't trade down (which seems likely, as no one lower than them wants to trade up - lots of stories about this being a thin draft for first-rounders), we (the fans) will still never know what talks were floated with various teams because, again, it's not in the franchise's best interests to let all of that stuff be known.

    =Z=
    Umm
    ??? Did I imply or say we should hold a press conference to reveal our Draft Strategy?

    If I did then, that wasn't what I meant.

  9. #19
    BritishVike's Avatar
    BritishVike is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    143

    Re: Adrian Peterson the next great Viking RB?

    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Nope, don't need him, plus he has injury concerns. He could never stay healthy, if we hope to develop Tarvaris, then he will need help. I would rather us trade down and grab Meachem. I don't see why Chester isn't splitting carries with Mewelde, personally I think our needs outweigh the BPA scenario.
    First of all, I agree about trading down and getting Meachem, I think getting a good solid playmaking starter at WR will bring us closer to the SB then another RB will, we need a decent pass game for our offense to work. But I don't know how you can say stuff about not drafting AP because of injuries then want Memo to split carries. I like the way Childress used Memo, he really added something to our passing game as well. He was a nice complement to Taylors "pound the ball" style, I wouldn't mind seeing him get some more carries but I don't think he should split carries.
    Umm, what's wrong with Chester splitting carries with Mewelde? I don't believe Mewelde missed a game last year, when he was given the chance with the ball he did really well.

    We already have a crowded backfield with a 1200 yard back, and a back who more than capable to handle half the load. Chester WOULD have rushed more is we had more capable receivers. To what affect will AP have when they put 8 or 9 in the box on us all season...we have no WR's that will even make a DB think twice.

    WR's not only help the passing game they will free up Chester as well, don't get me wrong I'd love to have AP but, not at #7, when we have much bigger glaring needs, much bigger than a BPA scenario.
    But if we cant trade down would u take a WR at #7? I would love meachem, but not at 7. Therefore BPA is the only option if we cant trade down and Adams and CJ have gone. I might be tempted with Landry but that doesnt solve the issue of what ur arguing. Dont get me wrong, i agree that even with AP our offense will blow without any decent WR's, but still i wouldnt want to pay somebody way over what theyre worth.

  10. #20
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Adrian Peterson the next great Viking RB?

    "BritishVike" wrote:
    But if we cant trade down would u take a WR at #7? I would love meachem, but not at 7. Therefore BPA is the only option if we cant trade down and Adams and CJ have gone. I might be tempted with Landry but that doesnt solve the issue of what ur arguing. Dont get me wrong, i agree that even with AP our offense will blow without any decent WR's, but still i wouldnt want to pay somebody way over what theyre worth.
    Hit the nail right on the head here BV.
    If we can't trade down we need to take the BPA.
    Reaching for a WR with the #7 pick would be a HUGE mistake.
    You cannot draft solely for need when you are picking in the top 10.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Great Peterson
    By Infidel in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 09-26-2010, 10:42 PM
  2. Q & A with Adrian Peterson
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-10-2008, 10:03 AM
  3. Viking Nation Video: Adrian Peterson- Iron Man
    By akvikefan89 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-08-2007, 05:45 AM
  4. Adrian Peterson??
    By Vikingryche in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-29-2007, 12:46 PM
  5. Yo, Adrian ........ (Adrian Peterson)
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 04-27-2007, 05:24 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •