Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Questfor31 is offline Training Camp

Adrian Peterson the next great Viking RB?

If Arian Peterson is available at 7 for the Vikings, would you take him?
    All indications are that he may be there and Brady Quinn may be gone.

I realize Chester Taylor is carrying the load in Minnesota, but how happy are you with Taylor carrying the load?
    Would you take Peterson if he's there?
    Quest for 31
    NFL Stadium Reviews
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    Check out my visit to the Metrodome at:
    www. nflfootballstadiums. com/Metrodome. htm

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Adrian Peterson the next great Viking RB?

"Questfor31" wrote:

I realize Chester Taylor is carrying the load in Minnesota, but how happy are you with Taylor carrying the load?
    Welcome, new guy who's a fan of another team.
    There are several threads concerning Adrian Peterson posted in the 2007 Vikings Off-Season forum.
    Check those out for pages concerning this topic!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the site Questfor31.
    This topic has been discussed in quite a bit of detail in another thread.
    Please do a search first before posting a new topic.
    This helps PP.O keep the site clean, and also makes it easier for members to carry on a conversation.

Skol.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Questfor31" wrote:

Hells yeah!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

Where is the "Will AP get better yards per carry then co-back C Taylor" thread?

I think Houston helped add credibility to the idea that you never can pass up on an amazing RB.
    Technichally in the situation where AP is available for us it is likely that he is the best player available, and hence highest value.
    If we did pick AP, I think CT would have very trade good value after last years performance.

Childress has stated that he would like to have someone for CT to split carries with.
    We got CT for cheap (16 mil for 4 yrs) til '09 so it would be financialy possible to have two backs of this caliber on ther roster (With the cap room its a mute point anyways).

In my opinion get AP, have CT start, let em split carries in 07-08 (woooo just had a vision of NO's playoff run) and deal Taylor in 08 offseason.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

davike is offline Team Alumni

Well before we can decide that, first we must draft him, then we must wait a couple years to to tell for sure. So I will get back to you either after the draft or after a couple years on that one.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Re: Where is the "Will AP get better yards per carry then co-back C Taylor" thread?

"Billy" wrote:
    I think Houston helped add credibility to the idea that you never can pass up on an amazing RB.
    Technichally in the situation where AP is available for us it is likely that he is the best player available, and hence highest value.
    If we did pick AP, I think CT would have very trade good value after last years performance.

Childress has stated that he would like to have someone for CT to split carries with.
    We got CT for cheap (16 mil for 4 yrs) til '09 so it would be financialy possible to have two backs of this caliber on ther roster (With the cap room its a mute point anyways).

In my opinion get AP, have CT start, let em split carries in 07-08 (woooo just had a vision of NO's playoff run) and deal Taylor in 08 offseason.
    You are correct
    (but it's a MOOT point)!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Where is the "Will AP get better yards per carry then co-back C Taylor" thread?

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:

You are correct
    (but it's a MOOT point)!
    If the point was never made and it was intended to be made would it then be a mute point?
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

Nope, don't need him, plus he has injury concerns. He could never stay healthy, if we hope to develop Tarvaris, then he will need help. I would rather us trade down and grab Meachem. I don't see why Chester isn't splitting carries with Mewelde, personally I think our needs outweigh the BPA scenario.

"UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Nope, don't need him, plus he has injury concerns. He could never stay healthy, if we hope to develop Tarvaris, then he will need help. I would rather us trade down and grab Meachem. I don't see why Chester isn't splitting carries with Mewelde, personally I think our needs outweigh the BPA scenario.
    You ASSUME that someone WILL trade down with us...and the injury thing is NOTHING like McGahee's concerns were...didn't seem to hamper him all that much, either.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast