Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Adjusted Cap numbers

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/03/16/team-by-team-adjusted-cap-numbers/#more-1854

Though it’s generally known that the per-team spending limit for 2008 is $116 million ($116,729,000, to be exact), each team has an adjusted cap number.
    The variations are due in large part to so-called likely to be earned incentives (LTBEs) that were charged against the 2007 cap but then carried over when not earned, and so-called not likely to be earned incentives (NLTBEs) that were not charged against the 2007 cap but earned in 2007 and thus charged in 2008.

Minnesota Vikings:
    $135,161,000.

So we as ateam have the highest adjusted cap number. TB is second.
    So this is a good thing correct?

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Adjusted Cap numbers

"Garland" wrote:
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/03/16/team-by-team-adjusted-cap-numbers/#more-1854

Though it’s generally known that the per-team spending limit for 2008 is $116 million ($116,729,000, to be exact), each team has an adjusted cap number.
    The variations are due in large part to so-called likely to be earned incentives (LTBEs) that were charged against the 2007 cap but then carried over when not earned, and so-called not likely to be earned incentives (NLTBEs) that were not charged against the 2007 cap but earned in 2007 and thus charged in 2008.

Minnesota Vikings:
    $135,161,000.

So we as ateam have the highest adjusted cap number. TB is second.
    So this is a good thing correct?
    It's a good thing if:

-
    Wilf has the money
    -
    Wilf is willing spend the money
    -
    There are quality players available who can help us
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Thanks for the update GG.

As to your question, I am a bit torn with respect to the CAP windfall we always seem to have.
    On one hand I am glad that we had some this year so we could spend on a few key FA but on the other I wish they would spend abit more if necessary to get us a bit more talent at times.

Problem is, although I want them to spend spend, I understand the talent pool is pretty bleak over the last two years.

Build through the draft, let the young guys play and fix the holes with a few FA's as necessary seems to be working I guess but it is hard to remain patient as we watch the young kids learn.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler

I just thought I should point out that the Eagles have the second most cap room with ~$130.8M, Tampa Bay is just under them.

It really shows how great our front office is, that we lead the league in cap room by over $4M. They really do a top rate job. I really hope they use all that cap room in the next few years to lock up our key guys to nice, long extensions. Birk, Udeze and Sharper are all free agents next year, and Winfield, Griffin, Tarvaris, Chester Taylor, Cook, Ray Edwards, Mills, and a lot of our young guys like Frampton and Mozes are all free agents in 2010. Obviously not all those guys will be back, but I would really like to see guys like Birk resigned, and it is always good for a team to keep the younger guys around to keep a solid foundation.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"aaeyers" wrote:
    I just thought I should point out that the Eagles have the second most cap room with ~$130.8M, Tampa Bay is just under them.

It really shows how great our front office is, that we lead the league in cap room by over $4M. They really do a top rate job. I really hope they use all that cap room in the next few years to lock up our key guys to nice, long extensions. Birk, Udeze and Sharper are all free agents next year, and Winfield, Griffin, Tarvaris, Chester Taylor, Cook, Ray Edwards, Mills, and a lot of our young guys like Frampton and Mozes are all free agents in 2010. Obviously not all those guys will be back, but I would really like to see guys like Birk resigned, and it is always good for a team to keep the younger guys around to keep a solid foundation.
    You are correct. And thanks for th input guys