Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

About those offseason workouts

Welcome to the 2009 NFL season. Well sort of.

Today, marks the first day that teams can conduct offseason workouts or minicamps. That’s why you’re reading that disgruntled Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler failed to attend a meeting at that team’s facility or that Washington running back Clinton Portis is expected to be a no-show for day one of the Washington Redskins workout program.

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2633
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: About those offseason workouts

My guess........

Marrdro and Singer will be beeeeeeyatching again about how "Unready" the team is during the first 3 or 4 games.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

Today, marks the first day that teams can conduct offseason workouts or minicamps. That’s why you’re reading that disgruntled Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler failed to attend a meeting at that team’s facility or that Washington running back Clinton Portis is expected to be a no-show for day one of the Washington Redskins workout program.

Funny people seem to foget just how little time these guys have off.
    There really is only about 2 months to "enjoy" your money. Most of these guys are hundreds of miles away from their family and friends. It may just put somethings in perspective.

I'm dating a girl that once dated a Skins DT and she tells me all of the he time how miserable he was being a country boy in Washington DC. I know they make a lot of money but theu sacrific their bodies and family time for the sport.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

There really is only about 2 months to "enjoy" your money. Most of these guys are hundreds of miles away from their family and friends. It may just put somethings in perspective.

I'm dating a girl that once dated a Skins DT and she tells me all of the he time how miserable he was being a country boy in Washington DC. I know they make a lot of money but theu sacrific their bodies and family time for the sport.
    And most people only have saturdays and sundays off while working 40 hour weeks all year.

If I got paid multi-million dollars per year to be in great shape, work 35 hours a week, and get 2-3 months off depending on your team's success. I'd keep my mouth shut and shut up and do everything I'm asked or told by my coaches.

I don't sympathize with today's NFL players. Guys did it years ago for a fraction of the money. I sympathize with those guys who get treated like dog shit when they're careers ended.

"Mr" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

And most people only have saturdays and sundays off while working 40 hour weeks all year.

If I got paid multi-million dollars per year to be in great shape, work 35 hours a week, and get 2-3 months off depending on your team's success. I'd keep my mouth shut and shut up and do everything I'm asked or told by my coaches.

I don't sympathize with today's NFL players. Guys did it years ago for a fraction of the money. I sympathize with those guys who get treated like dog pooh when they're careers ended.
    Money isn't everything...Atleast you have access to family and friends.
    Some of these guys are really lonely.
    I think they work more than 35 hours a week btw. Film, lifting, practice, walk thrus, travel and lastly, games...account for more than 35 hours a day.

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

+1

I don't doubt these guys work hard in the offseason.....but there are millions of people in this country who work just as hard (if not harder) for less money, and get less time off with their families to enjoy the little amount they do make.

I'm not shedding any tears for their "plight".

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I think I could suffer through the "Lifestyle" for the limited time they have to make the cash they do.

Hell, of the of my 22 years in the service, I spent 12 years, 7 months and 12 days onboard ships or seas going staffs completing 5 major deployments (two 7 monthers) and 3 small ones.

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I don't sympathize with today's NFL players. Guys did it years ago for a fraction of the money. I sympathize with those guys who get treated like dog pooh when they're careers ended.
    I think they work more than 35 hours a week btw. Film, lifting, practice, walk thrus, travel and lastly, games...account for more than 35 hours a day.
    I work as a waiter currently and construction all summer. Many of the people i work with work well above 40 hours a week and don't get to spend nearly as much time with their families. Furthermore, they do it for much less money and are much less appreciated, especially for the spanish workers who are often criticized for "stealing jobs" or are accused of being illegals. I'm not shedding any tears for nfl players who get to play a game for a living

I find it funny that people always state how easy NFL players have it but no one talks about the Owners :.
    I just stated it that these guys lives aren't as picture perfect as everyone thinks they are....Perharps that's why so many of them turn to drugs.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"vikes2456" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I work as a waiter currently and construction all summer. Many of the people i work with work well above 40 hours a week and don't get to spend nearly as much time with their families. Furthermore, they do it for much less money and are much less appreciated, especially for the spanish workers who are often criticized for "stealing jobs" or are accused of being illegals. I'm not shedding any tears for nfl players who get to play a game for a living
    No one is shedding tears. I think Kevon is just pointing out that money doesn't buy happiness, often times it makes life more difficult. Managing million of dollars is a full time job by itself.
    I have seen studies that show there is very little correlation between wealth and happiness. Some of the poorest people on earth are the happiest and some super rich become extremely depressed.
    The correlation between those that share what the have and happiness is much greater.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast