Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Aaron Brooks as Backup QB

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    thats crazy i guess when he throws the ball 40 yards plus down the field between 2 defenders that must be special effects. and yeah completion percentage don't mean squat because rich gannon had his mvp season for throwing 5 yard passes while his players ran down field and beefed up his stats; rich gannon is the worst decision ever for an mvp player.
    Haha yeah Gannon for MVP was pretty darn sad.

For some apparent reason I just don't find Daunte that accurate. Most of the time when he launches a 40 yd pass our WR never can just catch it and run in stride, they have to stop or jump for it. I can remember tons of time last year Daunte's accuracy was getting attrocious to the point where I had enough.....

I'm not saying Daunte isn't accurate but that he isn't very accurate.

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"PurpleManiac" wrote:
    "collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    thats crazy i guess when he throws the ball 40 yards plus down the field between 2 defenders that must be special effects. and yeah completion percentage don't mean squat because rich gannon had his mvp season for throwing 5 yard passes while his players ran down field and beefed up his stats; rich gannon is the worst decision ever for an mvp player.

For some apparent reason I just don't find Daunte that accurate. Most of the time when he launches a 40 yd pass our WR never can just catch it and run in stride, they have to stop or jump for it. I can remember tons of time last year Daunte's accuracy was getting attrocious to the point where I had enough.....

I would agree that Daunte isn't anywhere near as accurate as his completion percentages may state. Moss clearing everything out for the easy short underneath passes, made it pretty darn easy for him to look accurate.

However, I still wouldn't say Aaron Brooks is a more accurate QB. I have watched him play too much to think he is accurate. What Brooks actually is, is a streaky passer. He can look amazingly accurate for a game and then look absolutely horrible for 2 or 3 games, then look awesome again the next week. I think this is the big reason why NO struggled with him and decided to part ways.

PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "PurpleManiac" wrote:
    "collegeguyjeff" wrote:

I would agree that Daunte isn't anywhere near as accurate as his completion percentages may state. Moss clearing everything out for the easy short underneath passes, made it pretty darn easy for him to look accurate.

However, I still wouldn't say Aaron Brooks is a more accurate QB. I have watched him play too much to think he is accurate. What Brooks actually is, is a streaky passer. He can look amazingly accurate for a game and then look absolutely horrible for 2 or 3 games, then look awesome again the next week. I think this is the big reason why NO struggled with him and decided to part ways.
    Yeah something like that =D

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"SamDawg84" wrote:
    brooks should stay or go to oakland, or maybe the big tuna lol
    Good point, he should have a chance to start in the NFL, just as much as Brad.

They could be competing somewhere.

Yes, Brad is under contract, but what if he was part of a trade to another team for a RB???? Just a thought. I personally want him here in MN to start the season if DC can't go right away. Brad is under contract and he is obligated to be in MN.

BTW, Brooks is not that bad of a QB. He has done well getting the ball to Stallworth and Horn. He has been on a bad attitude football team. He needs a change of pace and he might play a bit better.

It is just one of those things, like talked about in another thread(money spent on renovating practice facility), attitude of a team makes a difference. Saints are losers and their crony owner does nothing to try and change their attitude. You can go on figuring that if you pay people a lot of money to play, that they will play with an edge, but it is not true. Little things do count. Change is a way to keep from feeling stale.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Aaron Brooks will ave an opportunity to start somewhere next year. Sombody like Oakland or Miami will sign him. He won't want to come here where he has no shot at starting.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

ThaSuperFreak33 is offline Pro-Bowler

Brooks would be a good option.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

aaron brooks to the cfl? i think so.
    We're bringing purple back.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"gregair13" wrote:
    aaron brooks to the cfl? i think so.
    I agree! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Good option.....no.
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

No . . . Nada . . . Forget it . . . You is Crazzeeee!!!!

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast