Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tanner_QBRB8 is offline Pro-Bowler

Aaron Brooks as Backup QB

think about this if Brad does get out of Minnesota then how about bringing in Aaron Brooks i know that he is not a good as brad but he wouldnt be a terrible pick up

PurpleMafia is offline Coordinator

Re: Aaron Brooks as Backup QB

To much money I think. Id rather pick up a good RB.
    Retired 12/21/08

Prophet Guest

Personally, I would like to keep Aaron Brooks as far away from the team as possible. I have seen him play in almost every game he has played in and he has the raw talent but not enough upstairs to be a leader. I agree, he could be an ok backup, but he folds when the pressure is on. His statistics make him look much better than he is, many of his passing yards were racked up during 'garbage time' when the Saints were getting blown away or when they were already eliminated from the playoffs. There are better options. I hope Brad stays in the mix in Minnesota.

SamDawg84 Guest

brooks should stay or go to oakland, or maybe the big tuna lol

No thanks.

BJ is under contract. Why are we debating possible back ups when we already have a proven winner here?

PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

What? I would take Brooks as my backup QB anyday if Brad decides to leave. Brooks is still a very hot talent, he has the armstrength almost equivelant to Daunte, not to mention he might be more accurate.

People have a negative thought about Aaron because he plays for the Saints and they stink. In reality he's pretty darn average.

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

"PurpleManiac" wrote:
    What? I would take Brooks as my backup QB anyday if Brad decides to leave. Brooks is still a very hot talent, he has the armstrength almost equivelant to Daunte, not to mention he might be more accurate.

People have a negative thought about Aaron because he plays for the Saints and they stink. In reality he's pretty darn average.
    aaron brooks more accurate than culpepper? i don't think so if thats the case bj can give ab a bj. i laugh that you say ab might be more accurate than dc have you ever watched dc thread the ball between 2 defenders?
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

Daunte Culpepper does not have GOOD accuracy alright? Did you not see him at the Pro Bowl 2 years ago on the QB challenge...he embarrassed himself there with the accuracy challenge. Of course that and playing the game is different...Daunte does make good throws but most of the time he hardly attempts to try and fit the ball in tight spot.

And I hope nobody brings up the completion percentages because that for some apparent reason, people link it to how accurate QB's are.

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

What I least like about Aaron Brooks, is the one thing that bothers me about Daunte, and that is the lack of the leadership triat. That is something you just can't teach, and he really seems to lack it. If Brad does leave, which I highly highly doubt(due to his knowledge of the WCO), we need to bring in a WC guy and a guy who has shown that he has that leadership trait, in case we need him to be our starter. Brad did a good job of that area, when he came in for Daunte.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

thats crazy i guess when he throws the ball 40 yards plus down the field between 2 defenders that must be special effects. and yeah completion percentage don't mean squat because rich gannon had his mvp season for throwing 5 yard passes while his players ran down field and beefed up his stats; rich gannon is the worst decision ever for an mvp player.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast