Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: 9.7 Million to pick up James! Worth it????

edge james hah never liked him a good rb when he aint the focus point 4 many defnces he jus aint a guy i want on our vikes not needed not at all
    When I was growing up, my family was so poor we couldn t afford to pay attention.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

These are kind of moot points only the Colts would have to pay that if they franchise him we won't be paying that much if we were to sign him. Also why are you still talking about that 80 mil thing Alexander was only telling a joke with that a fact easily known if you read the article.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Exactly whut I said Fuad!! That would be for a Franchise Tag.. Which other teams wouldn't give him.. He will be in the FA and will sign a contract

mn2181 is offline Training Camp

Can he get franchised again? And he won't get paid nearly that much, the Colts have tons of key FA, they can't afford to lose all their LB and Wayne to pay Edge that much. I personally think Lewis would be a better pick up and would come at a reasonable price, but I'd sign Edge if it was 5 mill. a year or less. It's not worth a huge contract cause there are tons of RB options for us.

mn2181 is offline Training Camp

Can he get franchised again? And he won't get paid nearly that much, the Colts have tons of key FA, they can't afford to lose all their LB and Wayne to pay Edge that much. I personally think Lewis would be a better pick up and would come at a reasonable price, but I'd sign Edge if it was 5 mill. a year or less. It's not worth a huge contract cause there are tons of RB options for us.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    Offensive line, Strong Safety, and Linebacker are the only areas that will be addressed via Free agency. We have 3 good backs and are in position to snag another one at 17.

I also see this as the smartest move by us this offseason.

Sign a Witherspoon or Peterson at LB, Hutch or Bentley at guard, and Ryan Clark or Tank Williams at SS and draft Maroney or White at 17. I think we may even be able to trade down a few slots, if some team is calling at 17, and still nab Maroney as well as an extra 1st day pick, unless he blows scouts away at his pro day or at the combine.

I don't see it as spending our money wisely, if we use most of it on a RB, when we need so much help at LB and O-line.

XxS2TheEvoxX is offline Pro-Bowler

I'd be all for getting Edge, but not for that kind of cap hit.

DeShaun Foster did a great job of getting hurt again, so I'm sure that he'll be a lot cheaper. Foster will have a great career if he gets past the major injuries.

If we can't pick up a runningback in free agency either Williams (highly doubt it), LenDale White, or Maroney will be avaliable. I'd LOVE to get DeAngelo, but that's not happening. My next choice would be Maroney.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"XxS2TheEvoxX" wrote:
    I'd be all for getting Edge, but not for that kind of cap hit.

DeShaun Foster did a great job of getting hurt again, so I'm sure that he'll be a lot cheaper. Foster will have a great career if he gets past the major injuries.

If we can't pick up a runningback in free agency either Williams (highly doubt it), LenDale White, or Maroney will be avaliable. I'd LOVE to get DeAngelo, but that's not happening. My next choice would be Maroney.

Foster is exaclty the kind of RB's we have had the past few years, and why we have had trouble. Like bennett and MM, he can't stay healthy. I would stay away from him, even with as talented as he is. We need a back that can carry the load and actually stay healthy for a season or two.

I like Maroney. He is a pounder and has shown he can carry the load and stay healthy while doing it.

Tanner_QBRB8 is offline Pro-Bowler

yeah it would be worth it but we arent going to do it i would like us to get edge but i just dont c it happening

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

no :twisted:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast