Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 345
  1. #21
    vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    459

    Re: And with the 7th pick of the 2007 draft, the Minnesota Vikings pick...

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "vikings11_27" wrote:
    "arrested_developer" wrote:
    Yeah. There's no reason why we should draft defensively if we keep that pick. Either go with a WR, TE, or OL.
    How can you say that there is no reason to draft defensively when we have the 32nd (AKA last) ranked pass defense? DE is definatly a VERY big need.
    I agree that DE is a need because we've proven that we have no depth at that position this year.
    But I don't think we would use the 1st round pick on it.
    On that same note, I am personally against drafting a WR in the first round.
    I still say we need to address WR in the FA or trades, not in the draft.

    OL and TE are possible.
    I think both Wiggy and the Sauce are on their way out.
    Both are great players, but neither fits Childress's game scheme very well.
    Childress will be looking for a TE that can stretch the field a little more.
    I agree about not needing a DE necessarily being a 1st round priority, but it wouldn't be a bad pick. I somewhat agree with your thought on wide receivers, but I think that if we can get Calvin Johnson without giving up too much then we should. If we don't address WR in the draft, then we would have to by trade because the best free agent receiver is Drew Bennet. I don't think that there are any o lineman worthy of the 7th overall pick other than Joe Thomas who will be gone by then, and TE can be addressed in the second round, again nobody worthy of 7th overall. So unless we can get Calvin Johnson, I think we should pick DE Gaines Adams.

  2. #22
    vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    459

    Re: And with the 7th pick of the 2007 draft, the Minnesota Vikings pick...

    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:

    Are you telling me that it can't be done? LOL. If we keep Udeze we need a designated pass rusher. Like we had with Lance Johnstone. He'd come in only on 3rd and longs, and in 2003 and 2004 he had double digit sacks and double digit QB hurries.
    Not at all.
    In fact, in another post I said that I see DE as a need, just not a first round need IMHO.
    I was just pointing out that calling Udeze a bust is a bit of a stretch.
    I agree, not a first rounder. Unless there were a Julius Peppers clone in the mix.

    I'm beginning to consider him a bust mostly due to the way Childress has used him. Like I said above, a designated pass rusher is an option that I can't believe Childress hasn't explored.
    I may be wrong, but I don't think that Childress has anything to do with defensive personell packages. I think this is Mike Tomlin. And we have done this, if you watch the past few games, you can see Ben Leber lined up at DE in passing situations.

  3. #23
    PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,738

    Re: And with the 7th pick of the 2007 draft, the Minnesota Vikings pick...

    "vikings11_27" wrote:
    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:

    Are you telling me that it can't be done? LOL. If we keep Udeze we need a designated pass rusher. Like we had with Lance Johnstone. He'd come in only on 3rd and longs, and in 2003 and 2004 he had double digit sacks and double digit QB hurries.
    Not at all.
    In fact, in another post I said that I see DE as a need, just not a first round need IMHO.
    I was just pointing out that calling Udeze a bust is a bit of a stretch.
    I agree, not a first rounder. Unless there were a Julius Peppers clone in the mix.

    I'm beginning to consider him a bust mostly due to the way Childress has used him. Like I said above, a designated pass rusher is an option that I can't believe Childress hasn't explored.
    I may be wrong, but I don't think that Childress has anything to do with defensive personell packages. I think this is Mike Tomlin. And we have done this, if you watch the past few games, you can see Ben Leber lined up at DE in passing situations.
    If we've tried that, I must have missed it. Probably because it didn't work for Leber.

  4. #24
    williamsontothebench is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    41

    Re: And with the 7th pick of the 2007 draft, the Minnesota Vikings pick...

    OK here goe's:


    I dont know where we will pick but as far as I can see we are a top 10 pick.
    I am guessing 9th.
    We need some big time playmakers on offense. WR is a must, we need to work of the offensive line. I would work on offense the first 3 round.

    we did get Griffin the db late in the draft, i think the same thing will happen again.
    We have several area's to work on.


    Here is what we need by position

    1. a new head coach
    2. an offensive play caller NOT
    Childress
    3. WR

    4. TE
    5. db's...
    Smoots must go.

    6. DE must be a VERY good pass rusher.

    7. BE ACTIVE IN FREE AGENCY!
    GET SCHAUB TO BE THE QB!

    This was by far the worst season EVER.
    I would have rather watched the snow melt than the Vikings this season.
    Childress is to blame for this season.
    And all you that defend him are wrong!

  5. #25
    Odin VAVikefan is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    399

    Re: And with the 7th pick of the 2007 draft, the Minnesota Vikings pick...

    At this point (may change my mind later as we get more press attention on the upcoming draft class), I believe that we have enough pressure with trying to get our many young starters gelled with football NFL-style as it is (Greenway will also basically be in rookie mode next year), so I would like to see us trade our top pick for a proven (3-4 years) vet #1 WR and a solid (starter) pass-rushing DE. The past 2 years have been official rebuilding seasons, for D in 2005 and coaching and O this year... we need players who can play at top level NOW.
    NMA -- www.newmodelarmy.org

  6. #26
    FuadFan's Avatar
    FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,746

    Re: And with the 7th pick of the 2007 draft, the Minnesota Vikings pick...

    Since Calvin Johnson likely will be long gone before we pick it could very welll be a debate between a raw speed WR and a tall USC prospect with the #7 pick now where have I heard that one before?
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,167

    Re: And with the 7th pick of the 2007 draft, the Minnesota Vikings pick...

    "threepete21" wrote:
    we should try and trade for Larry Fitzgerald.
    I'd give up thye 7th pick and Smoot for L.F.
    I would also give up our #7 pick (and maybe more) for Fitzgerald. But that's probably the only way we get a WR with that pick. I really don't see Childress and Co. picking a WR that early in the draft. Though I can see us bringing in a vet via free agency or trade. If we use the pick, Childress will probably do something to really piss off his detractors and draft an OL @ #7 (possibly Jake Long/MI). Unexciting but safe, needed and smart for the long term.
    Even babies know the difference.

  8. #28
    FuadFan's Avatar
    FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,746

    Re: And with the 7th pick of the 2007 draft, the Minnesota Vikings pick...

    "kramer9guy" wrote:
    "threepete21" wrote:
    we should try and trade for Larry Fitzgerald.
    I'd give up thye 7th pick and Smoot for L.F.
    I would also give up our #7 pick (and maybe more) for Fitzgerald. But that's probably the only way we get a WR with that pick. I really don't see Childress and Co. picking a WR that early in the draft. Though I can see us bringing in a vet via free agency or trade. If we use the pick, Childress will probably do something to really piss off his detractors and draft an OL @ #7 (possibly Jake Long/MI). Unexciting but safe, needed and smart for the long term.
    I don't know how this thought that anybody thinks Larry Fitzgerald is available for trade started because that is as realistic as all the Bennett and Boldin talk was and Jake Long has already said he is returning for his senior year kramer9guy and I don't think there are any O-lineman worth a pick there besides Joe Thomas.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

  9. #29
    outside22's Avatar
    outside22 is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    19

    Re: And with the 7th pick of the 2007 draft, the Minnesota Vikings pick...

    Well, let's see.
    I think we all agree on our needs for the most part.
    We need help at WR, TE, OL, DE and DB.


    With the seventh pick, let's look at WRs first.
    Calvin Johnson will most likely be gone by then.
    Dwayne Jarrett and Ted Ginn Jr. would both most likely be available, but are they worth the risk?
    I doubt Childress pulls that trigger.

    Tight ends?
    No one is worth a first round pick.
    Forget that.

    Offensive line, this is where I could see Childress being conservative and grabbing a right tackle.
    However, they made it sound like they like Cook and want him to be our right tackle, so who knows.
    Joe Thomas will already be in Arizona, and Jake Long is staying in school, so I don't think we go there either.

    Defensive end is where there are definate possibilities.
    Gaines Adams and Quentin Moses are both very good and we could use a consistent pass rush to help out our secondary.

    Speaking of helping out our secondary, Leon Hall would probably be here at this pick as well.
    Most of us agree that we want Smoot gone, but we still do have Winfield and Griffin coming back next year to start.

    My top choices as of now are Jarrett and Adams.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,167

    Re: And with the 7th pick of the 2007 draft, the Minnesota Vikings pick...

    "FuadFan" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:
    "threepete21" wrote:
    we should try and trade for Larry Fitzgerald.
    I'd give up thye 7th pick and Smoot for L.F.
    I would also give up our #7 pick (and maybe more) for Fitzgerald. But that's probably the only way we get a WR with that pick. I really don't see Childress and Co. picking a WR that early in the draft. Though I can see us bringing in a vet via free agency or trade. If we use the pick, Childress will probably do something to really piss off his detractors and draft an OL @ #7 (possibly Jake Long/MI). Unexciting but safe, needed and smart for the long term.
    I don't know how this thought that anybody thinks Larry Fitzgerald is available for trade started because that is as realistic as all the Bennett and Boldin talk was and Jake Long has already said he is returning for his senior year kramer9guy and I don't think there are any O-lineman worth a pick there besides Joe Thomas.
    I don't think Fitzgerald is "available", but I do think us getting him via trade is probably a better possibility than Childress drafting a WR at #7. And I didn't know Jake Long was returning to Michigan, but I do think Childress would prefer a lineman if available.
    Even babies know the difference.

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. With the 17th pick of the 2008 NFL Draft the Minnesota Vikings select
    By skum in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 180
    Last Post: 03-28-2008, 02:36 PM
  2. With the seventh pick in the 2007 NFL Draft the Vikings select ADRIAN PETERSON
    By minnesotapride in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 09:54 PM
  3. With the forty-forth pick in the 2007 NFL Draft the Vikings select Sidney Rice
    By minnesotapride in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 03:22 PM
  4. With the 72nd pick in the draft the Vikings pick?
    By ViKing24 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 03:44 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-01-2007, 06:20 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •