Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

7 Moves the Vikings Should Make This Offseason

Alert Alert Bleacher Report, Bleacher Repport. DON'T READ THIS OR PARTICIPATE IN THE DISCUSSION IF IT INSULT YOUR WISDOM OR STANDARDS. I say again, Alert Alert Bleacher Report.
    7 Moves the Vikings Should Make This Offseason
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: 7 Moves the Vikings Should Make This Offseason

Classic BR article. Throws out a bunch of pointless claims that we hear all the time here.

1: Extend AP. Two words: No shit

2: Re-sign Rice. Yup. pretty obvious again. If we don't, we lose a huge part of our passing game. Doesn't take a degree in forensic science to figure out that we want him back and one in Journalism to report it.

3: Cut BB: Why. Yeah, he's not what we expected, but if we cut BB, and if we aren't able to get Rice back, taht leaves us with Harvin. Sorry, but Harvin, Ponder, Shank and Rudolph won't leave a whole lot of defenses shakinga t their knees. We need a few weapons, even if they are only average players. Berrian has the ability to make a defense pay if they ignore him. He's just gotta concentrate. 500 yards and 4 touchdowns and I'd say he's worth keeping.

5. Release M-Will: One of two I agree. I'd rather give Tyrell Johnson a shot back there than MWill. Of course, I'd much prefer to sign one of the young safeties out on the market.

6. Re-sign Longwell: Other one I agree with. We need Longwell. Clutch kickers are tough to come by. Do you think the Pats and Colts would rather have a guy like Haushka or Lloyd over Vinateiri? Vinateiri doesn't have a big leg, but he hits them when it matters, and was responsible for getting the Pats 3 superbowls.

7. Brandon Mebane: Maybe.... if we are actually looking for a NT. I personally don't think we are. If pat comes back, fine, if not, I see us going with someone smaller and better at rushing the passer here. If we can get a big monster of a player who can actually rush the passer, fine, but those are just kinda tough to come by.

8. Sign Herzlich. Wouldn't mind signing him to see what he can do for us. Obviously has talent, and hopefully his issue with Cancer is behind him. However, I can't really imagine that this is a top priority like this piece woudl indicate.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1100396

2: Re-sign Rice]

3: Cut BB: Why . . . if we aren't able to get Rice back,
    Pretty sure 3 is contingent on 2
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Classic BR article. Throws out a bunch of pointless claims that we hear all the time here.

2: Re-sign Rice. Yup. pretty obvious again. If we don't, we lose a huge part of our passing game. Doesn't take a degree in forensic science to figure out that we want him back and one in Journalism to report it.

3: Cut BB: Why. Yeah, he's not what we expected, but if we cut BB, and if we aren't able to get Rice back, taht leaves us with Harvin. Sorry, but Harvin, Ponder, Shank and Rudolph won't leave a whole lot of defenses shakinga t their knees. We need a few weapons, even if they are only average players. Berrian has the ability to make a defense pay if they ignore him. He's just gotta concentrate. 500 yards and 4 touchdowns and I'd say he's worth keeping.

5. Release M-Will: One of two I agree. I'd rather give Tyrell Johnson a shot back there than MWill. Of course, I'd much prefer to sign one of the young safeties out on the market.

6. Re-sign Longwell: Other one I agree with. We need Longwell. Clutch kickers are tough to come by. Do you think the Pats and Colts would rather have a guy like Haushka or Lloyd over Vinateiri? Vinateiri doesn't have a big leg, but he hits them when it matters, and was responsible for getting the Pats 3 superbowls.

7. Brandon Mebane: Maybe.... if we are actually looking for a NT. I personally don't think we are. If pat comes back, fine, if not, I see us going with someone smaller and better at rushing the passer here. If we can get a big monster of a player who can actually rush the passer, fine, but those are just kinda tough to come by.

8. Sign Herzlich. Wouldn't mind signing him to see what he can do for us. Obviously has talent, and hopefully his issue with Cancer is behind him. However, I can't really imagine that this is a top priority like this piece woudl indicate.
    So if this was authored by you, you would have made all the same points except for the BB decision.

LOL, you crack me up.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1100401

Thats the way I read it as well my friend. No worries, our good friend bleed often confuses what he reads. Just another example......:cheer:

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1100407

Thats the way I read it as well my friend. No worries, our good friend bleed often confuses what he reads. Just another example......:cheer:
    No, I understand it, but it's a stupid point regardless. Why would you just cut Berrian? At the very least attempt to trade him. If not, keep him, he'll be good for at minimum 400 yards and a coulpe TD's I think. Even if we keep Rice, there's no point in cutting Berrian.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1100416
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1100407

No, I understand it, but it's a stupid point regardless. Why would you just cut Berrian? At the very least attempt to trade him. If not, keep him, he'll be good for at minimum 400 yards and a coulpe TD's I think. Even if we keep Rice, there's no point in cutting Berrian.
    +1. At the very least let him compete through training camp and pre-season, if he is the weakest link then let him go. Ponder is going to need all the weapons he can get.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

The reason you would consider cutting him is because of his estimated 3.9 million cap hit on a team that may already be 5 million over the cap. Based off of recent production he's overpaid. It's not that he's so bad you can't find a use for him on your team, but if cap is a concern than so is Berrian's production.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1100427
    The reason you would consider cutting him is because of his estimated 3.9 million cap hit on a team that may already be 5 million over the cap. Based off of recent production he's overpaid. It's not that he's so bad you can't find a use for him on your team, but if cap is a concern than so is Berrian's production.
    True, but I don't buy the theory we are in cap trouble, and even if they are it seems there is always a way to work it out. The redskins have been in cap trouble for a decade yet always find a way to spend more money.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

1) Fire Childress
    2) Let Farve retire
    3) Draft a QB and start over
    4) Elevate Frazier to HC
    5) Fire Bevell
    6) Extend AP
    7) Sign the freakin CBA

We're almost there
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast