Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: With the 54th Pick the Vikings Select Phil Loadholt

slavinator wrote:
    swardsooner wrote:
    Is he a keeper?
    I think so. After some very conspicuous mistakes early he by and large played well for the remainder of the year. To me he just needs to work on his pass blocking skills. Aside from that I think he is a good run blocker that we got at a considerable value.

He is light years better than Cook.........
    So sad that everyone is so quick to kick him to the curb.

As with stance with young Cook, I think we should go ahead and support the kid. Its not his fault the staff wants him to learn on the field which will result in a few gaffs.

I for one think the kid did pretty good all things considered.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    slavinator wrote:
    swardsooner wrote:
    Is he a keeper?
    I think so. After some very conspicuous mistakes early he by and large played well for the remainder of the year. To me he just needs to work on his pass blocking skills. Aside from that I think he is a good run blocker that we got at a considerable value.

As with stance with young Cook, I think we should go ahead and support the kid. Its not his fault the staff wants him to learn on the field which will result in a few gaffs.

Who the hell is everyone? In fact, who is anyone? I have seen nobody want to see Load leave. Just proves how much Cook really sucks.

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    slavinator wrote:
    swardsooner wrote:
    Is he a keeper?

Who the hell is everyone? In fact, who is anyone? I have seen nobody want to see Load leave. Just proves how much Cook really sucks.
    Wellllll, the first quote questions if he is a keeper. Maybe I am slower than I think but that does tend towards a question about his skill set.

As keeping him, your stance on getting Tauscher (RT) on the roster could be confused by the slow of foot as a bit of angst over the Loads play.

By the way, I did read a few threads while I was working in the closet. Seems to me that there were a few throwing mud his way.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    slavinator wrote:
    swardsooner wrote:
    Is he a keeper?

Wellllll, the first quote questions if he is a keeper. Maybe I am slower than I think but that does tend towards a question about his skill set.

As keeping him, your stance on getting Tauscher (RT) on the roster could be confused by the slow of foot as a bit of angst over the Loads play.

By the way, I did read a few threads while I was working in the closet. Seems to me that there were a few throwing mud his way.
    Pretty sure swardsooner was trying to spark a convo. Also, Load is a Sooner.

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    slavinator wrote:
    swardsooner wrote:
    Is he a keeper?

Pretty sure swardsooner was trying to spark a convo. Also, Load is a Sooner.
    I'm not holding the Sooner thing against him. Just answering his question.........ala sparking of a convo......

Marrdro wrote:
    slavinator wrote:
    swardsooner wrote:
    Is he a keeper?

I think that he (Cook) is good but better suited to C/G than a tackle(Probably a backup to 4 spots on the OL). It seemed as though he couldnt remember a snap count while on the edge to me. I dont fault him for having to learn on the fly,however Loadholt had to do so as well.

My point being that Cook may not be bad as an interior lineman, but as for a RT I think we got the guy (Loadholt) for years to come.

slavinator wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    slavinator wrote:
    swardsooner wrote:
    Is he a keeper?

I think that he (Cook) is good but better suited to C/G than a tackle(Probably a backup to 4 spots on the OL). It seemed as though he couldnt remember a snap count while on the edge to me. I dont fault him for having to learn on the fly,however Loadholt had to do so as well.

My point being that Cook may not be bad as an interior lineman, but as for a RT I think we got the guy (Loadholt) for years to come.
    I wouldn't mind seeing Cook stick around to provide the depth you speak of, however, my guess is some team will give him more than we are willing to, which will open up a roster spot.

Thing I'm struggling with on my roster analysis is, will they promote a guy from the PS for that position or will they burn a top pick (1rst through 3rd) on a G.

Marrdro wrote:
    slavinator wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    slavinator wrote:
    swardsooner wrote:
    Is he a keeper?

I wouldn't mind seeing Cook stick around to provide the depth you speak of, however, my guess is some team will give him more than we are willing to, which will open up a roster spot.

Thing I'm struggling with on my roster analysis is, will they promote a guy from the PS for that position or will they burn a top pick (1rst through 3rd) on a G.
    This is another good year for OL/DL I think that it allows us to be versatile. To me it would be better to look to the draft to replace guys we cant sign. With the labor issue and stadium issue ahead it may be the most prudent way to approach the roster.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526