Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: With the 54th Pick the Vikings Select Phil Loadholt

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "peterson-rox28" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=51630.msg939903#msg939903 date=1240783748]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=51630.msg939899#msg939899 date=1240783574]
    Mars what about ur boy Cook? :P

I had a quote on here somewhere saying I felt Cook would start the season and do well.. So much for that ha

I hate being right.
    LOL. Don't make me go get your posts about MLB and S.

;D
    I would lose it if we ever have to watch cook line up on our OL again!
    Don't get me wrong, I love the Load pick, however, if one were to look real close at his strengths and weaknesses (Penalties/Edge Rushers) I am not so sure he is gonna be that much better than Cook in the pass protection area.

Having said that, if they are just looking to increase the load at that side to improve the Run production then he could start over Cook right away.
    If they are looking to improve the Pass protection, then I don't think he will automatically win the starting job.

Long story short, you might just have to see Mr. Cook out there at RT for a few games.
    My guess is about 5.
    You mean Hicks.
    [/quote]
    Possibly.

I don't want to let the cat out of the bag, however, my roster analysis might suprise some with respect to Mr. Hick's future.

[/quote]

If you you are trying to say he will be cut, you might want to think again. Spielman and Childress love guys that can play multiple positions on the line. He is going nowhere.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "peterson-rox28" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51630.msg941021#msg941021 date=1240934971]

I had a quote on here somewhere saying I felt Cook would start the season and do well.. So much for that ha

I hate being right.

;D
    Don't get me wrong, I love the Load pick, however, if one were to look real close at his strengths and weaknesses (Penalties/Edge Rushers) I am not so sure he is gonna be that much better than Cook in the pass protection area.

Having said that, if they are just looking to increase the load at that side to improve the Run production then he could start over Cook right away.
    If they are looking to improve the Pass protection, then I don't think he will automatically win the starting job.

Long story short, you might just have to see Mr. Cook out there at RT for a few games.
    My guess is about 5.
    You mean Hicks.
    [/quote]
    Possibly.

I don't want to let the cat out of the bag, however, my roster analysis might suprise some with respect to Mr. Hick's future.

[/quote]

If you you are trying to say he will be cut, you might want to think again. Spielman and Childress love guys that can play multiple positions on the line. He is going nowhere.
    [/quote]

agreed!! i think Cook is the morely likely candidate than Mr. Hicks.
    remember Cook was benched in favor of hicks and hicks also started and did very well as the starting LT

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=51630.msg939905#msg939905 date=1240783807]

I hate being right.

Glad we didn't take a DT ha
    When our DT's are gassed cause there isn't anyone to rotate them with, you guys will be singing a different tune.

Probably, gol 'darnit I wish we had more than 3 DT's for these 4 games.

;D
    We have five.

Fred Evans
    Jimmy Kennedy
    Letroy Guion
    Tremaine Johnson
    Antoine Holmes

Also, Otis Grigsby can play DT.
    i think we will be just fine at DL... edwards can also play DT in passing situations as well...
    [/quote]
    All DE's can play DT in passing situations.
    Those reps aren't what I speak of.
    Beleive it or not, in our Base 4-3, K-will and Phat rotate in and out alot, especially in the 2nd and 4th quarters.

By the way, that list just gave me a warm and fuzzy about the rotation..... (Not
    ;D)
    [/quote]

true, but minus one williams, run defense was not an issue when he was out!!..

besides getting EJ back will be a huge benefit to us...
    [/quote]
    Hard to compare what with how the Iggles very seldom run the ball, however, Phat Pats impact in the base 4-3 shouldn't just be graded in the running game.
    He does have a role in collapsing the pocket as well.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

I wonder if Phil can do less false starts than Cook has.

I don't think that this will give our QBs much better time in the pocket initially, after watching how this guys feet moves on the long dropbacks.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

I hate being right.

When our DT's are gassed cause there isn't anyone to rotate them with, you guys will be singing a different tune.

;D
    We have five.

Fred Evans
    Jimmy Kennedy
    Letroy Guion
    Tremaine Johnson
    Antoine Holmes

i think we will be just fine at DL... edwards can also play DT in passing situations as well...
    [/quote]
    Beleive it or not, in our Base 4-3, K-will and Phat rotate in and out alot, especially in the 2nd and 4th quarters.

By the way, that list just gave me a warm and fuzzy about the rotation..... (Not
    ;D)
    [/quote]

Otis cannot play DT...
    6-3 - 260 lbs.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "peterson-rox28" wrote:

I hate being right.

;D

My guess is about 5.
    You mean Hicks.
    [/quote]
    Possibly.

[/quote]

[/quote]
    My post could be taken that Hicks is the starter?
    Why do you automatically want to believe I am talking about Cuts?

Trying to pump me for some early info are you?
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=peterson-rox28 link=topic=51630.msg941025#msg941025 date=1240935236]

I hate being right.

;D

My guess is about 5.
    You mean Hicks.
    [/quote]
    Possibly.

[/quote]

[/quote]

agreed!! i think Cook is the morely likely candidate than Mr. Hicks.
    remember Cook was benched in favor of hicks and hicks also started and did very well as the starting LT
    [/quote]
    Seriously, do you really believe Mr. Cooks performance over the last 3 or 4 years warrants a cut?

As much as you guys dislike him, that cat isn't going anywere.
    If for no other reason he provides a damn good backup at RT at C because of his familiarity with the scheme and the players currently on the line which we all know is key to being successfull in the ZB scheme.

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I hate being right.

;D
    We have five.

Fred Evans
    Jimmy Kennedy
    Letroy Guion
    Tremaine Johnson
    Antoine Holmes

[/quote]

;D)
    [/quote]

Otis cannot play DT...
    6-3 - 260 lbs.
    [/quote]
    Sure, on obvious situations were down and distance that dictate the bad guys to pass (3rd and longs) but no way in hell would the staff (even as silly as Leslie is) to put a RDE in at DT in the base 4-3.

If he did, the QB would quickly check out of the pass and run it right down his throat.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51630.msg941014#msg941014 date=1240934475]

I hate being right.

;D
    We have five.

Fred Evans
    Jimmy Kennedy
    Letroy Guion
    Tremaine Johnson
    Antoine Holmes

[/quote]

;D)
    [/quote]

Otis cannot play DT...
    6-3 - 260 lbs.
    [/quote]
    Sure, on obvious situations were down and distance that dictate the bad guys to pass (3rd and longs) but no way in hell would the staff (even as silly as Leslie is) to put a RDE in at DT in the base 4-3.

If he did, the QB would quickly check out of the pass and run it right down his throat.
    [/quote]

oh yeah, no wonder when they play Robison and Edwards at DT on third and long we always get run on
    :

thatjusthappened28 is offline Asst. Coach

Phil Loadholt is gonna be a pimp!

thank you Josdin00 for the amazing sig!

and yes... that just happened!

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast