Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

46 Viking Mock Picks On One site

Our friends over at the "Daily Norseman" have consolidated 46 mock draft picks for the Vikings in one place. It's worth a look.
    http://www.dailynorseman.com/special/2008MockDB
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: 46 Viking Mock Picks On One site

Very interesting picks by people.

In my mock I have Groves, Doucet and Harvey available.
    I have to rethink my pick however as I have us going after Reggie Smith as a Safety but Nodack has convinced me he is better suited/projected as a CB.

Probably would go with Groves right now but I am still only working off of a top 100 that is Senior oriented only.

Waiting for my Ourlads book to get to me.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

I like the Reggie Smith pick.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I did to, however, as a Safety.
    Now Nodack has blown that out of the water for me and has convinced me he is a better CB.

Damn him.
    ;D
    (JK NP)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Now Nodack has blown that out of the water for me and has convinced me he is a better CB.

gol 'darnit him.
    ;D
    (JK NP)
    i just read something to the effect that say we do go corner.. then either gordon, mccauley or preferably Griffin would move to safety... that might be interesting especially if griffin moves over...

http://draftheadquarters.com/index.php/NFL-Draft-College-Football-Draft/Home/cat_id/34343
    The Vikings could use help at both wide receiver and defensive end, but they could also use a playmaker for their secondary. While they would love to have Kenny Phillips fall to them, Smith is easily the second best safety available this year. The Oklahoma star is as versatile as you can get as a defensive back and is being projected as a cornerback as well safety. The Vikes could use some help at nickel back and they could use a star at safety, which makes Smith such a great pick. Calais Campbell, Derrick Harvey, DeSean Jackson, James Hardy, and Mario Manningham are other options.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

Of all those 46 mocks, (the most) 9 of them have us choosing DeSean Jackson at WR or Derrick Harvey at DE.
    I think the Vikes will go for a safety first. JMHO
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

gol 'darnit him.

;D
    (JK NP)
    i just read something to the effect that say we do go corner.. then either gordon, mccauley or preferably Griffin would move to safety... that might be interesting especially if griffin moves over...
    Were did you read it?

I kept a whole thread going for weeks on moving a S, (first thought was Winny then Garland Greene pointed out that Griff was a better fit), on that very subject.

Most people contend that we don't have any worries at S (thier daft IMHO) or at CB and that I was being to reactionary for even discussing it.

Silly PPO'rs.
    ;D

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    http://draftheadquarters.com/index.php/NFL-Draft-College-Football-Draft/Home/cat_id/34343
    The Vikings could use help at both wide receiver and defensive end, but they could also use a playmaker for their secondary. While they would love to have Kenny Phillips fall to them, Smith is easily the second best safety available this year. The Oklahoma star is as versatile as you can get as a defensive back and is being projected as a cornerback as well safety. The Vikes could use some help at nickel back and they could use a star at safety, which makes Smith such a great pick. Calais Campbell, Derrick Harvey, DeSean Jackson, James Hardy, and Mario Manningham are other options.
    Alright, I am now ignoring Nodack Paul and going back to projecting him as a S.

(By the way, you and NP are killing me with this decision)
    ;D

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

gol 'darnit him.
    ;D
    (JK NP)
    Were did you read it?

I kept a whole thread going for weeks on moving a S, (first thought was Winny then Garland Greene pointed out that Griff was a better fit), on that very subject.

Most people contend that we don't have any worries at S (thier daft IMHO) or at CB and that I was being to reactionary for even discussing it.

Silly PPO'rs.
    ;D

i read it in the 46 draft thread in the far right column on one of the picks.. i think it had us taking leonidis or one of the top corners...

either way, there are options in the secondary where i don't think we need to be tied to a safety if it doesn't work out.. bc corners can move to safety but not necessarily the other way around... we have a lot of young corners on the team and it wouldn't be the worst thing if they can tackle and lay the wood for them to make the move...

i look at Griffin as a younger version of sharper possibly back there... and due to the lack of depth with all the guys back there leaving via free agency. i'm not sold that we'll get rid of smith.. if not just for depth purposes... hey chilly could have suspended him but he went against the iron fist / better judgment and decided not too....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast