Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    32 teams in 32 days: Minnesota P(re)view

    We continue our ... (ahem) ... daily team-by-team look at the NFL with the Vikings, a club that managed to be exactly average at 8-8 despite some very extraordinary happenings. If this team can shore up its weaknesses, the sky, or at least the roof of the Metrodome, appears to be the limit.
    coldhardfootballfacts.com
    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2181_32_teams_in_32_days%3A_Minnesota.html


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  2. #2
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: 32 teams in 32 days: Minnesota P(re)view

    "skum" wrote:
    We continue our ... (ahem) ... daily team-by-team look at the NFL with the Vikings, a club that managed to be exactly average at 8-8 despite some very extraordinary happenings. If this team can shore up its weaknesses, the sky, or at least the roof of the Metrodome, appears to be the limit.
    coldhardfootballfacts.com
    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2181_32_teams_in_32_days%3A_Minnesota.html
    Where did he pull the average QB rating of 74, T-Jack had 70 if memory serves me right.
    I also didn't remember BB or Holcomb tearing it up, I suppose they counted the great QBing by our WR core that helped out
    ;D.

    Crud I guess BB had an 88 QB rating so that's part of it.

    Second oh crud, Holcomb had a 73 QB rating.........oh boy.

  3. #3
    SharperImage's Avatar
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,721

    Re: 32 teams in 32 days: Minnesota P(re)view

    2008 Draft power: 1st (17), 2nd (48), 3rd (74), 3rd (83, from Denver) 4th (114), 5th (145), 6th (176), 6th (186, from Jacksonville for Troy Williamson), 7th (194, from St. Louis for Adam Goldberg), 7th, (208)
    we got 10 picks

  4. #4
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,207

    Re: 32 teams in 32 days: Minnesota P(re)view

    "SharperImage" wrote:
    2008 Draft power: 1st (17), 2nd (48), 3rd (74), 3rd (83, from Denver) 4th (114), 5th (145), 6th (176), 6th (186, from Jacksonville for Troy Williamson), 7th (194, from St. Louis for Adam Goldberg), 7th, (208)
    we got 10 picks
    I thought we gave up one of those 6th rounders last year in a trade for Holcomb.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #5
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: 32 teams in 32 days: Minnesota P(re)view

    "SharperImage" wrote:
    2008 Draft power: 1st (17), 2nd (48), 3rd (74), 3rd (83, from Denver) 4th (114), 5th (145), 6th (176), 6th (186, from Jacksonville for Troy Williamson), 7th (194, from St. Louis for Adam Goldberg), 7th, (208)
    we got 10 picks
    I actually think thats wrong, we traded our 6th for Holcolmb so we only have the Jags 6th


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  6. #6
    urvaday is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    42

    Re: 32 teams in 32 days: Minnesota P(re)view

    how did we get the 3rd rounder from denver ???

  7. #7
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: 32 teams in 32 days: Minnesota P(re)view

    This is the best link I've seen with respect to tracking our draft picks but basically......

    Unspecified Rounds


    Vikings > Jets (conditional) — Traded Brooks Bollinger to Vikings for C.J. Mosley, undisclosed conditional draft pick (?-?) on 8/31/06


    74 3-10 Broncos > Vikings — Traded 2007 fourth round pick (#121-Marcus Thomas) to Broncos for 2007 sixth round pick (#176-Rufus Alexander), 2007 seventh round pick (#233-Chandler Williams), 2008 third round pick (?-?) on 4/29/07

    187 6-27 Jaguars > Vikings — Traded Troy Williamson to Jaguars for 2008 sixth round pick (?-?) on 2/29/08

    194 7-2 Rams > Vikings — Traded Adam Goldberg to Rams for 2008 seventh round pick (?-?) on 9/2/06

    http://www.n-c-systems.com/football/...ades/2008.html
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #8
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: 32 teams in 32 days: Minnesota P(re)view

    What a excellent read my friend.
    Finally a author who actually backs up his well researched statements with facts.

    Even with question marks surrounding Tarvaris Jackson at QB, this looks like a potential playoff team for 2008. Their young players have been baptized by fire, getting in the lineup earlier than most, and this is a tried-and-true formula for growth in the NFL.
    Says it all right there doesn't it.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    215

    Re: 32 teams in 32 days: Minnesota P(re)view

    I thought this was brought up before, but I thought our other 6th round pick for Holcomb was for 2009? I could be wrong, but I thought I saw somewhere that it was for 2009 maybe not??? Either way 9 picks is still nice, 10 is even better
    ;D

  10. #10
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,226

    Re: 32 teams in 32 days: Minnesota P(re)view

    "Schutz" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:
    We continue our ... (ahem) ... daily team-by-team look at the NFL with the Vikings, a club that managed to be exactly average at 8-8 despite some very extraordinary happenings. If this team can shore up its weaknesses, the sky, or at least the roof of the Metrodome, appears to be the limit.
    coldhardfootballfacts.com
    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2181_32_teams_in_32_days%3A_Minnesota.html
    Where did he pull the average QB rating of 74, T-Jack had 70 if memory serves me right.
    I also didn't remember BB or Holcomb tearing it up, I suppose they counted the great QBing by our WR core that helped out
    ;D.

    Crud I guess BB had an 88 QB rating so that's part of it.

    Second oh crud, Holcomb had a 73 QB rating.........oh boy.
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/min/2007.htm

    Yep a team rating of 74.2 despite T-Jacks 70.8 rating. Can only go up right? Seriously, right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Leber's days in Minnesota all but over
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-28-2011, 01:14 PM
  2. Possible 2011 Brett Favre NFL teams #1: Minnesota
    By soonerbornNbred in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-03-2011, 05:34 PM
  3. 32 teams in 32 days, NFL network
    By jargomcfargo in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-10-2008, 02:41 AM
  4. Ranking the most popular teams in Minnesota
    By cogitans in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-19-2007, 11:31 AM
  5. Outside view on new Vikings
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-28-2006, 01:43 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •