Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 3 round mock draft on footballsfuture.com

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Not bad...I've read alot of Mocks...its hard to really lock on a position becuase FA will determine alot about our draft.
    very true. but thats the point. its all speculation. it gives us something to talk about.
    We're bringing purple back.

A LB and then two secondary players....I think that is someone who is too lazy to put together a competent mock. We definitely need a good LB but I see O-Line and possibly RB as the other areas we need more than secondary help.

Just me.

-DD
    The Betic Always Gets His Shot!

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Kelly Jennings (2nd Round)

Kelly Jennings
    2006 NFL Draft Prospect
    Position: Cornerback
    School: Miami (FL)
    Height: 6-0
    Weight: 177
    40-Yard Dash: 4.41 (est)

Positives:
    Kelly Jennings, one of the best three cornerbacks in an average 2006 class, is a fast, athletic cornerback who excels at playing off of opposing wide receivers. He also plays well in man-to-man coverage with most wideouts. He is known as a ballhawk-type of corner who plays the ball well in flight.

With 13 passes deflected and three interceptions in 2005, Jennings anchored the Miami secondary despite not seeing many balls thrown in his direction. NFL scouts regard him as a hard worker who is always trying to improve his game. Also, his size (six foot) is highly desirable on the NFL level.

Negatives:
    Jennings tends to have some problems with more physical receivers due to his slight frame. He will definitely be told to bulk up some by whatever team drafts him in April. Also, Jennings has a penchant for getting beat on out routes and curls because of the space he gives to receivers. When he can’t use his speed to catch up, it means trouble for his defense. Tackling and contact isn’t his strongest suit, and he’ll need to prove that he isn’t afraid of contact to excel at the next level.

Overview:
    In Jennings, you are looking at late-first, early-second round pick who is probably most suited for nickel back when he first arrives in the NFL. He is thought of as one of the top cornerbacks in the draft, along with Virginia Tech’s Jimmy Williams and Tennessee’s Jason Allen. The possibility to start does exist though, if a team with a serious need at corner selects him (i.e. New Orleans).

No way.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"IbleedPURPLEandGOLD" wrote:
    This mock is horrid. For whats out there, and positions. Horrid.

1st- RB
    2nd- OLB
    3rd- O line
    4- SS
    I agree:

STUD RB
    STUD LB
    Backup OL
    Backup SS

Special Teamers in Rounds 5-7
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

no way we want to rely on rookies another year. after free agency we'll have an idea of what were going to draft. i don't wanna rely on a rookie, lb, cb, and safety unless we grab a free agent for about 2 years or so.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

ancoin is offline Starter

I really like Greenway he is the perfect OLB for cover 2. he played FS i high school and is really good i zone also Aaron Harris ILB from Texans how plays Cover 2

Thank to Lotza

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "IbleedPURPLEandGOLD" wrote:
    This mock is horrid. For whats out there, and positions. Horrid.

1st- RB
    2nd- OLB
    3rd- O line
    4- SS
    I agree:

STUD RB
    STUD LB
    Backup OL
    Backup SS

Special Teamers in Rounds 5-7
    Yeah I agree. It really isn't that great of a mock.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

what a crap mock
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

DogPound is offline Rookie

I really think the Vikes will draft a RB with the first pick and this is why!

The major need on Offense is RB and OL ...You can get very good OL men in the 2nd to 4th rounds and free agent OL men are not gonna cost you as much as as other players so I can see us taking one in the draft between rounds 2-4 or getting a free agent line men. With us moving to the "Tampa 2" I dont see us taking a line backer in the first because I see us getting some free agents who know the system because rookies may not grasp the system the first year. I do see us taking a linebacker but in rounds 2 or 3. That way if our rookie LB does not grasp the system it would not be as much of a wasted pick. Safety position is a need I think we will fill via free agency aswell they do aot more coverage in the tampa 2 and rookie safetys are not know for the coverage skills as they are for laying the smack on a player. Thus I see us taking a Running back and one who can carry the ball more than 18 times a game. Ideal would White but after the rose bowl I could see him being gone before Maroney. I think Maroney is very talented and would not be dissapointed if we drafted him, although I would not be as comfortable with him being able to carry the rock that much as I would White.... Just my thoughts!
    ~ I BLEED PURPLE!! ~

I agree with above... most great offensive lineman are still avalible in the 2nd round.... i think that if Maroney or White is available at 17 we have to take a chance on one of them. Smith has problems, memo gets hurt left and right, bennet has gone to crap, and fason just isn't very good... i think we need to go get a premier running back, then draft o-line, then in the 3rd and 4th get some players to start up our Tampa 2.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast