Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    26-27-60 Results Are In!

    Remember the goal is to score a 26 or higher on the Wonderlic, start 27 or more games over your college career, and complete 60% or more of your passes during said college career
    26-27-60 Results Are In!

    Some very suprising results. hmy:

    I found the comments in the comment section interesting, especially this one.....

    Well let me break it down for you People like Locker more because of his personality and leadership as opposed to Mallet who they say is not so much of a people person. (I don’t personally know if its true but really only the teams do anyway)

    Plus the reason that Lockers 54% is better is because you have to look at the circumstances not just the numbers. Yes he played in a weaker conference but he also played on a far worse team. His O-Line has been the worst in his conference every year except for this one and it still wasn’t anywhere near good. He also had forty four (44) drops this year by his receivers. Take that number down to an average number like say Luck’s 12 and his % is over 60. He is also more athletic (combine says he is on par with Newton) Mike Mayock says that he is one of the best he has ever seen when throwing on the run and outside of the pocket (which he had to do a lot because of the bad O-Line)

    The reason people don’t like Mallets is because he was on a good team with a good O-Line and when the pocket was clean he can make all the throws in the world and look for a HOF but when hes pressured at all or has to move outside of the pocket his accuracy goes to hell. He has also been described as a statue standing still in the pocket (extremely slow footed).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #2
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: 26-27-60 Results Are In!

    Almost tracks along the lines of he previous article....

    I'm not going to draw any conclusions about these players' football intelligence, or lack thereof, based on Wonderlic scores. I encourage you to keep an open mind as well. But unless and until the NFL stops giving the Wonderlic test, we have to assume the scores will play some role in ranking and grading prospects.

    Wonderlic scores of quarterback prospects
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #3
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: 26-27-60 Results Are In!

    Posting a few here from Shawn Zobel's twitter

    http://twitter.com/ShawnZobel_DHQ

    CB Patrick Peterson - 9
    WR A.J. Green - 10
    WR Julio Jones - 15
    RB Kendall Hunter - 9
    CB Prince Amukamara – 35
    QB Nathan Enderle – 38
    OT Anthony Castonzo – 41
    OG Danny Watkins – 40
    QB Scott Tolzien – 38
    TE Julius Thomas – 35
    OG Steve Schilling - 35
    CB Chris Culliver - 9


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  4. #4
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: 26-27-60 Results Are In!

    From the bottom of the second article....
    Sample Wonderlic Test
    Not sure, but I think I got them all correct. Depends on if I am allowed the ? (instead of 1/8'th) on the first one.

    Damn, I can be a QB.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: 26-27-60 Results Are In!

    Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1091896
    Posting a few here from Shawn Zobel's twitter

    http://twitter.com/ShawnZobel_DHQ

    CB Patrick Peterson - 9
    WR A.J. Green - 10
    WR Julio Jones - 15
    RB Kendall Hunter - 9
    CB Prince Amukamara – 35
    QB Nathan Enderle – 38
    OT Anthony Castonzo – 41
    OG Danny Watkins – 40
    QB Scott Tolzien – 38
    TE Julius Thomas – 35
    OG Steve Schilling - 35
    CB Chris Culliver - 9
    LOL, guess you don't have to be smart to be a FB player. :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 26-27-60 Results Are In!

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091898
    Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1091896
    Posting a few here from Shawn Zobel's twitter

    http://twitter.com/ShawnZobel_DHQ

    CB Patrick Peterson - 9
    WR A.J. Green - 10
    WR Julio Jones - 15
    RB Kendall Hunter - 9
    CB Prince Amukamara – 35
    QB Nathan Enderle – 38
    OT Anthony Castonzo – 41
    OG Danny Watkins – 40
    QB Scott Tolzien – 38
    TE Julius Thomas – 35
    OG Steve Schilling - 35
    CB Chris Culliver - 9
    LOL, guess you don't have to be smart to be a FB player. :laugh:
    Hey Marr- Check out this little gem:
    http://fantasyfootballmetrics.com/Player_News/2011/NFL%20Draft/Draft_2011_Stanzi%20Wonderlic%20_3-11-11%20%202.0.htm

    The road to Ricky Stanzi becoming a possible 2011 1st Round NFL pick just took a huge step forward....

    I have it from a very reliable source that Ricky Stanzi has scored a 30 on his Wonderlic test at the NFL Combine, which is above the critical levels on the Wonderlic test for a College QB. Stanzi scored above the level that most NFL GM's and NFL "War Rooms" consider a key piece of positive background/scouting information for a prospective NFL QB.

    Looks like my boy is starting to make a push to the top.......

  7. #7
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: 26-27-60 Results Are In!

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1091925
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091898
    Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1091896
    Posting a few here from Shawn Zobel's twitter

    http://twitter.com/ShawnZobel_DHQ

    CB Patrick Peterson - 9
    WR A.J. Green - 10
    WR Julio Jones - 15
    RB Kendall Hunter - 9
    CB Prince Amukamara – 35
    QB Nathan Enderle – 38
    OT Anthony Castonzo – 41
    OG Danny Watkins – 40
    QB Scott Tolzien – 38
    TE Julius Thomas – 35
    OG Steve Schilling - 35
    CB Chris Culliver - 9
    LOL, guess you don't have to be smart to be a FB player. :laugh:
    Hey Marr- Check out this little gem:
    http://fantasyfootballmetrics.com/Player_News/2011/NFL%20Draft/Draft_2011_Stanzi%20Wonderlic%20_3-11-11%20%202.0.htm

    The road to Ricky Stanzi becoming a possible 2011 1st Round NFL pick just took a huge step forward....

    I have it from a very reliable source that Ricky Stanzi has scored a 30 on his Wonderlic test at the NFL Combine, which is above the critical levels on the Wonderlic test for a College QB. Stanzi scored above the level that most NFL GM's and NFL "War Rooms" consider a key piece of positive background/scouting information for a prospective NFL QB.

    Looks like my boy is starting to make a push to the top.......
    LOL, keep singing his praises my friend.

    In the end, I really like the kid, especially in the second. Problem for me, the reputable sites have him pretty low, and probably not even a 2nd round pick.

    QUARTERBACKS
    1 Taylor, Tyrod Virginia Tech
    2 Locker, Jake Washington
    3 Newton, Cam Auburn
    4 Ponder, Christian Florida State
    5 Kaepernick, Colin Nevada
    6 Portis, Josh California (PA)
    7 Gabbert, Blaine Missouri
    Mr. Average
    8 Van Camp, Jeff Florida Atlantic
    9 Tolzien, Scott Wisconsin
    10 Devlin, Pat Delaware
    11 Johnson, Jerrod Texas A&M
    12 Dalton, Andy TCU
    13 Colburn, Ryan Fresno State
    14 Yates, TJ North Carolina
    15 Stanzi, Ricky Iowa
    16 McElroy, Greg Alabama
    17 Enderle, Nathan Idaho
    For each position below, we have ranked the players listed by a special Ourlads’ formula we call OSR (Ourlads Statistical Rating). Each workout field is weighted to the importance of the position – i.e.: for quarterbacks – height, the short shuttle, 3 cone drill, and Wonderlic test are the most important. Broad jump, vertical jump, 40-yard dash, and 20-yard dash are also important, but not as important as the first four mentioned. For defensive linemen – emphasis is put on the 10-yard dash (shows first step explosion), short shuttle (shows change of direction quickness), and bench press (for upper body strength), then the height, weight, and speed, etc. These are all tools for evaluation, but nothing takes the place of game day productivity. Some athletes are listed at two positions.
    Ourlads Post Combine Rankings
    Not sure how Tyrod Taylor got that high though so I guess its all how you take it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Similar Threads

  1. PPO FF Week 7 Results
    By C Mac D in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-26-2009, 12:50 PM
  2. PP.O Week 3 FF Results
    By Formo in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-02-2009, 06:03 AM
  3. PP.O Week 2 FF results
    By Formo in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-23-2009, 10:43 AM
  4. LSU Pro Day Results
    By cajunvike in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-28-2008, 01:59 PM
  5. Pro Day Results
    By rdknieff in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-13-2006, 05:58 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •