Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 61
  1. #21
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re:2010 Vikings Roster Analysis

    Marrdro wrote:
    ...
    By the way, you say this every year because you get wrapped up in the "Right Wrong" "Owned" crap instead of just having a football discussion...
    Here are a few 'owned' plugs you can use if you change your stance.

















    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  2. #22
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re:2010 Vikings Roster Analysis

    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    mountainviking wrote:
    Nice Work! Very in depth and pretty much spot on! Thanks!!

    Thats not very many open spots, and most of them aren't immediate needs either. DT does seem to be one of the biggest...Pat will retire next year if not now. I totally agree on Ray, Kennedy, Jackson, and Benny Sapp...pretty much need to resign them before Free Agency even starts (more on that below). I also see CT as likely moving on...which may actually help us sign a FA need elsewhere.

    The whole new CBA rules and restrictions things definitely changes things. The way I'm seeing it, there will be 212 players who would have been UFA, but are RFA instead. (seems like pft has been keeping the list below updated) The rules are much different with RFAs...their team gets the right to match any offers, and picks dependent on the salary level they set, but the max is a 1st and 3rd, and the guaranteed salary seems a lot less than what they would be getting if they were true Free agents signing their first BIG contract (with bonus!)

    Long story short, there will be teams willing to give up a 1 and 3 for a guy they know is better than anyone available at their pick. And, there will be players ready and willing to sign a better offer elsewhere! Plus, these guys are free to talk to whoever they want, no tampering, and, although the owners seem to have agreed on No More Poison Pills...they might be tempting in this market!?

    While this dynamic works well for us at the moment, since we have few needs, a late pick anyway, and can afford to throw a 1 and 3 at somebody that is way more likely to make us better now, (And, trades and RFAs are unaffected by the final eight limitations!) we better look out for our own guys too! IF we want Ray to stick around, we best be signing him before somebody else gets in his ear and into his wallet!!

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/31/the-212-players-who-wont-be-unrestricted-free-agents/
    What a quality reply. Fits exactly into that which I seem to struggle with.

    If for some reason, we do decide to invest a 1rst and a 3rd, what position do you think they need to fix right now and who do you think they would target?

    For the life of me I just can't find a spot on this roster were you would seriously need to do that unless of course you look at something at LT or maybe, just maybe a Vet QB.

    Could you imagine how sick it would be to have the following stable of QBs going into your prime year?

    Starter - Noodle
    Backup/Future starter - McNabb
    TJ - 3rd string and eventual starter if you can't find someone in the next 4 or 5 years.

    Give your first and third to the Iggles, take a DT in the second, and sprinkle in depth at the rest of your second day picks.
    WTF?! Are you serious? I say this every year, I am so glad you don't run this team.
    Stay with the flow of the discussion my friend. Of course I'm not serious. How in the hell would they be able to pay 3 starters.....

    By the way, you say this every year because you get wrapped up in the "Right Wrong" "Owned" crap instead of just having a football discussion.

    In the end, there isn't anything else going on on here now is there.
    Flow of disscusion? Not having a football discussion?

    So is my owned and right/wrong comments crap or your dictating of how a thread should flow?
    I get numerous PM's from posters who won't post cause they are afraid they will be called out.
    The old saying still holds true. If you can't take the heat, get your ass out the kitchen. I get ripped on all the time. Some people need to grow a set.

  3. #23
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re:2010 Vikings Roster Analysis

    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    mountainviking wrote:
    Nice Work! Very in depth and pretty much spot on! Thanks!!

    Thats not very many open spots, and most of them aren't immediate needs either. DT does seem to be one of the biggest...Pat will retire next year if not now. I totally agree on Ray, Kennedy, Jackson, and Benny Sapp...pretty much need to resign them before Free Agency even starts (more on that below). I also see CT as likely moving on...which may actually help us sign a FA need elsewhere.

    The whole new CBA rules and restrictions things definitely changes things. The way I'm seeing it, there will be 212 players who would have been UFA, but are RFA instead. (seems like pft has been keeping the list below updated) The rules are much different with RFAs...their team gets the right to match any offers, and picks dependent on the salary level they set, but the max is a 1st and 3rd, and the guaranteed salary seems a lot less than what they would be getting if they were true Free agents signing their first BIG contract (with bonus!)

    Long story short, there will be teams willing to give up a 1 and 3 for a guy they know is better than anyone available at their pick. And, there will be players ready and willing to sign a better offer elsewhere! Plus, these guys are free to talk to whoever they want, no tampering, and, although the owners seem to have agreed on No More Poison Pills...they might be tempting in this market!?

    While this dynamic works well for us at the moment, since we have few needs, a late pick anyway, and can afford to throw a 1 and 3 at somebody that is way more likely to make us better now, (And, trades and RFAs are unaffected by the final eight limitations!) we better look out for our own guys too! IF we want Ray to stick around, we best be signing him before somebody else gets in his ear and into his wallet!!

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/31/the-212-players-who-wont-be-unrestricted-free-agents/
    What a quality reply. Fits exactly into that which I seem to struggle with.

    If for some reason, we do decide to invest a 1rst and a 3rd, what position do you think they need to fix right now and who do you think they would target?

    For the life of me I just can't find a spot on this roster were you would seriously need to do that unless of course you look at something at LT or maybe, just maybe a Vet QB.

    Could you imagine how sick it would be to have the following stable of QBs going into your prime year?

    Starter - Noodle
    Backup/Future starter - McNabb
    TJ - 3rd string and eventual starter if you can't find someone in the next 4 or 5 years.

    Give your first and third to the Iggles, take a DT in the second, and sprinkle in depth at the rest of your second day picks.
    WTF?! Are you serious? I say this every year, I am so glad you don't run this team.
    Stay with the flow of the discussion my friend. Of course I'm not serious. How in the hell would they be able to pay 3 starters.....

    By the way, you say this every year because you get wrapped up in the "Right Wrong" "Owned" crap instead of just having a football discussion.

    In the end, there isn't anything else going on on here now is there.
    Flow of disscusion? Not having a football discussion?

    So is my owned and right/wrong comments crap or your dictating of how a thread should flow?
    I get numerous PM's from posters who won't post cause they are afraid they will be called out.
    The old saying still holds true. If you can't take the heat, get your ass out the kitchen. I get ripped on all the time. Some people need to grow a set.
    OK, that was fun, back on topic. Whats up with your roster analysis? You posting one this year?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #24
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re:2010 Vikings Roster Analysis

    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    mountainviking wrote:
    Nice Work! Very in depth and pretty much spot on! Thanks!!

    Thats not very many open spots, and most of them aren't immediate needs either. DT does seem to be one of the biggest...Pat will retire next year if not now. I totally agree on Ray, Kennedy, Jackson, and Benny Sapp...pretty much need to resign them before Free Agency even starts (more on that below). I also see CT as likely moving on...which may actually help us sign a FA need elsewhere.

    The whole new CBA rules and restrictions things definitely changes things. The way I'm seeing it, there will be 212 players who would have been UFA, but are RFA instead. (seems like pft has been keeping the list below updated) The rules are much different with RFAs...their team gets the right to match any offers, and picks dependent on the salary level they set, but the max is a 1st and 3rd, and the guaranteed salary seems a lot less than what they would be getting if they were true Free agents signing their first BIG contract (with bonus!)

    Long story short, there will be teams willing to give up a 1 and 3 for a guy they know is better than anyone available at their pick. And, there will be players ready and willing to sign a better offer elsewhere! Plus, these guys are free to talk to whoever they want, no tampering, and, although the owners seem to have agreed on No More Poison Pills...they might be tempting in this market!?

    While this dynamic works well for us at the moment, since we have few needs, a late pick anyway, and can afford to throw a 1 and 3 at somebody that is way more likely to make us better now, (And, trades and RFAs are unaffected by the final eight limitations!) we better look out for our own guys too! IF we want Ray to stick around, we best be signing him before somebody else gets in his ear and into his wallet!!

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/31/the-212-players-who-wont-be-unrestricted-free-agents/
    What a quality reply. Fits exactly into that which I seem to struggle with.

    If for some reason, we do decide to invest a 1rst and a 3rd, what position do you think they need to fix right now and who do you think they would target?

    For the life of me I just can't find a spot on this roster were you would seriously need to do that unless of course you look at something at LT or maybe, just maybe a Vet QB.

    Could you imagine how sick it would be to have the following stable of QBs going into your prime year?

    Starter - Noodle
    Backup/Future starter - McNabb
    TJ - 3rd string and eventual starter if you can't find someone in the next 4 or 5 years.

    Give your first and third to the Iggles, take a DT in the second, and sprinkle in depth at the rest of your second day picks.
    WTF?! Are you serious? I say this every year, I am so glad you don't run this team.
    Stay with the flow of the discussion my friend. Of course I'm not serious. How in the hell would they be able to pay 3 starters.....

    By the way, you say this every year because you get wrapped up in the "Right Wrong" "Owned" crap instead of just having a football discussion.

    In the end, there isn't anything else going on on here now is there.
    Flow of disscusion? Not having a football discussion?

    So is my owned and right/wrong comments crap or your dictating of how a thread should flow?
    I get numerous PM's from posters who won't post cause they are afraid they will be called out.
    The old saying still holds true. If you can't take the heat, get your ass out the kitchen. I get ripped on all the time. Some people need to grow a set.
    OK, that was fun, back on topic. Whats up with your roster analysis? You posting one this year?
    Short but to the point.

    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php/community/discussion/55-vikings-2010-faoffseasondraft-thread/1040041-2010-nfl-mock-draft-6-rounds#1040069

  5. #25
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    969

    Re:2010 Vikings Roster Analysis

    Interesting analysis... but I noticed all of your future depth was being added on the second day... in your opinion are we just skipping the first day of the draft? While it's great not to have first day "needs"... it would have been more complete to prioritize what you view as our needs into first and second day draft choices.

    As for McK... I can't see the team letting him go after the ProBowl incident but I do see a VERY short leash on him. Why? Well 1) because he kept his nose clean and 2) because the team is right on the brink at the line. If you keep McK, you have solid veterans at LT and LG... you have a 3 year?? started with Herrera at RG (who hopefully can improve his play), a 3rd year (2nd year starter) at center, and a 2nd year starter at RT. It's a nice mix of experience and youth which can provide protection, open holes, and hopefully continue to evolve as Hutch than McK age out... if we go with a new LT we'll have 3 guys (60% of the line) in their 1st or 2nd year starting... the line is far too important to enter the NFL with that big of a question mark on this talented of a team.

    The team has no real needs this year... it's almost scary if you get drafted by the Vikes... you could be a 1st day pick and still end up on the PS. Maybe we need to think more radical? Frankly, the Cover 2 D is old... people are constantly migrating away from it at this point... going to move 3-4 D's... more Man D's... while I agree we don't have the personnel for a 3-4 on the team... if we spent our 3?? 1st day picks on a big DT (move K-Will and Jimmy K to DE's), a Clay Matthews like blitzing LB (I think EJ, Leber, and Greenway could all play LB fine in a 3-4, I also think Allen would adjust better than Kampman), and a play making safety or coverage CB... we'd have a LOT of flexibility on D. On Day 2 we could draft a project QB, an interior lineman (incase Herrera doesn't return to form or Hutch's injuries persist), a kicker (I agree, Touchbacks are nice), and maybe a flyer on a 4.3 RB/WR or a FB.

    We're entering a crossroads IMO where we may be more limited by our schemes than by our players. Assuming Favre is back, no coach on the staff can complain they don't have the guys to fit the scheme... so if things aren't working... it's either a scheme issue or a coaching issue... either way, it looks bad for the coach. Is Zone blocking really what we want or should we model the Dallas Cowboy mauler's of the 90s? Do we really want to run a West Coast offense that only seasoned vets seem to be comfortable with or should we transition to something that TJ or a project college QB can effectively run more quickly? Do we really want to keep playing the Cover 2? Do we want to run Wildcat? Because we are so solid and so deep in the schemes we are currently running, this draft is the perfect opportunity to explore new options if we'd like to consider them.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

  6. #26
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    969

    Re:2010 Vikings Roster Analysis

    Interesting tidbits in here...

    http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/02/14/vikings-will-give-favre-time-want-taylor-back/

    Team expects Phat Pat back... I believe his fate is tied to Favre and he'll do what Favre does...

    They want to re-sign CT... no big surprise there but I'm curious what they'll offer him... remember, the Steelers stole Mewelde Moore (IMO just as good of a 3rd down back) for something like $1.5M a year?

    Team plans to offer Ray Edwards a 1 year tender... this one surprised me... why only 1 year? Are they looking to save money for a lockout in 2011? Do they think Robinson is going to push him for the starting job? Are they planning to draft a DE? To me, a 1 year tender does not equate to long term solution at the position.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

  7. #27
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re:2010 Vikings Roster Analysis

    Where will Chester Taylor play in 2010?

    Interesting look at the teams who will (should) be interested in signing CT...one being the Deadskins which I'm sure will just tickle Marr.

    He is a back with low miles on the tires and a back that should demand some big coin once free agency kicks off on March 5.

    So, who needs him and who could make Taylor an offer he can’t refuse? Let’s look at five teams (outside of the Vikings) who I believe should put together a solid deal to bring Taylor to town…
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  8. #28
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re:2010 Vikings Roster Analysis

    Marrdro wrote:
    ...I dictate nothing, but I do think that the whole "Who's right/Who's wrong" and "Owned" thing kindof takes away from the site.

    I get numerous PM's from posters who won't post cause they are afraid they will be called out.

    I mean seriously, how can anyone be considered right or wrong? None of us are pro's at this....

    In the end, post what you will. I will still read it.
    Everyone is an idiot.

    If someone is such a pansy that they are afraid of getting called out for saying something stupid then they should not be posting on an NFL message board. Fanatics hang out there. If people weren't allowed to disagree and argue, er, discuss things, then it wouldn't be much of a message board. Say what you want and if someone wants to trash what you say, then, more power to them. Who cares? Does anyone truly care what someone with a fake name and identity says to them about something neither of them know about when standing on the foundation of feigned expertise? I think not.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  9. #29
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    969

    Re:2010 Vikings Roster Analysis

    Prophet wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    ...I dictate nothing, but I do think that the whole "Who's right/Who's wrong" and "Owned" thing kindof takes away from the site.

    I get numerous PM's from posters who won't post cause they are afraid they will be called out.

    I mean seriously, how can anyone be considered right or wrong? None of us are pro's at this....

    In the end, post what you will. I will still read it.
    Everyone is an idiot.

    If someone is such a pansy that they are afraid of getting called out for saying something stupid then they should not be posting on an NFL message board. Fanatics hang out there. If people weren't allowed to disagree and argue, er, discuss things, then it wouldn't be much of a message board. Say what you want and if someone wants to trash what you say, then, more power to them. Who cares? Does anyone truly care what someone with a fake name and identity says to them about something neither of them know about when standing on the foundation of feigned expertise? I think not.
    Unfortunately, as evident by Marrdro's post, you're wrong... people do care about how they're treated on this board even by annonymous strangers. Speaking only for himself, I often times stop coming to the board simply because of the negativity of a few. I come here for intelligent football discussion... to hear the opinions of others... not for the bickerfests... the name calling... the one upsmanship... the constant derailing of threads... those things do not add to the board, they detract from it. They create a hostile environment that some people, like myself, do not find enjoyable enough to frequest in their spare time. If the board values those posters and their material more than the posters it drives away, such as myself, than I can understand the mods allowing it and fostering that environment. I never got the impression that was really the case but I have been wrong before.

    Sorry for the threadjack Marrdro. You still haven't responded to my post calling you out for not having any first day draft needs or being radical this offseason!
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

  10. #30
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re:2010 Vikings Roster Analysis

    BleedinPandG wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    ...I dictate nothing, but I do think that the whole "Who's right/Who's wrong" and "Owned" thing kindof takes away from the site.

    I get numerous PM's from posters who won't post cause they are afraid they will be called out.

    I mean seriously, how can anyone be considered right or wrong? None of us are pro's at this....

    In the end, post what you will. I will still read it.
    Everyone is an idiot.

    If someone is such a pansy that they are afraid of getting called out for saying something stupid then they should not be posting on an NFL message board. Fanatics hang out there. If people weren't allowed to disagree and argue, er, discuss things, then it wouldn't be much of a message board. Say what you want and if someone wants to trash what you say, then, more power to them. Who cares? Does anyone truly care what someone with a fake name and identity says to them about something neither of them know about when standing on the foundation of feigned expertise? I think not.
    Unfortunately, as evident by Marrdro's post, you're wrong... people do care about how they're treated on this board even by annonymous strangers. Speaking only for himself, I often times stop coming to the board simply because of the negativity of a few. I come here for intelligent football discussion... to hear the opinions of others... not for the bickerfests... the name calling... the one upsmanship... the constant derailing of threads... those things do not add to the board, they detract from it. They create a hostile environment that some people, like myself, do not find enjoyable enough to frequest in their spare time. If the board values those posters and their material more than the posters it drives away, such as myself, than I can understand the mods allowing it and fostering that environment. I never got the impression that was really the case but I have been wrong before.

    Sorry for the threadjack Marrdro. You still haven't responded to my post calling you out for not having any first day draft needs or being radical this offseason!
    Well, that's like being surprised by going to a site like bigbreastedwomen.com and being surprised that there are breasts on it.

    For the most part you can either join in on bickering or not join in on bickering. There are some members that constantly go after each other and that is what they call fun.

    So, based on what you're saying, if someone comes on here and starts a thread that says, "Sage Rosenfels is an HOF QB" that people should just hold hands and agree?

    The rules on the site say to go after the content of the post, not the individual. That is what it should be. If someone can't handle having their posts critiqued then they should be posting on their word processor, not a site that has 9,000+ members where any asshat can sign up for free.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MVC 2010 Roster
    By Dekay in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-17-2010, 02:58 PM
  2. First Roster Moves Of 2010
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 09:46 PM
  3. Official 2010-11 Roster Analysis Thread
    By jkjuggalo in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 09:13 PM
  4. Marrdro's 2009 Roster Analysis - (53 Man Roster Finalized - How did I do?)
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: 09-06-2009, 11:22 AM
  5. Marrdro's Roster Analysis (New Roster Analysis Added)
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 07:27 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •