i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re:2010 NFL Draft Trades

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Good stuff my friend.

I found this site the other day snooping about for rumors/visists/team interest etc.

http://www.nfl-trade-rumors.com/

Anyway, back to the discussion, I am starting to get a feeling that the art of "Trading" might be coming back in this "UNCAPPED" environment that will be this offseason and should make it very interesting.
    Feb 24 2010 11:40:33
    Vikings trade Pats QB Brady for 1st and 3rd round

(not so sure about that one...)
    I would cream my pants, but it will never happen.

Would leave the Pats in quite a scenario without a QB.
    It devastated them 2 years ago when Brady went down.
    who's their backup now? (serious question)

there's a difference between losing a QB for a season, and trading away your franchise qb for relatively little. I bet if Cassell started this season, thye wouldn't have done nearly as well as he did two seasons ago.

thatjusthappened28 is offline Asst. Coach

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    HEY wrote:
    More trade talk...
    Players that could be on the block:

[ul]Chargers cornerback Antonio Cromartie.[/ul]
    [ul]Raiders center Jake Grove. The Miami Herald reported that they have talked to the Dolphins (link doesn't work)[/ul]
    [ul]Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe. Not official, but very likely as it has been a rumor for quite a long time now. He has bumped heads with Kansas City head coach Todd Haley alot.[/ul]

Also, our good friends, the Kansas City Chiefs, may be the NFLís most interesting trade partner in 2010. They have a couple of great players that would be a better fit in our scheme.

Safety Jarrod Page has excellent size at over six feet tall and 225 pounds. He has good closing speed and his size and aggressiveness makes him a factor in the running game. He's not fit to cover vast areas of land so he might perform better in our Cover 2 scheme.

OLB Derrick Johnson is the most interesting prospects as he's perhaps the best 4-3 outside linebacker in the NFL. The Chiefs run a 3-4 and he doesn't really fit their scheme.

CB Brandon Carr is another interesting player that would fill a big need this season. Carr is a prototypical Cover 2 corner, but may not be a fit for the Chiefs' more coverage-oriented secondary. He's very young and well-sized.
    I wouldn't mind Page or Carr, but I don't think we need another OLB. Greenway and Leber are fine, i'd be more concerned about filling other holes at this point such as FB, DT, RG, S, CB and MLB
    So because we have Leber we shouldn't look to the future today, we should just wait until the future is staring us in the face and we don't have a OLB ready to go?

Comeon my friend. We probably should have addressed OLB last year, but definately have to do it this year.
    I definitely agree with you sir! only thing is, at this point we are able to possible trade, or draft a OLB that could work in our scheme. In my opinion if we can hold on for one more year, a beast named Travis Lewis will be available next year in the draft. I'd love having him here.

thank you Josdin00 for the amazing sig!

and yes... that just happened!

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    HEY wrote:
    More trade talk...

[ul]Raiders center Jake Grove. The Miami Herald reported that they have talked to the Dolphins (link doesn't work)[/ul]
    [ul]Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe. Not official, but very likely as it has been a rumor for quite a long time now. He has bumped heads with Kansas City head coach Todd Haley alot.[/ul]

Also, our good friends, the Kansas City Chiefs, may be the NFLís most interesting trade partner in 2010. They have a couple of great players that would be a better fit in our scheme.

Safety Jarrod Page has excellent size at over six feet tall and 225 pounds. He has good closing speed and his size and aggressiveness makes him a factor in the running game. He's not fit to cover vast areas of land so he might perform better in our Cover 2 scheme.

OLB Derrick Johnson is the most interesting prospects as he's perhaps the best 4-3 outside linebacker in the NFL. The Chiefs run a 3-4 and he doesn't really fit their scheme.

CB Brandon Carr is another interesting player that would fill a big need this season. Carr is a prototypical Cover 2 corner, but may not be a fit for the Chiefs' more coverage-oriented secondary. He's very young and well-sized.
    I wouldn't mind Page or Carr, but I don't think we need another OLB. Greenway and Leber are fine, i'd be more concerned about filling other holes at this point such as FB, DT, RG, S, CB and MLB
    So because we have Leber we shouldn't look to the future today, we should just wait until the future is staring us in the face and we don't have a OLB ready to go?

Comeon my friend. We probably should have addressed OLB last year, but definately have to do it this year.
    Address, yes. in the draft, or free agency. I don't like the idea of trading for an OLB though.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

thatjusthappened28 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    HEY wrote:
    More trade talk...

I definitely agree with you sir! only thing is, at this point we are able to possible trade, or draft a OLB that could work in our scheme. In my opinion if we can hold on for one more year, a beast named Travis Lewis will be available next year in the draft. I'd love having him here.
    I have a hard enough time trying to figure out who the "Beasts" are this year, let alone tracking a cat for next year.

In short, if I was the GM, maybe I would have him on my radar, but I wouldn't wait. I would go ahead and draft a kid this year and if he didn't work out, I would go for your beast the next year.

If you don't take that mentality, you then wind up in a situation like the Vikes were in after Pepp copped an attitude in 2006. No one on the sideline who was being prepped by the staff to eventually step in.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Good stuff my friend.

I found this site the other day snooping about for rumors/visists/team interest etc.

Anyway, back to the discussion, I am starting to get a feeling that the art of "Trading" might be coming back in this "UNCAPPED" environment that will be this offseason and should make it very interesting.

there's a difference between losing a QB for a season, and trading away your franchise qb for relatively little. I bet if Cassell started this season, thye wouldn't have done nearly as well as he did two seasons ago.
    Who cares (Rowe/Hoyer).....Did you know who Cassel was?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Good stuff my friend.

I did, but not because of skill.

The team isn't as strong now as it was, I don't think Cassel could lead them to 11-5, and the odds of having another guy able to play at Cassel's level is fairly low.

if you were GM of the Pats, would you consider trading Brady for a 1st and 3rd and putting ALL of your faith in the backup?

When Brady got injured, they had no choice. Trading Brady is a fairly large choice, and would be a poor one at that.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Good stuff my friend.

The team isn't as strong now as it was, I don't think Cassel could lead them to 11-5, and the odds of having another guy able to play at Cassel's level is fairly low.

if you were GM of the Pats, would you consider trading Brady for a 1st and 3rd and putting ALL of your faith in the backup?

When Brady got injured, they had no choice. Trading Brady is a fairly large choice, and would be a poor one at that.
    I would have to think hard about a 1st and a 3rd. Probably not enough.

I would do it in a heartbeat for a 1rst, a 3rd and a cat like Ray Edwards (Insert name of player that fills a big hole here).

The other thing I would do is to follow that trade up with a nice press conference that articulated how we had a nice run, but now were in the need to reload. Judging by the way that team reloads, it wouldn't be a hard sell to convince the fans that we weren't that far away.

On a side note (or two), 1)Did you know who Brady was when he opted to go with him?, 2) Don't think for one second that the Pats are that far out of it. They will be competitive this year regardless of what the talking heads are saying on the Disney channel.

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Good stuff my friend.

I would do it in a heartbeat for a 1rst, a 3rd and a cat like Ray Edwards (Insert name of player that fills a big hole here).

The other thing I would do is to follow that trade up with a nice press conference that articulated how we had a nice run, but now were in the need to reload. Judging by the way that team reloads, it wouldn't be a hard sell to convince the fans that we weren't that far away.

On a side note (or two), 1)Did you know who Brady was when he opted to go with him?, 2) Don't think for one second that the Pats are that far out of it. They will be competitive this year regardless of what the talking heads are saying on the Disney channel.
    I'd agree, in that if I were trading, I'd want a player that I know what I'm getting as well as picks.

for 1) again, they had no choice. Bledsoe got hurt, Brady did great. They stuck with Brady, because they liked what they saw
    2. I don't think they're that out of it. You'll have to agree they're not the team they used to be, but they're still a strong team. They have a great offense and a good defense. However, they need a QB to make that offense run. Brady's been doing that by himself for a while, and has been huge in making it run with Welker and Moss. The reason i say Cassel might not be able to repeat his sucess is because of Defense. They don't have the dominant defense that led them to three superbowls. They have a good one, but not great.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Good stuff my friend.

I'd agree, in that if I were trading, I'd want a player that I know what I'm getting as well as picks.

for 1) again, they had no choice. Bledsoe got hurt, Brady did great. They stuck with Brady, because they liked what they saw
    2. I don't think they're that out of it. You'll have to agree they're not the team they used to be, but they're still a strong team. They have a great offense and a good defense. However, they need a QB to make that offense run. Brady's been doing that by himself for a while, and has been huge in making it run with Welker and Moss. The reason i say Cassel might not be able to repeat his sucess is because of Defense. They don't have the dominant defense that led them to three superbowls. They have a good one, but not great.
    What I find curious (now that we've mucked about down that path) with the Pats this year is why didn't his two prized Coordinators come back home?

Did they try and he said no, I have better options, or did they think times are getting desparate in Patsville.

At somepoint, one would think that that staff couldn't continue to be successfull with the way it is consistently raped by other teams.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Good stuff my friend.

What I find curious (now that we've mucked about down that path) with the Pats this year is why didn't his two prized Coordinators come back home?

Did they try and he said no, I have better options, or did they think times are getting desparate in Patsville.

At somepoint, one would think that that staff couldn't continue to be successfull with the way it is consistently raped by other teams.
    I think you're underestimating the ego of Belichek. I think he believes he can win with just about anyone and doesn't want to take a back seat to any supposed guru on his staff. That way no one ever questions why they are sucessful.

On the Brady conversation, I think it would be idiotic to trade him, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast