Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

2010 NFL Draft Trades

The NFL offseason is long and can be dreary at times. Fortunately, the offseason is the time of the year when teams like to trade players and draft picks. I've always found trades to be very fascinating and even rumors can get me excited.

I've not heard about any trades taken place in 2010, but I found two trade discussions on NFL.com:

[ul]According a league source, the Detroit Lions are actively shopping the second overall pick in the NFL draft and already have been in discussions with other teams about the prospect.[/ul]
    [ul]Rams GM Devaney said he was open to trading the No. 1 overall pick on NFL Sirius Radio.
    Scout.com also published an article discussing a possible blockbuster draft trade between the Rams and Bucs who both own a pick in the top 3.[/ul]
    Scout.com NFL Draft Analyst, Chris Steuber:
    Iíve been told that the Rams and Buccaneers have had exploratory discussions on a deal, which would involve the teamís first round selections (No. 1 and 3), possibly one of the Buccaneers second round picks (they have two picks in the second round: No. 35 and 42) or their third round pick (No. 67).
    A source close to the situation in St. Louis told me that if a deal with the Eagles canít be consummated prior to the draft, they may take the Bucs third round pick over one of their second round picks, because theyíre ďvery highĒ on third-year quarterback Josh Johnson, who they would insist being in a potential trade with Tampa Bay. Rams officials compare Johnson favorably to Vick athletically, but they feel that he has a greater upside as a passer.
    The Rams apparently are very high on Josh Johnson. I think the Bucs are stupid if they don't take that deal. Their defensive line need big time help. On the other side, the Rams need help in so many places that a couple of more draft picks will be very helpful, plus they already have a decent young defensive line (they were just as bad as the Bucs last year, but at least they got youth)
    My opinion is that the trade makes sense for both sides. The Bucs need to improve their D-line, and the Rams need to improve on almost everything else.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re:2010 NFL Draft Trades

More trade talk...
    Players that could be on the block:

[ul]Chargers cornerback Antonio Cromartie.[/ul]
    [ul]Raiders center Jake Grove. The Miami Herald reported that they have talked to the Dolphins (link doesn't work)[/ul]
    [ul]Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe. Not official, but very likely as it has been a rumor for quite a long time now. He has bumped heads with Kansas City head coach Todd Haley alot.[/ul]

Also, our good friends, the Kansas City Chiefs, may be the NFLís most interesting trade partner in 2010. They have a couple of great players that would be a better fit in our scheme.

Safety Jarrod Page has excellent size at over six feet tall and 225 pounds. He has good closing speed and his size and aggressiveness makes him a factor in the running game. He's not fit to cover vast areas of land so he might perform better in our Cover 2 scheme.

OLB Derrick Johnson is the most interesting prospects as he's perhaps the best 4-3 outside linebacker in the NFL. The Chiefs run a 3-4 and he doesn't really fit their scheme.

CB Brandon Carr is another interesting player that would fill a big need this season. Carr is a prototypical Cover 2 corner, but may not be a fit for the Chiefs' more coverage-oriented secondary. He's very young and well-sized.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Good stuff my friend.

I found this site the other day snooping about for rumors/visists/team interest etc.

http://www.nfl-trade-rumors.com/

Anyway, back to the discussion, I am starting to get a feeling that the art of "Trading" might be coming back in this "UNCAPPED" environment that will be this offseason and should make it very interesting.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

HEY wrote:
    More trade talk...

[ul]Raiders center Jake Grove. The Miami Herald reported that they have talked to the Dolphins (link doesn't work)[/ul]
    [ul]Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe. Not official, but very likely as it has been a rumor for quite a long time now. He has bumped heads with Kansas City head coach Todd Haley alot.[/ul]

Also, our good friends, the Kansas City Chiefs, may be the NFLís most interesting trade partner in 2010. They have a couple of great players that would be a better fit in our scheme.

Safety Jarrod Page has excellent size at over six feet tall and 225 pounds. He has good closing speed and his size and aggressiveness makes him a factor in the running game. He's not fit to cover vast areas of land so he might perform better in our Cover 2 scheme.

OLB Derrick Johnson is the most interesting prospects as he's perhaps the best 4-3 outside linebacker in the NFL. The Chiefs run a 3-4 and he doesn't really fit their scheme.

CB Brandon Carr is another interesting player that would fill a big need this season. Carr is a prototypical Cover 2 corner, but may not be a fit for the Chiefs' more coverage-oriented secondary. He's very young and well-sized.
    I wouldn't mind Page or Carr, but I don't think we need another OLB. Greenway and Leber are fine, i'd be more concerned about filling other holes at this point such as FB, DT, RG, S, CB and MLB

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    HEY wrote:
    More trade talk...

I wouldn't mind Page or Carr, but I don't think we need another OLB. Greenway and Leber are fine, i'd be more concerned about filling other holes at this point such as FB, DT, RG, S, CB and MLB
    So because we have Leber we shouldn't look to the future today, we should just wait until the future is staring us in the face and we don't have a OLB ready to go?

Comeon my friend. We probably should have addressed OLB last year, but definately have to do it this year.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Marrdro wrote:
    Good stuff my friend.

I found this site the other day snooping about for rumors/visists/team interest etc.

Anyway, back to the discussion, I am starting to get a feeling that the art of "Trading" might be coming back in this "UNCAPPED" environment that will be this offseason and should make it very interesting.
    Feb 24 2010 11:40:33
    Vikings trade Pats QB Brady for 1st and 3rd round

(not so sure about that one...)
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Good stuff my friend.

LOL, there are several in there like that one. Truth be told, almost all of them made me think of Proph sitting there mucking with the guys site.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Good stuff my friend.

I would cream my pants, but it will never happen.

Would leave the Pats in quite a scenario without a QB.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Good stuff my friend.

I would cream my pants, but it will never happen.

Would leave the Pats in quite a scenario without a QB.
    It devastated them 2 years ago when Brady went down.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast