Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: 2009 Vikings Free Agents

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    Snip..........

Wilf declined to talk about his free agency plan.

"Right now, we're just enjoying the accomplishments that we did this year, and we'll build on that," he said.
    Hey, the owner is enjoying the season.
    Wonder why some fans can't.
    Sorry, not part of the topic, but couldn't resist.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

gr8vike is offline Asst. Coach

"mountainviking" wrote:
    I'm not sure if we're really ready to replace them, but I'm betting Birk and Sharper are both gone.

Kleiny is a keeper.
    If we are going to be replacing C and RT, it would be nice to have that extra blocking around to help out...whereever it ends up being needed the most.

I may be mistaken???
    but, aren't the Restricted FA already under contract with us?
    They could get offered a raise, and we could match, or decline and collect a pick or two...eh?
    If that is the case, then we may as well keep them all on the roster through preseason...

We might want to keep Boulware around for S depth...Farwell is our ST ace who was sorely missed, DT is good LB depth and plays decent ST.
    We need some of those DTackles for depth/rotation...just in case of suspension...not sure who I'd pick really.

MJ never really got it all together.
    [glow=red,2,300]Nap Harris apparently thinks he's a lineman (99?)[/glow]
    Sapp is OK, but not likely to beat out any of our top 3 CBs...
    All the 50's were taken.

Tapeh's cubicle was already cleared out with the nameplate removed when the locker room was opened to reporters, and Harris - wearing No. 99 because all the 50s are taken - was on the field for the afternoon practice
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2008-10-16-1925254638_x.htm

Thanks PPE for the Sig

Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still mentally challenged!

Big C is offline Coordinator

Guys I would keep:

DT Fred Evans
    CB Charles Gordon
    DE Jayme Mitchell
    FB Jim Kleinsasser
    MLB Napolean Harris
    LB Heath Farwell
    DT Jimmy Kennedy
    DT Ellis Wyms
    CB Benny Sapp

I was very dissapointed with Tahi this year. He missed more blocks than he made. Could hardly make more than a yard on the swing pass. Not running behind a seasoned FB like Richardson probably lead to some of those 1 or 2 yard gains we kept seeing AP get. Just my biased opinion ;D.

Benny Sapp is GOOD. Played as good as Gordon.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

"Big" wrote:
    Guys I would keep:

DT Fred Evans
    CB Charles Gordon
    DE Jayme Mitchell
    FB Jim Kleinsasser
    MLB Napolean Harris
    LB Heath Farwell
    DT Jimmy Kennedy
    DT Ellis Wyms
    CB Benny Sapp

I was very dissapointed with Tahi this year. He missed more blocks than he made. Could hardly make more than a yard on the swing pass. Not running behind a seasoned FB like Richardson probably lead to some of those 1 or 2 yard gains we kept seeing AP get. Just my biased opinion ;D.

Wow, you should listen to the play calls of Paul Allen were he starts a nice run by AD and CT with "A block by Tahi".
    As with all of our blockers, TE's, FB, RB, OL, we have issues with respect to picking up blitzes.
    Not blocking.

Benny has been a suprise, but better than Gordon?
    You might want to ask his biggest supporter (My brother Mars) on that.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Big" wrote:
    Guys I would keep:

DT Fred Evans
    CB Charles Gordon
    DE Jayme Mitchell
    FB Jim Kleinsasser
    MLB Napolean Harris
    LB Heath Farwell
    DT Jimmy Kennedy
    DT Ellis Wyms
    CB Benny Sapp

Wow, you should listen to the play calls of Paul Allen were he starts a nice run by AD and CT with "A block by Tahi".
    As with all of our blockers, TE's, FB, RB, OL, we have issues with respect to picking up blitzes.
    Not blocking.

Tahi has made some blocks, but he's had some awful misses on some run plays as well. I wouldn't call him solid yet. I remember twice against the Eagles where his guy messed up the play in the backfield.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Big" wrote:
    Guys I would keep:

DT Fred Evans
    CB Charles Gordon
    DE Jayme Mitchell
    FB Jim Kleinsasser
    MLB Napolean Harris
    LB Heath Farwell
    DT Jimmy Kennedy
    DT Ellis Wyms
    CB Benny Sapp

Not blocking.

Tahi has made some blocks, but he's had some awful misses on some run plays as well. I wouldn't call him solid yet. I remember twice against the Eagles where his guy messed up the play in the backfield.

He is growing

He made some improvments.. And thats what I expect from a young player

I hope he can grow even more.. He needs to work on blitz recognition first and formost

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I like the sauce as well, but our TE/FB positions are so crowded that I think someone has to bite the bullet. Why was it Dugan getting carries on 3rd and 1? Move Sauce back there and have him do it, or put Dugan on the line to block. In the end I wouldn't mind if he stays, but he is expendable.

What we have behind Birk and Sharper are questions marks and that scares me. I would rather work those guys in slowly than give them the fire treatment and hope they work out.

I think letting Johnson go and getting a different solid backup for our tackles might not be a bad call. Johnson was a second backup to Hicks anyways.

I suggesting letting a DT go to make room for a young guy who'll eventually replace Pat.

I can't support any player who's primary role was ST coverage this year. That's why I say buh bye Dontarrious. It makes me upset that Erin and Rufus didn't make the squad. LB will look nice with Leber, Greenway, EJ, Harris, Farwell, and a another that could be Erin, Rufus, or heck even a new rookie.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Big" wrote:
    Guys I would keep:

DT Fred Evans
    CB Charles Gordon
    DE Jayme Mitchell
    FB Jim Kleinsasser
    MLB Napolean Harris
    LB Heath Farwell
    DT Jimmy Kennedy
    DT Ellis Wyms
    CB Benny Sapp

Not blocking.

I think we are saying the same thing.
    Lets see what he does as the primary FB starting with OTA's instead of what happened with Tapeh this year.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Jimmy needs to stay

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Big" wrote:
    Guys I would keep:

DT Fred Evans
    CB Charles Gordon
    DE Jayme Mitchell
    FB Jim Kleinsasser
    MLB Napolean Harris
    LB Heath Farwell
    DT Jimmy Kennedy
    DT Ellis Wyms
    CB Benny Sapp

Not blocking.

Tahi does need some work.. we'll see what he does in OTA's... Should have kept Rich... I remember you were all for that tapeh signing... you were right he was more athletic tho...

I agree... Sapp had some big penalties, however, he did play solid for a few games in the end... A Charles Gordon he is not!!!...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast