Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Re: The 2009 Vikings Draft Class

solid draft, addressed our needs with BPA
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"V" wrote:

My guess is that a certain someone is going to be up in arms with how we didn't draft a DT at all.
    I think that is why he is hiding.

peterson-rox28 is offline Pro-Bowler

The only reason i would want to move up into to get bradford is because of all the guarenteed money he is going to get.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Tebow could still move up the boards too...he's a high character guy with ridiculous production.

But that's next year, at the moment, I'm pretty stoked with this year!!

Offense!
    Offense!!
    Just like I hoped followed by three good depth guys who are all likely to help STs too!
    Looks to me like our depth and TC competition went up tremendously at WR, RT, NB, returns and 2nd tier MLB and S!!!
    Pretty nice haul considering we didn't have that many needs to start with!

I'm very happy!
    Especially with getting, "the most explosive playmaker in the draft!"
    As Mayock mentioned...which was what I considered our biggest need.

I'm already looking at new lineups and liking them a lot more with Harvin...for the fear factor finally showing up outside in defensive Coord's minds!
    THen I start looking at options and I like it even more!!

BB

TJack

BM
    SH
    JS
    AH
    PL

Shanc

Rice

Harvin

AP/CT

*snap to Harvin rush off LG or LT
    *snap to AP rush off RG or RT
    *snap to Harvin, Tjack gets ball on end around rolling right, pulls up and fires deep (left BB, mid VS, right SR) or checkdowns to AP short right or PH who curled inside…or runs if open to first
    *Jackson in motion to RTE-snap to AP/CT for power rush right if it looks good, or, fake the run, roll right, then back and throw across field to Harvin open short or maybe BB going deep
    *snap to CT, roll right looking deep for BB, Shanc or Rice…Harvin fakes an outside route but cuts hard right underneath for a checkdown across the middle
    *snap to PH who fakes running right, then tosses the ball over a defender’s head to Tjack open short who then fires across field to a hopefully forgotten AP sitting open laterally under VS and SR’s deep routes

OR, perhaps even better, could be some 2 back set with any 2 of the 3 AP, CT, PH and a QB to fake one way and then toss over to the other back, or 5 step drop looking deep with RBs looking for blitzers and then sliding open underneath...etc etc etc

Like I said earlier, I think this offense just got a lot more fun to watch!!!
    SKOL VIKES!!!!!!
    ;D
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

peterson-rox28 is offline Pro-Bowler

"mountainviking" wrote:
    Tebow could still move up the boards too...he's a high character guy with ridiculous production.

Offense!
    Offense!!
    Just like I hoped followed by three good depth guys who are all likely to help STs too!
    Looks to me like our depth and TC competition went up tremendously at WR, RT, NB, returns and 2nd tier MLB and S!!!

I'm very happy!

I'm already looking at new lineups and liking them a lot more with Harvin...for the fear factor finally showing up outside in defensive Coord's minds!

BB

TJack

BM
    SH
    JS
    AH
    PL

Shanc

Rice

Harvin

AP/CT

*snap to Harvin, Tjack gets ball on end around rolling right, pulls up and fires deep (left BB, mid VS, right SR) or checkdowns to AP short right or PH who curled inside…or runs if open to first
    *Jackson in motion to RTE-snap to AP/CT for power rush right if it looks good, or, fake the run, roll right, then back and throw across field to Harvin open short or maybe BB going deep
    *snap to CT, roll right looking deep for BB, Shanc or Rice…Harvin fakes an outside route but cuts hard right underneath for a checkdown across the middle
    *snap to PH who fakes running right, then tosses the ball over a defender’s head to Tjack open short who then fires across field to a hopefully forgotten AP sitting open laterally under VS and SR’s deep routes

OR, perhaps even better, could be some 2 back set with any 2 of the 3 AP, CT, PH and a QB to fake one way and then toss over to the other back, or 5 step drop looking deep with RBs looking for blitzers and then sliding open underneath...etc etc etc

SKOL VIKES!!!!!!
    ;D
    I think you are forgetting who our coach is....

petev_sj is offline Training Camp

I think Harvin will have an immediate impact on our team. We do A LOT of dump off passes in our "West Coast" offense. Harvin will excel in this position.

Loadholt, I'm not sure will give us any better protection on the right side than Cook did. But the one plus for me is that he has been playing Tackle all his life. While Cook was a Center they tried to turn into a RT.

I love the Asher Allen pick. This guy is a combo of Winfield and Bob Sanders. Love the hard hitting. Love courage to stick his head in with the Lineman to make the tackles.

Hated the Brinkley pick. Don't think he is NFL caliber player.

Sandford. Don't know anything about him. No comment.

All in all. I give Vikings Staff a B+ for this draft. The players they picked were going to be there for them to take, so no real surprises in this draft.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"peterson-rox28" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:

Offense!
    Offense!!

I'm very happy!

BB

TJack

BM
    SH
    JS
    AH
    PL

Shanc

Rice

Harvin

AP/CT

SKOL VIKES!!!!!!
    ;D
    I think you are forgetting who our coach is....
    I still don't understand when people make comments like this.
    The guy has done trick plays in the past and has not been predictable all the time.
    The simple fact that people beeyatch about some of the plays that are called states it isn't predictable.
    Isn't Childress the one that called a fake FG where Longwell threw a TD?
    Isn't Childress the one that called a fake to where CT threw a TD pass?
    Didn't he call the play where Klewe threw a TD pass?
    Didn't he call a play where Dugan threw a TD pass?

Big C is offline Coordinator

I think Harvin will contribute more as a slot receiver on slants. Kind of Wes Welker type reciever to help move the chains. Not thrilled about having play 3rd RB. I am sure we will settle on UDFA for that. Also, Wade's contract will be up soon so am not suprised.

Absolutely LOVE the Loadholt pick. Probably not an upgrade over Cook in the passing game but (supposedly) a monster in the running game. Running the ball is our MO, so being able to run to BOTH sides is subtle change that makes a BIG diference to our play selections.

Absolutely love the Allen pick. Winfield jr, he is.

The Brinkley pick made NFLN's top 15 value picks of day 2. I place a lot of faith in Mayock's talent evaluation so think that is high praise and might justify the trade up. We need LB depth pretty bad so I am OK with this pick.

Don't know anything about Sanford but read that he is a 4 year starter, hard hitting safety who led the SEC in tackles over the last 4 years earning him an invite to the combine. I have respect for solid production so think it's a good pick for the 7th round.

I give a B+ for the draft.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

NFL Team: Minnesota Vikings 2009 Picks

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/team?team=min

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    NFL Team: Minnesota Vikings 2009 Picks

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/team?team=min

Overall, I'm very happy with our picks. Filled every need the FO identified. Still concerned about our QB.

[size=13pt]Six contenders exit NFL draft with big holes[/size]

By Albert Breer - SportingNews
    28 minutes ago

Minnesota Vikings

Need: Quarterback. This one isn't complicated. The coaches would like to get a better read on Tarvaris Jackson, but this is a win-now roster. And turnover-prone Sage Rosenfels doesn't seem like the answer, particularly given the team's reported interest in Josh Freeman, who was drafted by the Bucs.

Options: Had the Browns or Seahawks drafted Mark Sanchez, the Vikings could've made a strong play for Brady Quinn or Matt Hasselbeck. Michael Vick, anyone?
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast