Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    thatjusthappened28 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: The 2009 Vikings Draft Class

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "thatjusthappened28" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Big" wrote:
    Coach has nothing to do with Rice's injury problems but I would think he can help out with Allison pushing off. Isn't that technique and descipline and all that? Do you have any examples of what the WR coach has done to actually improve any of our WRs?

We have had so many young WRs go through training camp with us over the last few years but we still have to rely on free agent WRs for the season. I find that odd. Most teams have made SOMETHING out of a draft pick or UDFA WR but not us. Is it that we are not getting people talented enough or is the coach not doing something right?
    Depends on what you quantify as "last few years".

For me, I think that the composition of the team (scheme and age of roster) will determine (hold back/help) the speed at which a player develops.

In this instance, WR's trying to develop with a young QB coupled together with a new blocking scheme being implemented kindof show that maturation process down a bit.

Long story short, if we had a HOF QB, a solid OL that can consistently pass block, and our youngsters would/could stay healthy, we would probably see that growth.
    When you have a offense that is predominantly run first, run second, run third if you can get away with, pass if you can't, those cats won't develop in leaps and bounds My Sexy Little Pixie.

Lets hope the pieces/parts are finally in place for all 3 to come together this year.

;D
    exactly... you just gotta be optimistic!
    Optimism is a new concept for me.

;D
    sounds like its working out pretty well for you!

thank you Josdin00 for the amazing sig!

and yes... that just happened!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: The 2009 Vikings Draft Class

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Big" wrote:
    Coach has nothing to do with Rice's injury problems but I would think he can help out with Allison pushing off. Isn't that technique and descipline and all that? Do you have any examples of what the WR coach has done to actually improve any of our WRs?

We have had so many young WRs go through training camp with us over the last few years but we still have to rely on free agent WRs for the season. I find that odd. Most teams have made SOMETHING out of a draft pick or UDFA WR but not us. Is it that we are not getting people talented enough or is the coach not doing something right?
    Depends on what you quantify as "last few years".

For me, I think that the composition of the team (scheme and age of roster) will determine (hold back/help) the speed at which a player develops.

In this instance, WR's trying to develop with a young QB coupled together with a new blocking scheme being implemented kindof show that maturation process down a bit.

Long story short, if we had a HOF QB, a solid OL that can consistently pass block, and our youngsters would/could stay healthy, we would probably see that growth.
    When you have a offense that is predominantly run first, run second, run third if you can get away with, pass if you can't, those cats won't develop in leaps and bounds My Sexy Little Pixie.

Lets hope the pieces/parts are finally in place for all 3 to come together this year.

;D
    exactly... you just gotta be optimistic!
    Optimism is a new concept for me.

;D
    sounds like its working out pretty well for you!
    LOL, I was just kidding. Hang around and you will probably find that I am probably to optimistic.
    One of my failings in life.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910