CB - Georgia
    Round 5, Pick 14 (150)
    Jasper Brinkley
    ILB - South Carolina
    Round 7, Pick 22 (231)
    Jamarca Sanford
    FS
    - Mississippi

The 6th round pick went to Eagles for Kelly Holcolmb in 2007..

So we adressed the RT need, the CB need, The LB depth and got a special teamer..

We failed to adress the need for a 3rd runningback - defensive line depth..

The Vikings must think that they can snag someone up in UDFA or maybe they are waiting for roster cuts to finalize the squad.

I am mostly happy about the Loadholt pick, i like Allen and Brinkley as well and cant speak on Sanford cause i dont know anything about him..

The Harvin pick i have expressed my mind on i a few other threads.. no need to talk about that here..

What do you think about the draft?

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The 2009 Vikings Draft Class

"skum" wrote:
    Round 1, Pick 22 (22)
    Percy Harvin WR - Florida
    Round 2, Pick 22 (54)
    Phil Loadholt OT - Oklahoma
    Round 3, Pick 22 (86)
    Asher Allen
    CB - Georgia
    Round 5, Pick 14 (150)
    Jasper Brinkley
    ILB - South Carolina
    Round 7, Pick 22 (231)
    Jamarca Sanford
    FS
    - Mississippi

The 6th round pick went to Eagles for Kelly Holcolmb in 2007..

So we adressed the RT need, the CB need, The LB depth and got a special teamer..

We failed to adress the need for a 3rd runningback - defensive line depth..

The Vikings must think that they can snag someone up in UDFA or maybe they are waiting for roster cuts to finalize the squad.

I am mostly happy about the Loadholt pick, i like Allen and Brinkley as well and cant speak on Sanford cause i dont know anything about him..

The Harvin pick i have expressed my mind on i a few other threads.. no need to talk about that here..

What do you think about the draft?
    Harvin will serve as the 3rd RB if need be. We have depth on the DL. Told this to Marr in the beginning and that has not changed.

hav0x is offline Pro-Bowler

We got a playmaker, filled some holes and added depth, nothing to complain about in my book.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Solid draft. I think we did ok but I would rate the other teams in our confrence draft ahead of us.
    We got a few great players. We dont really have any real needs left. Anyone know what we gave up in the draft?

The best thing about this whole situation is that we set ourselves up to be able to trade up next year for the top QB if TJ and Sage fail. We could reunite Tebow with Percy, grab McCoy, or go with Bradford. Pretty exciting.

"marstc09" wrote:
    The best thing about this whole situation is that we set ourselves up to be able to trade up next year for the top QB if TJ and Sage fail. We could reunite Tebow with Percy, grab McCoy, or go with Bradford. Pretty exciting.
    Bradford will go #1 and there is no way they would trade up that high for him, same with McCoy, he'll probably to top 5. The best chance we have at a QB is Tebow.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"hav0x" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Bradford will go #1 and there is no way they would trade up that high for him, same with McCoy, he'll probably to top 5. The best chance we have at a QB is Tebow.
    We don't have too many needs. WR, TE, OL, DE,DT, LB,FS, SS, are all met. Why not give up your 1st and 2nd to get him.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I'm slowly warming to the idea of Harvin as a RB. Slowly. If so, we have an AWESOME backfield.

My guess is that a certain someone is going to be up in arms with how we didn't draft a DT at all.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "hav0x" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    We don't have too many needs. WR, TE, OL, DE,DT, LB,FS, SS, are all met. Why not give up your 1st and 2nd to get him.
    Because unless we have a terrible season its going to cost more than a first and a second.

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "hav0x" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Exactly. Why wouldn't we trade up?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast