Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

2009 Team Needs (Pre FA/Pre Draft)

Here is my effort to capture the data that will drive what teams will be doing during the offseason.
    It contains RFA's, UFA's, CAP available based on several different sources (couple I pay for so no url).

Additionally, I tried to take into account team news (ala LT issue with SD) when I plugged in needs.

Anyway, have at it.
    Please let me know what I missed/overlooked (ignore typo's please, caught most of them but there are still some in there):

Key: Impact/Minimal Impact/No Impact = "Impact to team if lost"

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 2009 Team Needs (Pre FA/Pre Draft)

link?

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Some interesting info and suppositions there Marr, I'd make a couple of comments based on what you have.

Vikings - not sure if the needs you have are in order of need or not, if you have then I would put OT ahead of C there.
    Also liked the fact that you mark Jimmy K as Impact
    - personally I think that many people underestimate or overlook what Jimmy does on the field. He might not be mentioned on every down but brings a lot to the team.

Patriots - not sure that Cassell could be classed as minimal impact. Potentially losing an excellent backup/starter( if Brady's recovery is slow or not full ) would be higher than that/

Like I say not knocks on what you have done, just some observations.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Here is my effort to capture the data that will drive what teams will be doing during the offseason.
    It contains RFA's, UFA's, CAP available based on several different sources (couple I pay for so no url).

Additionally, I tried to take into account team news (ala LT issue with SD) when I plugged in needs.

Anyway, have at it.
    Please let me know what I missed/overlooked (ignore typo's please, caught most of them but there are still some in there):

Where ever you got this list from, it is a little outdated. I am shocked at the minimal impact from the above.
    No way any of these guys will have a minimal impact. Also you have some Centers you wanted as minimal impact, yet you want them to come here? Marc Columbo was already resigned so I am guessing that him leaving would have had a bigger impact than minimal.

"marstc09" wrote:
    link?
    Did ya read the post.......?

I would have to put in a bunch of links and a most of them you couldn't see unless you subscribe to those sites.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"AngloVike" wrote:
    Some interesting info and suppositions there Marr, I'd make a couple of comments based on what you have.

Vikings - not sure if the needs you have are in order of need or not, if you have then I would put OT ahead of C there.
    - personally I think that many people underestimate or overlook what Jimmy does on the field. He might not be mentioned on every down but brings a lot to the team.

Patriots - not sure that Cassell could be classed as minimal impact. Potentially losing an excellent backup/starter( if Brady's recovery is slow or not full ) would be higher than that/

No specific order on the needs.
    As I read articles or heard stuff on TV/Radio I added the needs.

As to Cassell, I tend to agree that his impact might be a bit higher, however, it still bares watching with respect to how Tom comes back this year (if he does).

I will adjust these as we start getting towards FA.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Anyway, have at it.

Where ever you got this list from, it is a little outdated. I am shocked at the minimal impact from the above.
    No way any of these guys will have a minimal impact. Also you have some Centers you wanted as minimal impact, yet you want them to come here? Marc Columbo was already resigned so I am guessing that him leaving would have had a bigger impact than minimal.
    Its all subjective and only a starting point which leads to good discussion.
    Everyone will have opinions in this area that some will disagree with.

Garcia for instance, I kindof think that new coaches tend to have at least a one year option to start things anew.
    Call it a "Honeymoon" period if you will.......With that said, I don't think the new HC is gonna put as much value on him as Gruden would thereby allowing the FO room to move about trying to find a new/young talent to work with.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    link?
    Did ya read the post.......?

I would have to put in a bunch of links and a most of them you couldn't see unless you subscribe to those sites.
    Should really think about paying for a site with inaccurate info. Still should have a link so others can verify sources.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:

As to Cassell, I tend to agree that his impact might be a bit higher, however, it still bares watching with respect to how Tom comes back this year (if he does).

I think Cassel has an impact in a different way, because if they tag him, and a QBless team decideds to pay the high price for him, they get some high draft picks to bring some more impact players, so even if Tom is ready to come back, Cassel makes an impact on their team.

"Å*nowbowler" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:

I think Cassel has an impact in a different way, because if they tag him, and a QBless team decideds to pay the high price for him, they get some high draft picks to bring some more impact players, so even if Tom is ready to come back, Cassel makes an impact on their team.
    Yea I guess that is another way to look at it that I didn't consider......Truth be told that is exactly the kindof info I am looking for from this thread.

There are a bit over 300is FA's this year.
    No way I could figure out every scenario on my own.
    Just not that smart...... ;D

Thanks for the info.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast