Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 2009 Senior Bowl Articles-Notes-Observations

"Marrdro" wrote:

Some real intereting kids out there (Lots of Trojans by the way), some of which a few on here have touted up as solutions to our problems.....

Max Unger C

Struggled with strength as he was jolted and driven backward numerous times by Raji and Ron Brace. Did not look like he is strong enough to handle NFL defensive tackles.
    http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=509309

I thought you don't let the media sway you? LMFAO!
    : Please tell me when I said Max was a solution to our RT problem. I like him for depth at multiple positions. Tauscher is my solution to that garbage they call Cook.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    [size=20pt]Iglesias, Butler shine on Day 3[/size]

Although Laurinaitis projects himself as a fierce competitor, he's not here to compete with USC's linebackers, and scouts are wondering whether he has something to hide.
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...3fid%3d3849760

Last year all we heard was how great this kid is.
    Now we are hearing alot of stuff that he isn't gonna project well to the next level.

Anyone know whats up with him?
    Looks like he might have lost some money by staying at the collegiate level one more year.
    He will be in the WWE in two years.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Some real intereting kids out there (Lots of Trojans by the way), some of which a few on here have touted up as solutions to our problems.....

Max Unger C

Struggled with strength as he was jolted and driven backward numerous times by Raji and Ron Brace. Did not look like he is strong enough to handle NFL defensive tackles.

: Please tell me when I said Max was a solution to our RT problem. I like him for depth at multiple positions. Tauscher is my solution to that garbage they call Cook.
    How is quoting what some yutz wrote evident of my opinion?

Nothing more than a note of interest for the cats who were bragging the kid up....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Pat White from West Virginia looked good.
    Heard a interview with him on "Moving the Chains".
    Not as articulate as one would want, however, he sure can throw a ball and that was really evident yesterday as the other QB's struggled with the wind but his were spot on and didn't seem to be affected.

Hahahaha. I would laugh so hard if we drafted him. We would have 2 of the most athletic QBs in the league, which would open up a lot of options in the playbook, that Childress would choose not to conjure up.

The fear gearing a scheme around an athletic QB arises because he's more susceptible to injury, and NFL teams generally only have 1 athletic QB.

Childress would just be setting himself up to prove he's a failure. Although I do like that idea.
    Two things,,,,,

Lets not turn this into a "I hate Chiller thread" but rather lets just focus on what the talent looks like on the field and if any of them would fit the scheme based on what we are watching, have seen or know about the kids.

Pat White.
    Watched him again last night. Damn he throws a nice ball.
    Seems to be a bit small though.
    Marrdro telling me to stay on topic... I wasn't even off topic,
    it was a tangent.

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Pat White from West Virginia looked good.
    Heard a interview with him on "Moving the Chains".
    Not as articulate as one would want, however, he sure can throw a ball and that was really evident yesterday as the other QB's struggled with the wind but his were spot on and didn't seem to be affected.

Hahahaha. I would laugh so hard if we drafted him. We would have 2 of the most athletic QBs in the league, which would open up a lot of options in the playbook, that Childress would choose not to conjure up.

The fear gearing a scheme around an athletic QB arises because he's more susceptible to injury, and NFL teams generally only have 1 athletic QB.

Childress would just be setting himself up to prove he's a failure. Although I do like that idea.
    Two things,,,,,

Lets not turn this into a "I hate Chiller thread" but rather lets just focus on what the talent looks like on the field and if any of them would fit the scheme based on what we are watching, have seen or know about the kids.

Pat White.
    Watched him again last night. gol 'darnit he throws a nice ball.
    Seems to be a bit small though.
    Marrdro telling me to stay on topic... I wasn't even off topic,
    it was a tangent.
    You still crack me up though.......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

As I said in the biggest need thread 3 or Mike Mayocks top 5 centers are suited to a ZB system. Maybe look at picking up one of these kids to compete.

The way they were showing Tice interacting with the players (O-line and Tightend) made me sort of miss him.

I heard (on NFLN) teams wanted to move Pat White to another position, because he is such a playmaker and he didn't throw many passes at WV, nor was the system similar to that of the NFL.

Iglesias would be a good draft pick IMO, runs good routes and has good hands, was consistent at OU.

"jessejames09" wrote:
    As I said in the biggest need thread 3 or Mike Mayocks top 5 centers are suited to a ZB system. Maybe look at picking up one of these kids to compete.

The way they were showing Tice interacting with the players (O-line and Tightend) made me sort of miss him.

I heard (on NFLN) teams wanted to move Pat White to another position, because he is such a playmaker and he didn't throw many passes at WV, nor was the system similar to that of the NFL.

Iglesias would be a good draft pick IMO, runs good routes and has good hands, was consistent at OU.
    Should be a good draft for us this year even though I don't anticipate more than 2 or 3 making the 53 man roster.
    A C could be one of them.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:

Should be a good draft for us this year even though I don't anticipate more than 2 or 3 making the 53 man roster.
    I'm assuming 1 of your 2-3 is another O-lineman.

No TE, WR, CB, DT or LB? I think LB can always be improved in the draft.

Also the amount of guys that stick depends how many 5-7th round guys and undrafted FAs can play STs. We usually try to get a couple guys to compete there.

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:

I'm assuming 1 of your 2-3 is another O-lineman.

No TE, WR, CB, DT or LB? I think LB can always be improved in the draft.

Also the amount of guys that stick depends how many 5-7th round guys and undrafted FAs can play STs. We usually try to get a couple guys to compete there.

It is.
    I don't see Marcus or Matt coming back which would allow the staff to add a guy and still stay at thier normal roster allocation.
    DT and LB are the other 2 that I think have a chance of making the squad.
    Could be CB in there if Gordon doesn't come back healthy.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Max Unger C

How is quoting what some yutz wrote evident of my opinion?

Nothing more than a note of interest for the cats who were bragging the kid up....
    I wouldn't call it bragging. Again, nobody said this kid would start.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast