Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

The 2009 NFL Draft: S Prospects

Next in the multi-part draft breakdown are the safeties. I watch a ton of college football, but I'm not Mel Kiper Jr., so all of these are up for discussion.

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/200...-draft-s-prosp
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: The 2009 NFL Draft: S Prospects

Now that Sharper is gone, I wonder how this will shake up our approach to the draft. I bet more than we'll let on.

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

"Marrdro" wrote:
    but I'm not Mel Kiper Jr.

Are you sure thats a bad thing?

"PurpleTide" wrote:

Now that Sharper is gone, I wonder how this will shake up our approach to the draft. I bet more than we'll let on.
    They sure can't be overly confident in Frampton......

I really thought we would see them go for a young vet coming off his first year.
    Maybe STJ impressed more than some of us thought so they feel comfortable dipping back into the rookie pool.

Concern for me is this draft class doesn't have a guy that will be available to us (other than at 22) that appears to be a guy that could step in if M-will goes down again.

(and no, for those that will have to ask....., I still wouldn't want Sharper back)... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

thatjusthappened28 is offline Asst. Coach

my favorite safety in the 09 draft is Nic Harris. He plays with a lot of poise yet passion. He's a hard hitter and is always all over the field. He is a bit slower than most the safeties in the draft but he brings a lot of upside. I'm not sure if we'd take him in our scheme since he's a bit of a tweener between safety/linebacker, but he hits the holes great and stops runners before they're able to hit the secondary. He has decent coverage skills.

he'll be available in the 3rd round so maybe if they're lookin for depth at safety we'll take a chance on him!

thank you Josdin00 for the amazing sig!

and yes... that just happened!

"vikes2456" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    but I'm not Mel Kiper Jr.

Are you sure thats a bad thing?
    That is what the autor said, but no, it isn't a bad thing.
    Kiper has gotten a bit to off the wall for me the last 5 or so years.
    Picks way to much by what the teams should do instead of what they might do.

Mayock, Ourlads, Kirwan seem to have a better record than ole Mel my friend.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I am confident in our Safeties. No need to draft.

"marstc09" wrote:
    I am confident in our Safeties. No need to draft.
    Its a good thing to cause there just isn't much out there if you ask me.
    Rodgers is a interesting pickup by the way.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"thatjusthappened28" wrote:
    my favorite safety in the 09 draft is Nic Harris. He plays with a lot of poise yet passion. He's a hard hitter and is always all over the field. He is a bit slower than most the safeties in the draft but he brings a lot of upside. I'm not sure if we'd take him in our scheme since he's a bit of a tweener between safety/linebacker, but he hits the holes great and stops runners before they're able to hit the secondary. He has decent coverage skills.

he'll be available in the 3rd round so maybe if they're lookin for depth at safety we'll take a chance on him!
    From what I understand he ran in the 4.8s and will be moving to LB.

As for Victor "Macho" Harris though, that kid is going places. I think he could play corner or safety in the cover 2. Poor mans Troy Polamalu, mane and all.

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "thatjusthappened28" wrote:

From what I understand he ran in the 4.8s and will be moving to LB.

As for Victor "Macho" Harris though, that kid is going places. I think he could play corner or safety in the cover 2. Poor mans Troy Polamalu, mane and all.
    Value boards have him 3rd/4th round pick as a CB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast