Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50
  1. #21
    MetalMike-LoudVike's Avatar
    MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: 2008 Viking First Round Mock Draft (Actual possible choices)

    I voted Campbell, This guy is huge can play the pass and run well. But I would be happy to see them take Chris Williams. 1 of the 2.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

  2. #22
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: 2008 Viking First Round Mock Draft (Actual possible choices)

    I think Robison and Edwards can start. I would go Williams because the McKinnie situation is going to hurt. I don't think he backup is capable of protecting TJ and opening holes for Peterson. Chase Johnson in the starting lineup is scary!

  3. #23
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,775

    Re: 2008 Viking First Round Mock Draft (Actual possible choices)

    "MetalMike-LoudVike" wrote:
    I voted Campbell, This guy is huge can play the pass and run well. But I would be happy to see them take Chris Williams. 1 of the 2.
    Watch the video <LINK> of Campbell at the combine, he's big but looks a little slow and clumsy, watching him run the 40 he reminds me of McKinnie trying to play a speed rusher.
    Here is Harvey's <LINK> and his moment is quicker and more fluid.
    IMHO Campbell is a bit of a reach in the first round, he's a big guy but against NFL OL without more speed I think his is going to take more time to develop.

  4. #24
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,877

    Re: 2008 Viking First Round Mock Draft (Actual possible choices)

    If those are the only choices, I'd go with Chris Williams.
    McKinnie's situation is not looking good.
    Even if he gets out of it with minimal game missage,
    I think its time we look for his replacement.

    If Harvey was one of
    your choices, I would have probably gone with him.

  5. #25
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,513

    Re: 2008 Viking First Round Mock Draft (Actual possible choices)


    I'de like us to take Merling in the 1st round and the best available OT in the Second...



    The OT's are deep in this years draft,
    deeper than the DE's.....We will get one of the top 4 DE's with the 17th pick, and I'm sure Merling will stil be there.
    I believe this kid has alot of upside to him.
    To me he is a bigger, stronger and quicker version of
    Robison, and I like Robison.




    When the 2nd round pick comes around, there will still be a good number of LOT's that would be solid picks.






    This is the way I would good....


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  6. #26
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,915

    Re: 2008 Viking First Round Mock Draft (Actual possible choices)

    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    "MetalMike-LoudVike" wrote:
    I voted Campbell, This guy is huge can play the pass and run well. But I would be happy to see them take Chris Williams. 1 of the 2.
    Watch the video <LINK> of Campbell at the combine, he's big but looks a little slow and clumsy, watching him run the 40 he reminds me of McKinnie trying to play a speed rusher.
    Here is Harvey's <LINK> and his moment is quicker and more fluid.
    IMHO Campbell is a bit of a reach in the first round, he's a big guy but against NFL OL without more speed I think his is going to take more time to develop.
    These are two different guys.
    Campbell is 6'8 290.
    I see that video as just a snapshot but the guy had the option to play basketball at the collegaite level. I think he is athletic but has a funny running style.

  7. #27
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,051

    Re: 2008 Viking First Round Mock Draft (Actual possible choices)

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    "MetalMike-LoudVike" wrote:
    I voted Campbell, This guy is huge can play the pass and run well. But I would be happy to see them take Chris Williams. 1 of the 2.
    Watch the video <LINK> of Campbell at the combine, he's big but looks a little slow and clumsy, watching him run the 40 he reminds me of McKinnie trying to play a speed rusher.
    Here is Harvey's <LINK> and his moment is quicker and more fluid.
    IMHO Campbell is a bit of a reach in the first round, he's a big guy but against NFL OL without more speed I think his is going to take more time to develop.
    These are two different guys.
    Campbell is 6'8 290.
    I see that video as just a snapshot but the guy had the option to play basketball at the collegaite level. I think he is athletic but has a funny running style.
    he also has a lousy work ethic, sounds great for a pass rushing DE.

    Pissing on the Pack since 08'

  8. #28
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: 2008 Viking First Round Mock Draft (Actual possible choices)

    "zakvikes2k" wrote:
    We as Vikings fans have a responsibility to make the right choice whether management does or not. This our the most obvious choices at #17 this year. Malcolm Kelly has actual dropped down many draft charts so it could work in case you were wondering.
    Malcolm Kelly shot himself in the foot at his workout last week by blasting OU for supposedly making him run his 40s on a slow track.
    He'll slip to the 2nd round.

    As to my responsibilities as a Vikings fan:
    I feel those are covered by screaming my lungs out during home games.
    In relation to the draft, the management knows a billion times more than me, so it's ludicrous for me to think I can question choices that they will make.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #29
    DustinDupont's Avatar
    DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,607

    Re: 2008 Viking First Round Mock Draft (Actual possible choices)

    I voted Groves! I think he would be a nice addition, one of those tweener guys that can get to the quarterback

  10. #30
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,051

    Re: 2008 Viking First Round Mock Draft (Actual possible choices)

    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    I voted Groves! I think he would be a nice addition, one of those tweener guys that can get to the quarterback
    woo hoo, im not the lone vote on groves anymore lol

    Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MOVED: 2008 Viking First Round Mock Draft (Actual possible choices)
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2008, 10:19 PM
  2. Mountain Viking's 2008 Mock First Round
    By mountainviking in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-20-2008, 03:09 PM
  3. Mock Draft Choices
    By aaeyers in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 09:03 AM
  4. My first 1st Round mock draft
    By brbitker in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-06-2007, 12:31 AM
  5. 2 New 7 Round Mock Draft
    By VikesAllTheWay112642 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-28-2006, 04:21 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •