Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: 2008 Senior Bowl Practice - NFL Network

"DaVizzles" wrote:
    Did anybody watch the North team today?

I thought that Gosder Cherilus looked really good again today.His stock is rising for sure. Also Sedrick Ellis again looked like a complete stud. I am having trouble trying to decide who is better Glenn Dorsey or Sedrick Ellis? Lavelle Hawkins WR from Cal was pretty impressive, he has very good speed. One guy that definatly hurt his stock was Adarius Bowman. He had at least 4 drops and a fumble.

The South practice is on later today if anyone is interested...
    I plan on parking my fat ass in front of the tube and filling out some scouting sheets on a few guys.
    I am way behind the 8 ball on my mock........ '

Zeus has been holding me back this year.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MindFreak is offline Starter

I just looked at the rosters, and go ahead and laugh if you want, but why isn't Wheelwright on there? He's got great size, was a
    good receiver for the gophers even without having a real QB to throw him the ball.
    You can't be let down if you don't expect the world

"MindFreak" wrote:
    I just looked at the rosters, and go ahead and laugh if you want, but why isn't Wheelwright on there? He's got great size, was a
    good receiver for the gophers even without having a real QB to throw him the ball.
    From what they were saying last night, alot of them chose to wait until either the combine or thier individual workouts.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "MindFreak" wrote:
    It's times like these that make me wish i were still single, so i could watch this at sometime today when i get home form work
    Some words of wisdom......

Better lay the law down now and go through a bit of hell instead of letting her run things for a while and then trying to change her.

If you can't do that, buy another TV.
    Wildwoman has her own HDTV in her bedroom and I have the one in the Living room and another in my bedroom.
    Well said.
    I am newly married (oct. 20th) and my wife knows that there are certain things I won;t bend on.
    Football is one of them.
    If football is on TV, she will simply get up, give me a kiss, and say "i'll be in the other room watching TV.
    Heck, she even came with me to a sports bar in the small beach town the day after we got married to watch the game with myself and my friends.
    It was painful at first, as there were a few fights at the beginning of our relationship, but they have paid off now!!!

"MN_SkolVikings_NC" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "MindFreak" wrote:
    It's times like these that make me wish i were still single, so i could watch this at sometime today when i get home form work

Better lay the law down now and go through a bit of hell instead of letting her run things for a while and then trying to change her.

Wildwoman has her own HDTV in her bedroom and I have the one in the Living room and another in my bedroom.
    Well said.
    I am newly married (oct. 20th) and my wife knows that there are certain things I won;t bend on.
    Football is one of them.
    If football is on TV, she will simply get up, give me a kiss, and say "i'll be in the other room watching TV.
    Heck, she even came with me to a sports bar in the small beach town the day after we got married to watch the game with myself and my friends.
    It was painful at first, as there were a few fights at the beginning of our relationship, but they have paid off now!!!
    She's a keeper.
    Treat her nice.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "MindFreak" wrote:

Well said.
    Football is one of them.
    She's a keeper.
    Treat her nice.
    Oh you know it Marrdro!!!
    Plus she is WAY too good looking to be with me... so I'm holding on tight.
    A little update... I caught her browsing the Vikings Lockeroom online last night looking for some gear for herself for next year.
    I almost cried I was soo proud!

Anyway... back to the topic at hand.
    I have been DVR'ing the NFL coverage and really look forward to watching it.
    I caught some of Maycock last year and really looking forward to it again

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

Some observations that I have made from the practices so far:

The North QBs (Flacco, Henne, Booty) are way better than the South QBs (Brennan, Ainge, Woodson).
    I would take any of the North QBs in the draft, and avoid the three from the South.

To me the most impressive WRs have been Caldwell, Douglas, and Avery.
    Sweed and Bowman have been somewhat disappointing.

We have to go after Justice or Pollack at center because I think the other senior centers are not quite the caliber of these two guys.

DT Dre Moore has looked pretty nice with the pass rush.

Oniel Cousins and Heath Benedict are both beasts on the OL.
    I like Benedict as a RT prospect.

CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (Antonio's cousin) looks to have the same ball skills as his cousin.
    Leodis McKelvin from Troy also impressed.
    The safeties have been kind of a let down so far in coverage.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    Some observations that I have made from the practices so far:

The North QBs (Flacco, Henne, Booty) are way better than the South QBs (Brennan, Ainge, Woodson).
    I would take any of the North QBs in the draft, and avoid the three from the South.

To me the most impressive WRs have been Caldwell, Douglas, and Avery.
    Sweed and Bowman have been somewhat disappointing.

We have to go after Justice or Pollack at center because I think the other senior centers are not quite the caliber of these two guys.

DT Dre Moore has looked pretty nice with the pass rush.

Oniel Cousins and Heath Benedict are both beasts on the OL.
    I like Benedict as a RT prospect.

CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (Antonio's cousin) looks to have the same ball skills as his cousin.
    Leodis McKelvin from Troy also impressed.
    The safeties have been kind of a let down so far in coverage.
    Very nice observations.

I would also add that I don't think I have ever seen Martz talk so much.
    I am kindof impressed with the coaching he gives the QBs.
    Very intersting to listen to.

By the way, lets not forget about a guy called Dan Moses when we talk going after Centers/replacement for Birk.
    I think he has potential and he is already on the roster.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "MindFreak" wrote:

Well said.
    Football is one of them.

Mar, LOL!

Who really gets to lay down the law with a woman/wife.

If you don't know that the women wear the pants, then you are not being honest with yourself.

I think making your wants and needs known early in the relationship (b4 marriage) is the only way to go.
    If a person doesn't be honest about ones football needs b4 marriage, then they are just as much to blame as the other person in the relationship who doesn't understand why you won't watch figure skating with them anymore.
    LOL!

Good one my friend.
    8)

This almost sounds passive aggressive.

Thread Derailed.......... Back on track.......

I do have a concern about the comments on the Center position.
    Anyone remember that Cook might be a better center than a RT, along with Moses, whom Mar mentioned in his post.

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "MindFreak" wrote:

Well said.
    Football is one of them.

Mar, LOL!

Who really gets to lay down the law with a woman/wife.

If you don't know that the women wear the pants, then you are not being honest with yourself.

I think making your wants and needs known early in the relationship (b4 marriage) is the only way to go.
    If a person doesn't be honest about ones football needs b4 marriage, then they are just as much to blame as the other person in the relationship who doesn't understand why you won't watch figure skating with them anymore.
    LOL!

Good one my friend.

8)

This almost sounds passive aggressive.

Thread Derailed.......... Back on track.......

I do have a concern about the comments on the Center position.
    Anyone remember that Cook might be a better center than a RT, along with Moses, whom Mar mentioned in his post.
    Wildwoman and I have a good marriage.
    I am in charge of things she trusts me with and I get to have the TV in the living room for all sports.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast