Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Re: 2008 NFL Mock Draft - 4 Rounds

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:
    I honestly think at drafting Ainge would be a waste, i think he has no upside at all.

He has had the chances to show that he could be a great quarterback in Tenn's system, however he hasnt done it.

He also has a knack for throwing of his back foot when he is rushed and he had 51! balls deflected in 2007 because of the way he throws the ball.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Eric Ainge still availible in the 5-6th round. He has so many "scares" that will make NFL teams run away.

You could make a case for Bowman in the 4th round, but i would like to see us pick up a reciever before that.

Struggled trying to locate the deep throws earlier in his career and it was discovered that he had 20/900 vision. He underwent lasik surgery in April 2007 to correct the problem, but still failed to get to 30 passes as a senior (had 108 passes targeted to him, catching 67, as he had 11 others deflected)

- Sound familiar?.. Hello Mr. Williamson II :>
    I hear ya my freind.

Sounds like you've seen him play.
    I haven't.
    All I have to go off of is what I read.
    I will defer to your first hand knowledge.
    Ive seen him in 2 or 3 games and he really hasnt showed me anything in either, he did have a touchdown vs my Dawgs in the season opener, but other than that, he really did nothing..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

"ajoyce" wrote:
    I would love to see Phillips there at 17 but I don't see it happening.
    Also, Bowman will be gone by the third round.
    Would love to see this senario happen though.

While we'll all be crossing our fingers for Phillips at 17, it could happen.Reggie Smith IMO is just as talented and would do nicely. As far as Bowman, he didn't impress the first couple days of the senior bowl practices.He dropped some catchable balls and I read that he didn't shine like some other receivers did.Until the combine, everyone now has THAT impression of him.So as of right now yes he could slip to the 3rd,easily.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    by Gregory Cox
    Director of College Football and NFL Analysis

I have been asked what the fascination is with NFL mock drafts. For me it is pretty simple. Everyone has hope for the following season when their team can make a run. Top to bottom each city can look for something positive in a mock draft. Last year the Giants were 8-8, now they are Super Bowl champions. Fans of Houston, Philadelphia, Minnesota, and Arizona (all 8-8 this year) or even Denver, Cincinnati, Detroit, Chicago, Carolina and New Orleans (7-9) have visions of a similar run.
    For all you draftnicks out there, this guy usually does a pretty good job not only picking actual players but he also has some pretty good points when it comes to why teams pick the way they do.

17) Minnesota – S Kenny Phillips (Miami, FL)
    47) Minnesota – DE Chris Ellis (Virginia Tech)
    73) Minnesota (via Denver) – WR Adarius Bowman (Oklahoma State)
    82) Minnesota – C Steve Justice (Wake Forest)
    113) Minnesota – QB Erik Ainge (Tennessee)

Needless to say I really like his stuff even though I depart from his selections after Ellis
    ;D.

Take some time and read his comments on all the teams.
    Again, he always does a great job explaining things.

http://www.thefootballexpert.com/coxmockdraft.html
    i love that draft
    if we were to do that i think id go streaking
    thats excactly what i want the organization to do
    mad dap to gregory cox

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Mr." wrote:
    "ajoyce" wrote:

While we'll all be crossing our fingers for Phillips at 17, it could happen.Reggie Smith IMO is just as talented and would do nicely. As far as Bowman, he didn't impress the first couple days of the senior bowl practices.He dropped some catchable balls and I read that he didn't shine like some other receivers did.Until the combine, everyone now has THAT impression of him.So as of right now yes he could slip to the 3rd,easily.
    I am sure someone who likes Phillips over Smith because he is on a favorite college team will disagree, but I also like Smith better than Phillips.
    Again, never seen either one of them play.
    Just basing my observations on what some scouts say about them both.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I'll not claim to be too clued up on the college players as I don't very much of it here. However I have to credit Marrdro for posting this link up, the guy does give some good reasoning for his picks and I have to agree that at least the first three made good sense.
    Come to think of it wasn't safety the first round pick in your mock draft Marrdro? S, DE & WR would be a good order and based on need as well
    Nice find matey
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr." wrote:
    "ajoyce" wrote:

I am sure someone who likes Phillips over Smith because he is on a favorite college team will disagree, but I also like Smith better than Phillips.

Just wondering...What attributes make you like Smith more than Phillips?
    I like Phillips because he seems to be the more physical, rangy athlete.
    He also comes from a school with a recent history of producing top safeties.
    It will be fun watching these guys at the combine this weekend.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

"AngloVike" wrote:
    I'll not claim to be too clued up on the college players as I don't very much of it here. However I have to credit Marrdro for posting this link up, the guy does give some good reasoning for his picks and I have to agree that at least the first three made good sense.
    Come to think of it wasn't safety the first round pick in your mock draft Marrdro? S, DE & WR would be a good order and based on need as well
    Nice find matey
    Thanks for the compliments my friend.

I sure don't want any credit for the work of the author.
    Again, I only stuck it up there for some of us to see how one of these guys rationalizes how he does his mocks.

And yes, I have S, DE (used to be DT) and DT as our top 3 picks.

S based on the fact that I believe the draft is weak at that position and one of the top 3 will be available for us.
    DE because it is now a significant need now that have some insight into Keneche and Udeze's struggles/availability next year.
    DT because we will need a guy to step into a critical position to spell Phat Pat next year as I assume Spencer will not be resigned.

Then throw in the fact that we don't appear to have all the CAP dollars most thought and you have us drafting BPA and for need at almost every position.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    I would probably debate the Center, but, the guy is right in that "the lines define this team..."
    Personally, I will be surprised if the Vikes don't go OL in their first 3 picks too.
    Otherwise, I think the guy's projections are pretty solid.
    Can definitely see the first 3 picks just like that...although, I think Bowman may possibly be gone...if so, I see the Vikes going TE.
    Obviously, these picks depend largely on what action the Vikes take in FA.

I'm sold on Phillips, however, if the Vikes do not pick up Berrian, Hackett, Johnson, or Wilford, I definitely see them going WR in the first 2 RDs.
    If so, I like, Sweed alot...a man among boys in the Big 12, I also like Doucet, see Mayock's analysis on NFL Network.
    It is entirely possible that the Vikes take a pass on FA WR given the fact that it is arguably the strongest position in the Draft...it's conceiveable that the top 15 could be starting within a couple of years.
    I've followed his stuff for a few years.

He always has very sound logic behind each of his picks (actual team needs) and although I see some of the team needs differently as he does, I tend to agree with him on most instances as I think he a BIT more insight than I especially when it comes to the rookies and how they are falling/rising on the value boards.

Phillips for example, most mocks started out with him at the top, and now he is the second and possibly slipping to the 3rd best S on most value boards.

Again, this post wasn't to actually agree or disgree with him but rather to show the process/rationale he lays out with each pick.
    Got it Marr.
    In fact, I could easily see this guys scenario pan out.
    He is quite thoughtful, and must be correct, because I largely agree with him
    ;D.
    Thanks for sharing the source, yet another illustration of why PP.O ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr." wrote:
    "ajoyce" wrote:

Just wondering...What attributes make you like Smith more than Phillips?
    I like Phillips because he seems to be the more physical, rangy athlete.
    He also comes from a school with a recent history of producing top safeties.
    It will be fun watching these guys at the combine this weekend.
    I guess the term "Like" probably isn't a good word for my opinion on players this time of year.

As most know I don't follow college ball much (unless I get to see the Gophers play) so I know little about the players and rely mostly on value boards as a means of scouting/ranking players.

When I see a guy slipping before the combines I start to get a bit worried about his potential.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see any of the top 3 S picked at 17, not because I like them, but because I feel that it is the teams biggest need (next to DE).

In most instances I would slot a DE in the first round but because that position is so deep (and Saftey isn't very deep) I believe the Vikes will take a S.

Again, "Like" isn't a good term.
    Just don't have one better.
    Hope that helps.

I also look forward to the combine as it will be the first time I ever see anyof these guys.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I like mock draft, but they are almost never accurate.
    Usually there is some unforseen things that happen in the first round that have a ripple effect on the rest of the draft.
    Kinda like skipping a multiple choice question on a test and having all the answers shift 1 down by accident.
    ;D

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast